It's not just the Democrats(Feinstein bill)

If I'm reading this correctly it appears almost as many Republicans are supporting Feinstein's bill as Democrats.

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/113-s150/money

11 R's

9 D's

If the republicans help pass this they are dead to me. I'm curious to know what the die hard conservatives on here think? You guys blasted those who supported 3rd parted candidates but they are looking more and more appealing as time goes on.

Pretty nebulous.

They're naming the recipients of the most money from the "groups" that support the bill, but the groups are very generalized, not named by specific orgs.

Hell, some of them are the top grossers for just about any facet of the country you can imagine. That's known as being a successful politician, appealing to widest group possible by not taking a definitive stand over time on much of anything.

Perfect example. Rob Portman is in BOTH lists, so he's the most successful purveyor of double-speak in the whole bunch mentioned. :)

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Erik88, you are looking at the money trail at that site, not the sponsors of the bill, or who have voted for it.

I wouldn't read anything into it that isn't there. all that site is saying is that those people are ones who have

received money from certain organizations.

Edited by 6.8 AR
Guest Lester Weevils

I love the Hienlein quote. I don't know if he originated it but it did appear in Doublestar  and it has the ring of truth to it.

Yep, he had lots of great quotables and probably thought up a great number of them. Before RAH became an author he dabbled in california politics for awhile after his TB got him retired from the navy, and maybe that one was an "ancient saying" in politics rather than an original quotable? Dunno. There's no shame putting common folk wisdom in a novel, even if he didn't think that one up.

Maybe he put that saying in more than one story. I've read doublestar (and about everything else the old coot wrote) but think I noticed it in some other RAH work. Could be remembering wrong. He might have recycled lots of stuff in his "time enough for love" lazarus long book, and it also sounds like something that would comfortably fit in "Stranger in a Strange Land" or "The Man Who Sold the Moon".

I think if the sponsors of the bill and the White House thought they had the votes, they would be voting. We need to stay on our reps.

Gonna be a long haul, folks.

I believe we'll eventually see actual votes in the Senate and the House on some bill or two, but not until much later this  year at the earliest. Very possibly not even until the second year of this 113th confederacy of dunces.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Gonna be a long haul, folks.

I believe we'll eventually see actual votes in the Senate and the House on some bill or two, but not until much later this  year at the earliest. Very possibly not even until the second year of this 113th confederacy of dunces.

- OS

I agree. It would be just like them to let this bill "appear" to die in hopes of dwindling the pro-2A momentum while working behind the scenes to influence corporate/political opinions. Then, wham... they surprise us with a vote on their time frame. We must continue to bombard our reps with email/phone calls for some time. It's tiring, but these are serious times. I have saved the Ruger and NRA links at the top of my browser. I hit it at least once a day (usually 3). I hope there are a plethora of people across the USA that develop a routine for contacting their reps on this issue for the long haul.

Edited by Batman
  • Like 1

Erik88, you are looking at the money trail at that site, not the sponsors of the bill, or who have voted for it.

I wouldn't read anything into it that isn't there. all that site is saying is that those people are ones who have

received money from certain organizations.

Thanks for clarifying. We shall see what happens with this I suppose.

If I'm reading this correctly it appears almost as many Republicans are supporting Feinstein's bill as Democrats.

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/113-s150/money

11 R's

9 D's

If the republicans help pass this they are dead to me. I'm curious to know what the die hard conservatives on here think? You guys blasted those who supported 3rd parted candidates but they are looking more and more appealing as time goes on.

"Republicans" in NY are 100% responsible for the PASSAGE of their new gun law last month.

• Like 1