Anybody else seen this?? Cheaper Than Dirt supsending sales

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/online-gun-retailer-cheaper-than-dirt-suspends-firearm-sales/

From the article:

Online gun retailer Cheaper Than Dirt announced Tuesday that it will be suspending certain firearm sales “effective immediately” pending an internal policy review.  â€‹What exactly they are reviewing remains unclear, but the announcement has prompted swift reaction on the site’s Facebook page.

Edited by Worriedman
A very good friend of mine knows the owner (of the Internet portion +1 of the stores) and talked to him yesterday. He said they're not getting out of the gun selling biz at all but simply had to suspend sales for a while due to overwhelming demand. Their sales had tripled and the needed to staff and order accordingly.
Don't get me wrong, I've never shopped them just because I've always found what I'm looking for locally or slightly cheaper after digging around and researching. But the guy is super nice and wants nothing more than to serve the gun community. He's an avid shooter and is simply trying to run his business the best way he sees fit. He's not in control of the Facebook posts or any of that, he's got a management and marketing team that all answer to him and he's addressed the things that have happened over the past few days.
Now, just like every retailer you're going to have to watch pricing to make sure you don't get gouged on some things, and if they want to start gouging on everything by all means don't shop with them.
I'm simply saying they couldn't keep up with the demand of incoming orders and that's why they suspended sales. He never intended to have anything communicated saying CTD was getting out of firearms sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A very good friend of mine knows the owner (of the Internet portion +1 of the stores) and talked to him yesterday. He said they're not getting out of the gun selling biz at all but simply had to suspend sales for a while due to overwhelming demand. Their sales had tripled and the needed to staff and order accordingly.
Don't get me wrong, I've never shopped them just because I've always found what I'm looking for locally or slightly cheaper after digging around and researching. But the guy is super nice and wants nothing more than to serve the gun community. He's an avid shooter and is simply trying to run his business the best way he sees fit. He's not in control of the Facebook posts or any of that, he's got a management and marketing team that all answer to him and he's addressed the things that have happened over the past few days.
Now, just like every retailer you're going to have to watch pricing to make sure you don't get gouged on some things, and if they want to start gouging on everything by all means don't shop with them.
I'm simply saying they couldn't keep up with the demand of incoming orders and that's why they suspended sales. He never intended to have anything communicated saying CTD was getting out of firearms sales.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whatever. They raised their prices on mags by 500% in order to cash in on the panic buying in the wake of a tragedy. I want to see them choke on their own unethical practices and go under. The fact they are backpeddling now only pisses me off more, because they are insulting the intelligence of the gun owning community by assuming we aren't smart enough to know what they're doing. They just need to fly that flag proudly if that is how they consistently conduct business. Eff 'em.
If he "never intended to have anything communicated saying CTD was getting out of firearms sales", he apparently poorly-worded himself right outta a lot of business - or even worse, allowed someone else to do it for him. No tear shed here, regardless.
Who cares? CTD sux blue whale ( the biggest mammal on earth). I would make my own charcoal, Make my own nitrate from barn dirt, and mix it appropriately with floured sulphur to launch bullets I cast from a gun I make from water pipe before I'd do business with people like them. On the other hand, there's nothing compelling anyone to do business with them, this a free market capitalist society. They're free to be douche bags if they like. Talking about them does nothing. Just stop going to their website, taking their catalog and never buy from them.
Who cares? CTD sux blue whale ( the biggest mammal on earth). I would make my own charcoal, Make my own nitrate from barn dirt, and mix it appropriately with floured sulphur to launch bullets I cast from a gun I make from water pipe before I'd do business with people like them. On the other hand, there's nothing compelling anyone to do business with them, this a free market capitalist society. They're free to be douche bags if they like. Talking about them does nothing. Just stop going to their website, taking their catalog and never buy from them.

I have not been on their website nor bought from them since 2008.  Have no idea how I am on their list, but wanted to make the point that due to their character, their $ went straight into my trash can. 

I thought it was a simple statement.  Putting bleach on the rot.

I was pulling up CTD on my phone to show another supervisor at work how crazy stuff was as he doesn't keep up with things as much as I do. and they now do not show magazines or ammo or scopes, not that it matters to most of us that were ticked off at their antics recently, but expected I guess.