Best handgun for my inexperienced wife.

Guest Csjones30

I just bought my wife a S&W 19-3 357 magnum for her side of the bed and for carry in her car after she completes her carry class.  The DA trigger pull is very smooth and she has begun getting comfortable with it with light 38spl loads.  She could never get comfortable with my 12ga pump(my HD weapon of choice) or with my SigP220 45.  She says a revolver just seems more natural to her.  I'm not going to try to argue with her about it.

Edited by golfnfish
  • Like 1

I just bought my wife a S&W 19-3 357 magnum for her side of the bed and for carry in her car after she completes her carry class.  The DA trigger pull is very smooth and she has begun getting comfortable with it with light 38spl loads.  She could never get comfortable with my 12ga pump(my HD weapon of choice) or with my SigP220 45.  She says a revolver just seems more natural to her.  I'm not going to try to argue with her about it.

That counts more than anything with my wife too.

Guest RevScottie

I gotta disagree. The Judge sucks. It is like the worst aspects of a shotgun and a revolver combined. Get a Glock 19 and some training, and you will be far better off than with the Judge.

Neither of my daughters are able to conssitently shoot the Glocks due to a tendency to limp wrist them. Talked to a local HCP instructor who said it is a common problem for a lot of ladies in his classes. It can be corrected but a revolver might be a better choice.

Neither of my daughters are able to conssitently shoot the Glocks due to a tendency to limp wrist them. Talked to a local HCP instructor who said it is a common problem for a lot of ladies in his classes. It can be corrected but a revolver might be a better choice.

Yes.  My wife was the same, glock became a jam machine for her when she started trying to use it in 3 gun: moving rapidly from target to target she jammed it every time.  You can put some light springs in a glock to assist a shooter with this issue, up to a point. 

I actually like the judge with 45LC loads.  Its still not the "best" 45, but its not the most expensive either.  It was reasonably accurate and comfortable for me, and if I needed yet another revolver, it would be considered.

Edited by Jonnin
The judge interest me only because it's versatile to shoot 45LC or .410's. The availability of .410 shells has been pretty good during shortages, and so has 45LC at some times.
My FIL has a judge, overall not bad. There has been a few weak primer strikes and it is a really dirty gun. I have shot a lot of revolvers but the Judge throws more powder and bullet shavings out the sides than other revolvers.

s&w m10...64...something 4" with DAO hammer.  pull the trigger or let off half way.  no worries about cocked hammer, misfeed.  get one, easy to find & cheap.  good building block.  don't stick a 12+lb trigger pull midget revolver or block in her hand and expect her to like it

good luck

• 4 weeks later...
Guest LittleBear571
My mother and girlfriend don't like shooting guns with slides. They both prefer revolvers. I bought my mother a s&w air weight 38 revolver. She loves it but complains sometimes about the "kick". My girlfriend prefers shooting rifles and doesn't really like handguns much. But she does like my bodyguard 38.... I think she just likes playing with the laser lol