Outdoor Junction Cookeville gouging

Lumber_Jack

Stopped in to see what they had. No ARs left. Sold the last two Ruger Piston ARs for $1499 while I was there (10mins after opening).

Then I noticed 4 boxes of Pmags 100 mags per box. I asked if I could buy a couple. They said yes, she scanned one and it came up $34.99 for non-window mag. That's just bullshit. They were $19.99 last week (still way to high). I said "that's ridiculous" and left.

I just have short patients for preying on the panic of your customers. I am trying to be level headed, but thought if I could grab a couple, I would. Nah
  • Like 1
That is ridiculous I hate stores that do crap like that in times like this. People should remember who these stores are so when times settle out they won't buy from them.

Yeah, they won't get any more of my money.

I stopped by Nashville Armory on my way to Kentucky. They had a whole box full for $15 each. So I bought a couple just to weather the storm. I appreciate a store that respects their customers.
  • Like 2

You might want to check out SKD Tactical; I've bought a lot of magazines and other goodies from them and have always had excellent service and at least what seems to be fair prices.

I just looked and didn't see any aluminum AR15 mags there but they appear to have PMags in stock and for $14.20

Well shoot...maybe not in stock after all...sorry.

Edited by RobertNashville

One of the local gun stores/pawn shops in Greeneville that I frequent still had a few left. They are only selling 3 at a time which I think is fair and they haven't jacked the prices up on them either. They even put 3 back for me when I call and said I couldn't make it right away. 

• Admin Team

All I can say is remember who your friends are and who is out there just to make a quick buck off of a panic.  Gun stores need us when times are normal.  They think they can get away with mistreating everyone during a panic without suffering consequences.

If we all stop supporting these places even after some manner of normalcy returns, they might suffer some of the market consequences they so deserve.

By all means, call them on it publically.  Let them know that they've lost a customer, and that negative word of mouth is far more destructive than all the good reviews out there can be.

Guest bkelm18
I bought Pmags last night from Botach Tactical for $12.95 and free shipping. Can't beat that deal anywhere else I've seen on the net.

Buying something from Botach and actually recieving anything from Botach are two separate things. :lol:

Heck, i bought my forearm quad rail from Botach and recieved it within a week. But this was back in spring. With the holiday season, i don't expect my pkg of 6 pmags to arrive as fast.

Ordered some sunday night from Botach and paid a fair price.

Guest Skyline034
Yeah I've heard all the horror stories from Botach Tactical but have never had an issue through them. Although it appears their website is down so I may be experiencing troubles soon! Hahaha

By all means, call them on it publically. Let them know that they've lost a customer, and that negative word of mouth is far more destructive than all the good reviews out there can be.

That was my purpose of this post, and they are going to get a tactfully written email as well.

And also going to commend Nashville Armory for serving their customer base and not preying on them! Great business and great facility.
  • Admin Team
That was my purpose of this post, and they are going to get a tactfully written email as well.

And also going to commend Nashville Armory for serving their customer base and not preying on them! Great business and great facility.

You should have let us know you were coming through.  We could have met you up there and let you check out their range.

You never call.  You never write...;)

Seriously.  Let us know next time you're coming through.

Yeah, they won't get any more of my money.

I stopped by Nashville Armory on my way to Kentucky. They had a whole box full for $15 each. So I bought a couple just to weather the storm. I appreciate a store that respects their customers.

Yep, and the staff that works there is great too.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest CheezWiz

Stopped in to see what they had. No ARs left. Sold the last two Ruger Piston ARs for $1499 while I was there (10mins after opening).

Then I noticed 4 boxes of Pmags 100 mags per box. I asked if I could buy a couple. They said yes, she scanned one and it came up $34.99 for non-window mag. That's just bullshit. They were $19.99 last week (still way to high). I said "that's ridiculous" and left.

I just have short patients for preying on the panic of your customers. I am trying to be level headed, but thought if I could grab a couple, I would. Nah

Yes they are! I was quite disappointed with them as well.

I stopped in Outdoor Junction just befor panic became widespread. Two guys behind the counter were fanning the flames harder than any other shop that ive visited. One of the guys "had the ban list" and was telling folks that "this one is one, don't put it down because next person will grab it". guys were buying quicker than they could be taken off the rack.

On the positive side, I picked up a bunch of ammo cans for 12.99. ;)

Its high but not totally ridiculous.  I was at local pawn shop that was selling Metal AR Mags for $70 each lol.

You know, I'm a firm believer in capitalism and understand the supply and demand economic model. BUT, there comes a point where the later becomes greed, pure and simple.

You know, I'm a firm believer in capitalism and understand the supply and demand economic model. BUT, there comes a point where the later becomes greed, pure and simple.

Sort of like what the occupy protests were about, all of those old greedy people and corporations making all of that money and not sharing?

targetsportsusa.com had pmags yesterday for 12.99. haven't checked today though.

last week kygunco.com had them for $10.89.
3 days later they were $12.99
the next day they were $17.99

Good luck in getting them.   They waited almost a month before the let me know that my order was not going to ship.   I didn't question them earlier because they said up front it would be 2-3 weeks before shipping because of their work load.

Jack, there's plenty of cars that cost $3000 40 years ago that are now selling for $250,000. Haven't heard anyone around here losing their mind over those, and they are nearing a 10,000% markup

Yes true, but no one is selling a stock Chevy truck they paid $30k for last month for $60k today. Magpul has made it clear they did not want their dealers gouging.

Hey, if they wanna charge $35 for a $13 mag, that's fine I'm not gonna call the police, I'm just not gonna shop there. Simple as that. And I just started this thread to let others know who is our friend in the gun community and who is preying on the week and scared.

And as the other poster said, their staff at the gun counter was feeding the flames telling everyone that all semi auto guns were gonna be gone, even shotguns. I just have little tolerance for that type of store
  • Like 1