I'm voting Democrat

Guest nraforlife

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still haven't seen any data or proof on why anyone is a democrat.

Len, you support social and labor issues?? Care to name them.

I support anti-dem social issues. Pro life, keep your wick dry and legs closed, both male and female are responsible, not a clinic. The life lines of welfare should be made available only after certification that the person cannot support themselves. They should be warned that since they are on welfare they are not to raise a family until practical financial issues are taken care of (get married where the support network of a family takes place). If on welfare, pay it back with community service. You don't need a degree or skill to clean your neigborhood. I could go on but I think you see my point. Personal responsibility is a social virture.

Labor? Market will determine a price. Competition is good. People will pay for a good product competitively priced. Jobs moving away is a fact of any developed nation. You should not get paid 28 dollars an hour to hit a bolt once every 60 seconds with a powered nut driver, its not a good return on investment dollar. Unions are a thing of the past. Not needed with the plethora of lawyers ready to take up your cause.

Work hard, earn your money, keep learning, strive to make it better at work and home. Practice the religon of your choice. If you choose to live alternative lifestyles, do so at home. I don't need to know your a mo, les, goat boy...whatever. There will always be deviants, we just don't need them "normalized". I haven't told you all what I did in my bedroom last night and won't tell you tomorrow, they shouldn't either.

I could go on but you see where I come from...its how I roll:)

Pro life, keep your wick dry and legs closed, both male and female are responsible, not a clinic.

I disagree. What are you doing for all the starving, homeless, parentless children who are already in the system, and nobody wants? Out of the millions upon millions of starving, homeless, parentless children, how many have you taken into your home? How many children have you saved from the misery of being passed from foster home to foster home? How many children have you rescued from millions of children stuck in the adoption system? Trust me, having an aunt who's worked in the foster and adoption systems for the last 30+ years, I KNOW that is no life of luxury. Most of these children live emotionally devistatded lives. Many of them will never get over it. Not even as adults.

I always hear people who want to force their personal (mainly religious) beliefs on me when it comes to abortion, yet they do nothing to help the already overwhelming number of abandoned and suffering children. In my opinion, most of those children would have been much better off being aborted in the first place. They wouldn't be forced to face years of a miserable existence of nobody wanting them. If the government is going to take such control of our personal lives, they should be forcing unfit parents to be spayed and neutered.

The life lines of welfare should be made available only after certification that the person cannot support themselves.

I agree. The welfare system is a complete joke. A majority of people on welfare are perfectly capable of working, and at least attempting to support themselves. It pisses me off knowing that I go to work every day, all the while, generation after generation after generation are living off my hard earned tax dollars. Many of them seem to be living much better than myself, simply by sitting on their dead a$$es. This group of people would also benefit from the process of spay and neutering. They should not be allowed to breed.

They should be warned that since they are on welfare they are not to raise a family until practical financial issues are taken care of (get married where the support network of a family takes place).

Although a wonderful idea, how exactly do you suggest the government control this? Mandatory birth control? Chastity belts? Again, it's a great idea in theory, but not realistically enforceable.

If on welfare, pay it back with community service. You don't need a degree or skill to clean your neigborhood. I could go on but I think you see my point. Personal responsibility is a social virture.

I agree 100%. If able, you should have to do something to pay back your debt to those of us who've supported you through your tough times.

If you choose to live alternative lifestyles, do so at home. I don't need to know your a mo, les, goat boy...whatever. There will always be deviants, we just don't need them "normalized".

Again, this tends to be the answer coming from someone who's looking to force their religious beliefs on the rest of us. Yes, I know that there are even non-believers who are totally against the homosexuals among us.

I haven't told you all what I did in my bedroom last night and won't tell you tomorrow, they shouldn't either.

This is simply an absurd comment. You act as if the homosexuals walk around telling everyone what kind of dirty sinful sexual acts they performed on each other the night before. That is complete BS. Maybe you need to stop thinking about the homosexual acts they may or may not be involved in, because I'm fairy sure they aren't coming to work waiting to share those stories in the breakroom.

I've not wasted my time distancing myself from homosexuals, and I've yet to hear one (live and in person) telling me or anyone else what they've done in the bedroom. I'm not saying it doesn't happen. I can't say the same thing for the straight people I've been in contact with. For you to act as if straight people don't chat about what type of sexual acts they've perfomed with their husbands, wives, boyfriends, or girlfriends is completely ridiculous. I've spent the last several years working mainly around men, and I've heard it much more than I care to remember. I've also heard my fair share of straight women talking about the very same subject matter.

Like you, I could go on forever, but I think you get the point as well.:)

Bubba, get a TV and it will become clear.

The homosexual movement is FORCED on us daily. We have to hear it over and over again on how they are repressed, we need to bring more awareness, we need to be more tolerant. The very name homosexual denotes whats going on. Explain it to your 10 year old when he asks what it is. Its not religous at all. I didn't mention religon. You don't know what religon, if any I am. I don't have to believe in a deity to know that stuff isn't normal. Human beings are designed physically to interact in one way, male to female. Its physical science not religon. I can't stop them from smoking dope, choking themselves, eating gumdrops or anything else but when they get on national TV, in the newspapers and at the courthouse making demands then it bothers me....its in my house then.

As far as the "millions" of children, back up that number with a stat from a reputable source. Worldwide, maybe. I would say in America there are probably hundreds of thousands of single parent or at least an adult in a home with children but that goes back to my original premise....you should be responsible when you decide to perform the act of creation...you just might do it! That is powerful stuff and we treat it like a can of corn...do it without regard to that human that will come of it. I for one have three children, all planned. I am now unable to have any more as I did not want to take on the planning logistically or financially to have an accident. I call that responsible. As far as the rest, well I do have some religon and I give what I can to support outreach movements like Lottie Moon and others the leaders of my church deem fit. My sister in law returned from China last fall with a baby that could have been left in the cold to die since she was female. When I was growing up we brought in and adopted my cousin whose parents were killed in an auto accident. Yeah, I care about kids.

The ones here now are under the umbrella of our systems, as inept as they are and they are at risk to be enemies of our nation as crimnals but what I am trying to do is show the root cause of the issue, uncaring, lazy adults that had nothing more in the planning of those children than to get it on then run.

I consider good conservative politics the kind that get to the bottom of these issues...making people responsible for their actions. Simple statement but far reaching.

I have to get a license to ride my motorcycle but before I was snipped I could have fathered a 1000 kids (see the NBA and NFL) with no more repurcussion than some woman would be making the statement "the father of my babies". I hate that term. How insane is it that our society allows that!?

Ah, I'm not disappointed. I hadn't read this topic in a couple of days but figured it would eventually turn into a pissing contest. Politics and religion topics always do.

I'm right - you're not! My opinion is better than yours! :)

Still haven't seen any data or proof on why anyone is a democrat.

Len, you support social and labor issues?? Care to name them.

I support anti-dem social issues. Pro life, keep your wick dry and legs closed, both male and female are responsible, not a clinic. The life lines of welfare should be made available only after certification that the person cannot support themselves. They should be warned that since they are on welfare they are not to raise a family until practical financial issues are taken care of (get married where the support network of a family takes place). If on welfare, pay it back with community service. You don't need a degree or skill to clean your neigborhood. I could go on but I think you see my point. Personal responsibility is a social virture.

Labor? Market will determine a price. Competition is good. People will pay for a good product competitively priced. Jobs moving away is a fact of any developed nation. You should not get paid 28 dollars an hour to hit a bolt once every 60 seconds with a powered nut driver, its not a good return on investment dollar. Unions are a thing of the past. Not needed with the plethora of lawyers ready to take up your cause.

Work hard, earn your money, keep learning, strive to make it better at work and home. Practice the religon of your choice. If you choose to live alternative lifestyles, do so at home. I don't need to know your a mo, les, goat boy...whatever. There will always be deviants, we just don't need them "normalized". I haven't told you all what I did in my bedroom last night and won't tell you tomorrow, they shouldn't either.

I could go on but you see where I come from...its how I roll:)

You know, you sound real conservative. Sorta like a rightwinger...

+1 on all of it. Abortion is an especially contentious issue. I go back and forth about it as public policy. A downside not often discussed is the idea that it fosters a "life is disposable" mentality in society.

Incidentally all of that would have been standard fare on a Democratic Party platform c.1950.

I don't think it must necessarily be illegal for a woman to have an abortion... but it should certainly be illegal for a medical doctor to perform a procedure which is 100% assisted homicide (even in the very few cases where it is for the health of the mother... which would be much like killing an unwilling person to harvest their organs so another person can live). It places one life above another... that's not the premise this country was founded on, not to even touch on 'morality'.

If the woman wants to kill her baby, let her do it herself. Take some responsibility and live with the risks/consequences.

That's all I'll participate in the matter.

Guest Hyaloid

I am torn on the abortion issue as well. I think that there are legitimate reasons to not have abortions made illegal. Rape and incest are the first two that come to mind.

That being said, it should never be used as a form of birth control, and I do feel that there should be some sort of restriction on the timing of it, though that is obviously up for debate as well...

As for the whole, "you cannot tell me what to do with my body" argument that many pro-choice folks argue, that is a poor argument. The .gov tells us what we can and cannot 'do with our bodies' every single day. It's more of a question where we allow them to draw that line, than it is of whether or not they CAN tell you what to do with your body.

There is no easy answer, for me anyhow.

Ah, I'm not disappointed. I hadn't read this topic in a couple of days but figured it would eventually turn into a pissing contest. Politics and religion topics always do.

I'm right - you're not! My opinion is better than yours! :(

I urinated loooong before I turned on the lap top. Besides, its not snowing so who knows who won?:cool:

Guest meadowmb

I am voteing DEM so when i get captured they will just chop off my head instead of sending me to GITMO so i get 3 square meals and a lawyer

I'm right - you're not! My opinion is better than yours! :(

That's what makes this place so wonderful. Even if I disagree, I still enjoy hearing/reading the points of view from others.

Like Rightwinger, I too tinkled before I logged on. Nothing wrong with a healthy disagreement. No hard feeling on my end.

Heck yeah, I could care less about your politics but you live in stinking H'ville ! Can't forgive that man...:(

Former Gallatin High School grad. Hendersonville and Gallatin were huge rivals in the 70's and 80's before the TSAAA revised the districts.

LOL. I'm gonna have to take your word for it. I'm one of them there Damn Yankee's. I was born and raised in the suburbs of Chicago until about 13 years ago. That's when I moved to the wonderful state of Tennessee, and never looked back.

you're only a damned yankee if you do something stupid..otherwise, you're a smart feller that did the only logical thing possible.

coming from Chicago, I'd have to say you're the latter :)

besides, that war is long done..we're all just folks now...(to quote from the movie "serenity")

you're only a damned yankee if you do something stupid..otherwise, you're a smart feller that did the only logical thing possible.

coming from Chicago, I'd have to say you're the latter :)

besides, that war is long done..we're all just folks now...(to quote from the movie "serenity")

OH! For some reason, I was under the impression that someone who moved from the north to the south and never went back was a Damn Yankee. I feel better now.

The two party system sucks, and needs a complete makeover. In fact, the entire inner-workings of the government needs a complete makeover. It's become little more than the blind leading the blind. We follow them like a bunch of beaten puppy dogs.

True feelings, beliefs and ideas have taken a backseat to greed and corruption in our government, and we sit back and let it continue. As I stated earlier, the lobbyists run this country. Our polotician are bought and paid for by big corporations and extremely wealthy special interest groups. They employ these slimeball lobbyists to bribe our politicians into seeing things their way. And God knows, these slimeball lobbyists have no honor to anyone except to the highest bidder. These maggots will sell their souls to the Devil. The Devil who's willing to dish out the most cash.

The whole process is beyond frustrating to me, and it's hard for me to understand why we put with it.

You are right! This party system is trash! Partisan politics is killing us. Do away with it and make everyone Independants. The pressure that the parties put on their members to follow party lines are ridiculous. It doesn't matter if a particular adgenda is good or bad, elected officials are expected to follow the party regardless.

I would let anyone who wanted to be Prez run as long as they met the current requirements. If there are 50 then that is fine. All states then have a primary on the same day. Top 4 then go at it for 2 months. Then another primary after 2 months cutting down to the top 2. Then the Nov. General election that gives us our President! As long as our current primary process is now there would be plenty of time for this.

I consider myself am Independent but I find myself voting Republican more often than not, especially in national elections. I am VERY dissappointed in the American people this year. There is no way that these current candidates are the best that America has! Give me a break! They both make me sick but I have to choose and I will vote!

I hope that the American people will do their homework and make an informed decision on who they will vote for. I hope that people will not vote for Obama ONLY because they hate W but because they really believe that he is the absolute BEST person for the job. Don't vote for McCain because your family has been Republicans for generations. Vote for him because you think that he is the best man for the job.

At least vote for the lesser of two evils. I don't believe that either is the BEST man for the job but one of them will be our next President.

My mother worked for over 40 years in factories and packing houses. She got sick and couldnt work any more. She worked for Oscar Meyer for twenty something of those years. When the plan shut down she only recieved partial retirement. She draws a grand total of 200 a month. Social security gives her around 1200 dollars a month. Her meds are 750 to 800 a month, until she hits the"donut hole" at which point she pays 1500 to 2000 for meds. Never has the GOP done anything to help these Americans out. My sister is a proffesser at a state school she has to work as an adjunct and gets no benefits. She aint mexican so no Tn. care. She was diagnosed with M.S. and is on a walker. The only way she can get social security and insurance is to quit work and give up her home. She doesnt want to quit working but desparately needs insurance. I help whenever I can with both, but I have a family to raise and feed. A f**king mexican gets across and get it all. The GOP will never recognise there are americans who arent deadbeats that need help.

Guest GUTTERbOY

It's not that I don't understand that there are people out there genuinely in need. I'm quite aware of that. However, I have trouble convincing myself that the citizenry should be forced to be benevolent.

Clip,

I know I'm probably going to start a crap storm here. I do not mean anything personal against your mom. We all have one and they are the special woman in our lifes unless we have wifes and then we just have two!

Why do you think the government is supposed to take care of your mother? Understood that she worked for a company for 20 years but a company pays their employees weekly. Benefits are just that, benefits, not rights. What did she do to set aside funds to take care of herself later in life? What is her extended family doing to aid her. What did your father do? To me, thats who this type of stuff all falls to, the person and their family. That's why its called personal responsibility. There is no way the government can take care of the population, cradle to grave, as is expected now. There just is not enough money in the system and not enough paying in to support those receiving benefits to do this.

Folks, you need to establish how you want to live after your unable to work. Purchase the insurance neccessary to take care of your family should you die early or unexpectedly. That way you took care of it and don't have to wait on a bloated bureaucracy with all the red tape to do so. Start saving so you won't have to depend on the gubment.

Again, no malice to anyone experiencing the difficulties of living on a fixed income. I just hope that we regain a sense of taking care of our own family first in a smart financial way in the future.

rightwinger, dad took off and spent his life in a prison. I dont know or want to know him. My mom made good money for a woman in the seventies, but not enough to support a family and set aside a rainy day fund. She also paid into a system set up to take care of unfortunate AMERICANS. The federal government spends more abroad than at home. If we can spend trillions to rebuild Iraq why cant we take care of our own. Every mexican that gets across gets food stamps and medical help. following your logic why the hell should my tax dollars be spent taking care of some foriegn third world person. It should be up to the Somali, ethiopian, kurd, bosnian, iraqi, haitian, burmeese, indian, paki, palestinian, etc. to take care of their own. Yet our government gladly steps into that roll. I see your point but most repubs are totally cluless about coming up hard and the real world.

We are basically along the same line of thought then. I think the border should be sealed and all illegals deported or detained until willing to perform the actions neccessary to become a citizen. They should not be given any citizen benefits whatsoever!

Bottom line is the government should provide defense of the nation, major infrastructure funding (interstates) and review of challenges to laws on a nation level (SCOTUS). Thats pretty much it. States should make the rest of the decisions more to the level of the citizen.