Dogs rule!

ArmyBrat61

I always loved AB~s.. we had a male his name was Boo..... he was one in a million. he wasnt to smart but was such a good dog.I had him cremated and still have his ashes..Gawd, I loved that dog...

When my AB wants a treat, she'll come to me and whine, sit, lay down, rollover, offer a shake, and every other trick we've asked her to do. I think that's pretty smart to be proactive like that.

I'd be a mess without her.

Thank you. He's definitely going to be an inside dog. We've done our research and I have about 3 acres fenced in, so there will be plenty of exercise and rabbit/squirrel chasing going on. That is one of the reasons we are getting a Weim. We feel we can provide a perfect place and opportunity for it and my wife is home, so they can keep each other occupied. We are looking forward to picking the little guy up in March.

Wow! I bet he'll be in hog heaven. Just watch out. They say the only thing better than one Weim is two Weims. Some say that Weims have a special understanding of other Weims and even become partners in crime. I've heard stories of two Weims working together to steal a turkey out of the oven, WHILE ROASTING! I've even heard that the top of your fridge isn't always safe. Thank goodness I haven't had to test that out yet!

Edited by gnmwilliams
  • 1 month later...

Update: Drove about 14 hrs round trip last night/today to go pick the little booger up. He did great for such a long ride. He was a bit rowdy and whiny tonight, but that is to be expected. 

Seriously glad to have him at home and not just a picture every few weeks. My wife couldn't make the trip, so she's accused me of already making him "Daddy's boy". He won't leave my side tonight. Can't wait to watch him grow. I'm a tad bit biased, but he's a handsome little feller, don't ya think? 

IMG_20130307_091302_zpscaf1939f.jpg

IMG_20130307_094808_zps4b4890c7.jpg

IMG_20130307_121202_zps87e7610d.jpg

Congrats! Great lookin pup. Get ready to have a fun, mischievous, loving, scary smart and steadfast companion for a long time. And remember, keep that bathroom door closed unless you want a second bath! :) Edited by gnmwilliams

Thanks to everybody that is sharing their pictures. All great looking dogs. Here is a few more pictures of Jax then I'll leave everyone alone. He's been a blast. My wife and I are doing a blog to keep track of him growing, so I'll have a million pictures. I'll try to spare you all of them and pop in every once in a while with one.

I'd really like to see some more from you folks. I enjoy these pictures and seeing what everyone's pets are like.

Working on our camouflage skills

Couch_zps751cd1ae.jpg

Bird Dog

DSC_0110_zps2978438b.jpg

First time with a ball

DSC_0115_zps2daf5d8e.jpg

"I look cute, but I'm about to go drop a deuce right beside the pad you put down for me. Might want to add some more Bounty paper towels and wipes to the shopping list."

DSC_0130_zpsfb845b13.jpg

• Like 1

Awesome lookin pup! We worked on the bell routine when he had to potty and it seemed like ours caught on pretty quick. Just put one of those annoying little desk bells on the floor by the door and tap it with your foot and say "outside" any time the door is opened, even if someone's coming in and they'll pick it up quick.

Edited by gnmwilliams

Thanks for the tips. Anything is appreciated. He's doing pretty good for only being just over 6 weeks and only here for 3 days now. If he doesn't hit the pad, he's usually in the right area. I've got several spread out around. Open floor plan makes it hard to keep everything together. He loves his crate so far and doesn't really whine at all. I think it helped that his first experience being away from the other puppies and momma was a 7 hour road trip in it. (He also likes Hank Jr., Merle Haggard, and Shotgun Willie)

we did the same thing and it worked great.  but we hung it from the door knob. I wanna sqeeeze Jax! IMO crate training is a must.

Awesome lookin pup! We worked on the bell routine when he had to potty and it seemed like ours caught on pretty quick. Just put one of those annoying little desk bells on the floor by the door and tap it with your foot and say "outside" any time the door is opened, even if someone's coming in and they'll pick it up quick.

Thanks guys. I'll definitely pick one up. Keep posting pictures. Looking back at Jasper pics you posted, it's crazy how fast they grow. Vet said jax will probably be a pretty big boy. 7.4 lbs and counting.

I've got 2.  Boxer (Rori) is almost 2 and Black dog mix (Rambo) we rescued almost a year ago and think he is close to 3. They are good dogs when fed and exercised.

Rori the boxer

DD0065A4-63CD-4E79-B8F6-8567579AD909-895

Rambo-we think he is border collie and golden mix.

306E4790-E08A-4260-B836-2D176E4C50C7-895

Sometime they wrestle, and we catch them.

39F14ED9-A355-4B1F-B4E4-E8B4C42944FE-895

But usually they are pretty sweet.

5BEFBBF2-22A4-4E4A-A8BF-AA54755329C9-895

• Like 1

Gotta love a  boxer  ..We where in for a shock with ours..They do not deal well with being ignored..And you cant wear em out  Ours is 3 and still runs like a banshee .He gets  into stuff..loves to eat anything that is not glued down.He also is not superkeen on men .but wags his stump for a girl anyday.

I will not own another one after this one departs..I love him dearly and would not trade him for a mill dollars but jebus..he wears me out.

We had had Pitbull Terriers and American Bulldogs mostly..and still have asmall rednose female...

I think after these 2 goobers are gone we will adopt a herd of small older chi`s or small mixes out of the pound..I wont go to a breeder anymore.

The Weimaraner puppy is adorable...when they get their coat color and their eyes..Really beautyful dogs

I like boxers a lot. They are very pretty. Never really been around them though. Seem like really good dogs.

We've had ours since she was 8wks old...I never thought I would get a boxer until I spent a summer abroad.  The person I was with ended up dog sitting for a family that had a boxer.  She stayed with us for 6 weeks, and I fell in love.  They are high energy and need lots of exercise and things to chew on, but when they get sleepy or tired they are the best to cuddle with.  They are an unbelievably sweet dogs and love being around people.

I have 2 pitbull terriers and a boston terrier and a mini dacshund. They are all great dogs and just remember....All a dog wants from you is to be loved!!!!!

I am at work right now so I can't post pics.

I have 2 pitbull terriers and a boston terrier and a mini dacshund. They are all great dogs and just remember....All a dog wants from you is to be loved!!!!!

I am at work right now so I can't post pics.

Post some when you get home if you can. I'd like to see them.