Hello from Clarksville (formerly from NC)

Guest halutz

Hi this is Hal, just recently moved to clarksville from fort bragg nc, i have a NC CHP and waiting on my TN CHP. I am an active member of NCGO Forum, and decided to join here to find the latest and greatest around TN.

I currently reside off Exit 1 from I-24, and looking for the nearest pistol and rifle range?

Take care, btw I'm heading to Montgomery County Shooting Complex today

Hal

Hal

This is the best one in the area.  Very nice range.  It can get a little crowded though, and sucks that it is only open on the weekend.  The skeet/trap ranges are awesome and a great way to spend an afternoon.  Other than that, there is a free range in Land Between the Lakes, which is a 45 min drive, but is open all week.  Great for flat range work during the weekdays.

• Like 1
I understand that it can get crowded, its the only one near town. Now if someone will invest on building an indoor range near ft campbell and clarksville it will surely be a hit among people around the area.
[quote name="halutz" post="872281" timestamp="1356895198"]I understand that it can get crowded, its the only one near town. Now if someone will invest on building an indoor range near ft campbell and clarksville it will surely be a hit among people around the area.[/quote] There is a small indoor range at Exit 35. Pistol only and 6-8 lanes. Not exactly state of the art, but the cost is cheap.
There is a small indoor range at Exit 35. Pistol only and 6-8 lanes. Not exactly state of the art, but the cost is cheap.

yup it showed up while i was searching online for shooting range, still pretty far from post and my place.

btw to complete my intro,

I am soldier recently assigned to Fort Campbell.

I love target shooting and explosive targets, long range is my favorite but i will need to find a spotter for my regular buddy already ets out of the army and when back home to michigan. 

well among my babies are my lever action, ar, 10/22, 2 bolt actions, 1911, glock, xdm, p22, 1 wheel gun, and a shoty.

on different topic, do you guys do meet, greet and shoot picnic gatherings? if yes how many times a year? and where?

[quote name="halutz" post="872437" timestamp="1356908717"]yup it showed up while i was searching online for shooting range, still pretty far from post and my place.   [/quote] If you live at Exit 1 it isn't any further of a drive than MCSC, since the range is directly off the interstate and 70mph speed limit the whole way. MCSC isn't exactly a straight shot. I go to both, but find the indoor one at 35 more convenient to get in and out of quick, since you don't have to wait for the range to go cold to reset your targets.
Welcome. I live off exit 1 as well so if you ever need anything drop me a PM. I frequent Gold Pond at LBL but steer clear of it on weekends unless I get there early (7 or 8). The drive from exit 1 to the range (Academy of Self Protection) off exit 35 in Joelton is about 30 minutes doing the speed limit and 25 driving with traffic. TN Gun Country located on 41A (Road gate 4 is on) is building an indoor range sometime in 2013.
[quote name="FIST" post="873835" timestamp="1357020180"] TN Gun Country located on 41A (Road gate 4 is on) is building an indoor range sometime in 2013.[/quote] I did not know this. Where they planning to put it at?
[quote name="TMF" post="873889" timestamp="1357030153"]I did not know this. Where they planning to put it at?[/quote] A little further down 41A in the area where the "Deals" store was. The loan is approved and Dave said they hope to break ground in Feb/Mar time frame. Said the contractor expected construction to be relatively quick but I don't remember how long, maybe 6-8 weeks I believe.
It's not in the Deals building but I believe across the street. They wouldn't be able to build the range if they purchased the deals becuase of how close it is to residential zoned property.
  • 2 weeks later...
Also at exit 1. We mostly go to golden pond range out at LBL. It's pretty close to the same drive as MCSC from here. And we can shoot steel. I would recommend trying to either get out there during the week, or early on the weekends. It's also not usually too bad Sunday evenings. I'm really looking forward to that indoor range being built. I'm curious if anyone knows anything about Clarksville Indoor Range & Threat Reduction Academy ? http://www.clarksvillerange.com/
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest nyndy8altyse

Welcome. I live off exit 1 as well so if you ever need anything drop me a PM. I frequent Gold Pond at LBL but steer clear of it on weekends unless I get there early (7 or 8). The drive from exit 1 to the range (Academy of Self Protection) off exit 35 in Joelton is about 30 minutes doing the speed limit and 25 driving with traffic. TN Gun Country located on 41A (Road gate 4 is on) is building an indoor range sometime in 2013.

that would be kick ass

• 2 weeks later...

Hi this is Hal, just recently moved to clarksville from fort bragg nc, i have a NC CHP and waiting on my TN CHP. I am an active member of NCGO Forum, and decided to join here to find the latest and greatest around TN.

I currently reside off Exit 1 from I-24, and looking for the nearest pistol and rifle range?

Hal

Great place to throw a couple hundred dollars down range! :usa: