Knoxville gunshow

I appreciate it but the hills at my place are the problem. I've got my neighbor's 4x4 currently freshly engraved in a large oak in my yard. I'll be there as soon as I can get out, hopefully by opening time. Want to try and grab some coffee or some lunch? Maybe Mac and the crowd are free too...

I'm changing. Gonna arrive a little later to maybe catch up with Raoul. Probably get there at 9:45ish

It's a two day show.  They usually only do passes at the three day events.  Get stamped Saturday, go back Sunday and ask them to freshen up the stamp.  It's always worked for me, and others I know.  There should be enough of the previous day's stamp for them to see it unless you wash your hands 18 times a day.

Didn't think about the three day thing, thanks. That stamp takes 2-3 days to wear off.

I missed ya, John said he saw ya, but I was trying to haggle a deal for a pump rifle.

I got a notice the TGO stickers shipped. I'll holler when they get here. I have way more than I need

Yeah, sorry our paths didn't cross. I made one pass through, laughed at the people trying to sell $60 Promags and $40 used GI mags, bought some supplies from David and left.

So did you get the pump rifle?

Guest Engloid
I'm hoping to get a decent AR at a decent price. What are they looking like? I went last day of last show and they were scarce and expensive. Saw a guy walking around with one, bipod, quad rail, YHM lower...should have got his number and bought his. If anybody knows him, send him my way.

I'm hoping to get a decent AR at a decent price. ...

Cue the laugh track.

'Fraid you'll have to find the one rube in the state who hasn't heard any news since before the election.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Yeah, sorry our paths didn't cross. I made one pass through, laughed at the people trying to sell $60 Promags and $40 used GI mags, bought some supplies from David and left.

So did you get the pump rifle?

No I had a pump 760 30-06 I was considering trading for a 7600 in 270, but decided I was better of keeping mine.  Especially when the trader has his way overpriced and wont budge.  

I made it down this morning. It was very good to catch up with Garufa and Lumber_Jack.

As usual David delivered the goods at an exemplary price.

I also had the pleasure of bringing my good friend to meet David. It was fun to listen to the armored cavalry and the aviation corps swap a few choice stories.

Thank you David for your service.

I came, bought from David (he was too busy to talk), and like others said, I laughed alot, $50 used Glock mags, Really?  I was suprised to see so many people on outside just standing around, and 90% had ARs for sell.  The parking lot had people on the tailgates with ARs for sale.  I do believe the bubble will burst very soon, those December CC bills are starting to roll in.  The market is saturated now.  I did see a Sig M400 on Armslist for $1,000 a couple of days ago in Knoxville.   I know Walmart is getting theirs in slowly, and the pricing is pre Sandy, so my advice, just be patient and work the networking and be vigilant with classifieds.  Unless I am really bored and need laughs, I think I am going to cool my gun show trips, especially to the K-Town ones.  And I forgot my $2 discount, crap!

• Like 1

I got to the show around lunchtime. It was crowded, but it wasn't near as crowded as the last show there. I was surprised. I saw David and stocked up on reloading supplies. Spent a lot more than I had planned, but should have enough powder, brass, bullets and primers to keep me busy reloading for a while....hopefully until things start getting back to somewhat normal anyway.

Raoul, I think I might have been standing right next to you at David's table while you were talking to him. Were you there around 12:00-12:30? I think I heard David call you "Raoul."

Got to give a big "THANK YOU!!!" to David! He is a great guy and if anyone here isn't buying your reloading supplies from him, you should be!

is it even worth going on Sunday? I'm assuming there won't be any ARs available at decent prices?

You might be surprised. If somebody is there that is desperate for some cash you may do alright. From what I saw today there were a ton for sale and nobody was buying. Fixing to be a buyers market pretty quick for those who need to sell to keep the bill collectors away.

Edited by pcrc11
  • Like 1

I got to the show around lunchtime. It was crowded, but it wasn't near as crowded as the last show there. I was surprised. I saw David and stocked up on reloading supplies. Spent a lot more than I had planned, but should have enough powder, brass, bullets and primers to keep me busy reloading for a while....hopefully until things start getting back to somewhat normal anyway.

Raoul, I think I might have been standing right next to you at David's table while you were talking to him. Were you there around 12:00-12:30? I think I heard David call you "Raoul."

Got to give a big "THANK YOU!!!" to David! He is a great guy and if anyone here isn't buying your reloading supplies from him, you should be!

That was indeed me. Old guy, black hat ,

Guest MAWLJ45

You might be surprised. If somebody is there that is desperate for some cash you may do alright. From what I saw today there were a ton for sale and nobody was buying. Fixing to be a buyers market pretty quick for those who need to sell to keep the bill collectors away.

I am with you pcrc11. I was thinking about going down there to sell my AR so that I might retire, seeing that I am recently unemployed. I think that we may have reached the point of over saturation. One folks have realized they have spent $$ they don't have, two the wife is a bit pissed off and three why the hell did I buy this thing I can't afford to shoot it. 

What about inside the show any reasonable prices, other than Dave of course. Range bags or pistols. I was thinking about taking the 1911 down there for a trade opportunity??