NRA lifetime membership

I just upgraded my membership after 40+ years of annual subscription. I was not able to make the link accept my correct account number and had to do it by phone.

The rep at the membership number would only talk about the $600 rate, when I insisted the rep  transferred me to customer service where it was handled with no problem.  This rep  stated the offer was good until Feb 28.

I'm not sure. It took 6 days for my status to update to life member.....I'm hoping its because they are swamped with upgrades! If the requests are pouring in, I'd say they'll extend it again.

I got the system email confirmation of purchase back right away, so not worried.  I got a lifetime to wait on the papers and the status. 

If you're a life member already and maybe have been for a while ,you can upgrade to an Endowment member for $250 as well.  I just did that recently.  I suspect it may be under the same timeframe as the life membership offer.

Edited by Hozzie

I got the system email confirmation of purchase back right away, so not worried. I got a lifetime to wait on the papers and the status.

Yep..your good. I wasn't worried either, but i had heard of some peoples status updates being really quick. Like just an hour our so. I just hope they use the money wisely.

I did it!

Dear ttocswob,

Thank you for renewing your NRA Membership.  We appreciate your common interest in
protecting and preserving our Second Amendment rights and promoting safe,
responsible gun ownership.

Your credit card will be billed for $300.00* for a Life
Membership in the National Rifle Association with "American Rifleman"
as your magazine choice.

If you have any questions regarding your order, please
email us at membership@nrahq.org.  Or you may call our Toll Free Membership
Account Information Hotline at 1-877-NRA-2000.

Thanks again for your loyal support!

NRA Membership Services

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sounds like the jig may be up then... back to $1000 for now. They'll probably do it again toward the end of the year or beginning of next year though.

...or the next time they need a large influx of money.

This is great in the short term for the NRA but long term, after those $35 annual renewals stop coming in they may have to have another sale.