Waldens Range

Anybody shoot at Waldens? Price is going up to $10 a day at the first of the year due to ignorant people leaving trash everywhere and bringing stupid crap for targets and leaving it there. Also have heard someone shot a deer there once, and someone brought a tiller to shoot up and left it there. But he is expanding on the pistol side, it maybe set up like a combat range but hasnt decided yet

i have shot there several times. will still be a good deal at ten a day. have noticed that people dont take their targets down when they leave. just another example of people taking advantage of a good thing. last time i was there had to sign in. never had to do that before. drive from hermitage to shoot there cant afford much more of a price increase

I shoot there. Maybe with the price increase there will be expansion on the rifle side. I've had to leave because I couldn't get a rifle spot.

I'm guilty of not taking my targets down, because I use some quality bulls eye targets and other people that don't have targets seem to shoot whatever is up. But I hate to call for a cold line just to walk 300 yards down and back (I don't get in a big hurry :)) to take down a target. But I'll sure do it if its causing a problem.

But carrying junk onto the range is not cool.
I shoot there. Maybe with the price increase there will be expansion on the rifle side. I've had to leave because I couldn't get a rifle spot.

I'm guilty of not taking my targets down, because I use some quality bulls eye targets and other people that don't have targets seem to shoot whatever is up. But I hate to call for a cold line just to walk 300 yards down and back (I don't get in a big hurry :)) to take down a target. But I'll sure do it if its causing a problem.

But carrying junk onto the range is not cool.

How long has it been since you have been there? You know he expanded the rifle side some already. There is the covered area to shoot from and to the right of that another 20ft or so concrete slab to shoot from. But, you're right, I have still seen it packed at times.

Edited by Superman
Guest drv2fst
I agree $10 is still a good deal. I've left bowling pins there because there was a guy with a Barrett .50 that started shooting them when I was done. I should have taken them I guess. I won't bring anymore out there. I've shot orange clays there too. He is ok with that and now sells them in his store. But sadly orange clays are just too big to be fun at 300 meters.

Yes it went up to $10. The straw that broke the camels back (which makes you write your DL) was, guys were shooting at large rocks.

For the most part, people there are pretty safe. The walk down past 300 is not too bad in the dry months. When it's wet, it's a PITA.

It's the only range I have found around here, however, that lets you shoot Tannerite.

We've been out there a few times.  It really is a good price, even with the increase.  Just make sure your car/truck has a little bit of clearance, especially if it's wet out there.  It's just a long drive for us (near Columbia) so we don't get over there as often as I would like.

Just make sure your car/truck has a little bit of clearance, especially if it's wet out there. 

I hope they fix that, I could go more often. I have to take my wife’s Suburban; my Charger won’t go in there.

I also think we should all take up a collection and buy a 4 wheeler to leave out there so we don’t have to spend so much time walking 330 yards and back to change targets. biggrin.gif

Johnny pointed me to this range. :up:

I like it mainly because it is close to the Boro and goes out to 330 yards. But add the fact that he allows shooting API & 50 BMG rifles, and it has become my go-to range for 90% of my shooting.

Johnny pointed me to this range. :up:

I like it mainly because it is close to the Boro and goes out to 330 yards. But add the fact that he allows shooting API & 50 BMG rifles, and it has become my go-to range for 90% of my shooting.

Same here on 90%. You need to bring your own target stand if you plan on shooting 330Y.

[quote name="Tempest455" post="877382" timestamp="1357495796"]Same here on 90%. You need to bring your own target stand if you plan on shooting 330Y.[/quote] Heck, I like "dinging" the tanks at the 330 mark. Nothing more fun for me than firing, waiting a second, and then hearing the hit on those tanks all the way out there!