Which CCW law bugs you?

Guest GLOCKGUY

Guest EasilyObsessed

1. Campus carry (I work in an academic medical center)

2. Park carry (I spent at least a third of my weekends hiking or backpacking)

3. Restaurant carry (I like to have people cook for me :D)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ProguninTN
here's one i really hate they make you go to a hand gun safty course to get your HCP :D

I hear you, "shall not be infringed". Although, I think instruction in the laws is a good thing. When I took my initial class, and my recert (I took combined HCP/Armed Security Classes), I all ready knew the majority of the laws from research on my own time. (A lot of people thought I was lawyer. :D) However, there were a number of people who had misconceptions about the laws. :D If you're going to carry a gun, take the time to research the laws.

Guest slothful1

While restaurant carry would impact me more frequently by far, I think the most egregious of those mentioned so far is schools. As far as restaurants, parks and even workplaces go, I can always choose to go somewhere else... but students (and instructors) don't really have that option.

Guest Grout
Any and all of them. I am a responsible adult member of society and should be able to carry any and all places for my and others protection.

I wish everyone who is responsible would carry.

Agreed,another sledge hammer blow.:2cents:

The ones that say I can't carry anywhere and everywhere.

amen brother. The one that gets me the most is the idea that it's safer to leave my pistol in the car than on my hip because the mexican joint sells beer

Having moved here from I<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:State>llinois</st1:State> I have to say that not too many of them bother me.

The people of <st1:State>Illinois</st1:State> are honest gun loving people that merely want to be able to protect themselves, just as in <st1:State>Tennessee</st1:State>. I pray that someday those people will be able to take the state back from the liberal Dems in <st1:City><ST1:pChicago</st1:City> that are running the show. I thank the legislators here every chance I get.

I guess one of the things that bothers me the most here is the attempt to pit gun owners against business owners.

Remove the civil liability that business owners have for your actions. Then if they ban you; you have a reason to be pissed.

Guest GLOCKGUY
<ST1:p

I guess one of the things that bothers me the most here is the attempt to pit gun owners against business owners.

Remove the civil liability that business owners have for your actions. Then if they ban you; you have a reason to be pissed.

i agree with you 100%

Oh...I didn't mean to make it gun owners vs business owners.

...and I totally agree, there should no be NO liabilty on the part of the property owner for my actions within his business.

Guest ProguninTN
Oh...I didn't mean to make it gun owners vs business owners.

...and I totally agree, there should no be NO liabilty on the part of the property owner for my actions within his business.

I can agree with that. I don't like postings, but I agree with "My property, my rules". OTOH, protect me or allow me the means to protect myself.

All of them bug me, I have been through more background checks for my business and the HCP and the only restriction I feel is halfway ok is the Federal building thing, except for the post office crap, the post office is not federal property, thew area where the employee's work is. But because of the dumba$$ way the law is interpeted I'll go to jail for carrying right inside the door to check my P.O. Box.:)

Federal building thing,

Someone educate me as to why it would be worse to carry in a Federal building than in an office building or a WalMart. I got to be missing something. No one really seems bothered by this one.

What they permit,they can take away.........

exactley

Guest grimel
Someone educate me as to why it would be worse to carry in a Federal building than in an office building or a WalMart. I got to be missing something. No one really seems bothered by this one.

Because people can't get over the idea that WE are supposed to be in control and the "public servants" are supposed to be our servants not us be their serfs.

Someone educate me as to why it would be worse to carry in a Federal building than in an office building or a WalMart.

Security.

By the very nature of their business many Federal Buildings require a secure facility. Many state and local buildings are the same. Office buildings and Wal-Marts are not generally secure facilities.