ship ammo to Chicago ?

Keyless

I sold some ammo on Gun Brokers and need to ship it to Chicago . This is just proof as to how well a gun and ammo ban works.

From what I understand I am going to have to ship it to a FFL holder or get a copy of his FOID card. I had to look that up and it is a Firearm Owner I. D . card. And how many murders were commited there last year ? Answer  532      We are not talking about handgun ammo but 6.5 mm Japanese . I saw the Chicago address and thought it would be best if I looked at places like Centerfire to make sure I didn't break some stupid law I didn't know about.

I am waiting to hear back from the buyer now . 

Does anyone know the exact laws for there ?

I lived in Chicago for 40 years, has to come from a FFL/private individual who will take your FOID or the person has to ship it to a FFL in Chicago.

The law itself reads:

(430 ILCS 65/3) (from Ch. 38, par. 83‑3)
Sec. 3.
(b‑5) Any resident may purchase ammunition from a person outside of Illinois. Any resident purchasing ammunition outside the State of Illinois must provide the seller with a copy of his or her valid Firearm Owner's Identification Card and either his or her Illinois driver's license or Illinois State Identification Card prior to the shipment of the ammunition. The ammunition may be shipped only to an address on either of those 2 documents.

That was written in 2008, I dont think it has changed since then but I'd look into it a little more before sending it out.  The city of Chicago itself may be different as well..

Edited by KJ48

You have to comply with the laws in your state. He has to comply with laws in his state, doesn't he? You're not supposed to

know every state's laws. Did he instruct you to do this? If he did, comply. What does F-Troop have to say about it? Maybe

I'm wrong, but you are just putting it in the mail. It's up to him to comply with his state's laws. I think it's his problem, not yours.

You have to comply with the laws in your state. He has to comply with laws in his state, doesn't he? You're not supposed to

know every state's laws. Did he instruct you to do this? If he did, comply. What does F-Troop have to say about it? Maybe

I'm wrong, but you are just putting it in the mail. It's up to him to comply with his state's laws. I think it's his problem, not yours.

Does TN have extradition agreement with Illinois?

- OS

No greed here . Lost money on these but got tired of them sitting around . He is emailing a copy of his FIOD and from what I am reading that should be enough . I will also get the DL . I can not believe what people would put up with and stay there .  i figure I will print it and put it up so it will be lost if I ever need it.  The more I try and get organized the worse it is when I look for it.

Does TN have extradition agreement with Illinois?

- OS

I don't know, but I don't care, either. I doubt their law effects us unless we are on their soil. That would be a different story altogether.

Since he emailed his whatever(FOID?), I'd send it where it's supposed to go, based on the buyer's instructions, though, not on their

law.

• Administrator

I don't know, but I don't care, either. I doubt their law effects us unless we are on their soil. That would be a different story altogether.

Since he emailed his whatever(FOID?), I'd send it where it's supposed to go, based on the buyer's instructions, though, not on their

law.

Not knowing and not caring and then doing are how good people end up in jail for stupid crap.  I would not recommend that course of action.

I agree with that, but it is up to the buyer to comply. That's all I meant. Difficult for someone in another state to do that

without the buyer's instruction, which is evidently what he did.

Oh Shoot ,

it is Easy , have you ever seen an AR in 6.5 Jap ? It was less than 2 full boxes of 20 and I had tried to sell it a half a dozen times for what my son gave for it.( He bought the wrong stuff ) The shipping is the deal killer. It has to go UPS and then you add another 15.00 on top of the one dollar a shot for the ever so popular Japanese Arisaka in 6.5 and they are beating your door down to buy it.

Now if it had been the high powered 223 then we could have made some big bucks. :pleased:

Oh Shoot ,

it is Easy , have you ever seen an AR in 6.5 Jap ? It was less than 2 full boxes of 20 and I had tried to sell it a half a dozen times for what my son gave for it.( He bought the wrong stuff ) The shipping is the deal killer. It has to go UPS and then you add another 15.00 on top of the one dollar a shot for the ever so popular Japanese Arisaka in 6.5 and they are beating your door down to buy it.

Now if it had been the high powered 223 then we could have made some big bucks. :pleased:

For $40 or less I would have tossed it rather than do the hassle of shipping ammo anywhere, and I don't generally sneeze at 40 clams either.

But your point is well taken, and I apologize for the undue snide remark.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Sam 1

I am not sure we want anyone who would even stay in a place like Chicago . Even without the gun laws who could live in a place like that , High crime , home of the dead that vote , A big killer for me is Cold Weather ,and so on . Of coarse I don't think I could ever live in the city again , no matter where . And a big city , NEVER !!

The problem with the 6.5 Jap is that it is hard to find ammo that FITS properly . It seems the chambers are on the large side and the brass being made now are on the small side.

This ammo was bought for a 7.7 Arisaka but I was able to stop them before they shot it in the 6.5 . I did buy a  6.5 and fired a few rounds but the case swells and the primer backs out . At first I thought it was a head space issue , but after doing research , it seems to be a common complaint with the type 38 Arisaka. I ended up making brass from 30 40 Krag brass ( long story ) but it is fine now .