My Kimber Collection

Thought I'd share the collection of 1911's I have started. Top is a Custom Target II. The one on the left is an Eclipse Pro II and the one on the right is the Tactical Pro II. My next purchase will be either the compact CDP II or the Pro CDP II I havent decided as of yet. But this is a start for now. 

BTW, I installed the beveled magwell on my compact (Kimber makes them for that size grip) and I fit the 8 rd Wilson Combat mags in there just fine. The bumper barely sticks out, so it doesn't look unnatural or anything and it doesn't make it any less concealable.
  • 3 weeks later...

I would really like a cdp II - I think they are one of the best looking 1911's out there

I agree. I spent a year looking for the right 1911 and kept coming back to the CDP II. The lightweight frame is what sealed the deal for me in the end.

Always thought the Raptor Pistols were some of the best looking of the Kimber line; but the more I see of the Eclipse, the more attracted to it I become. :rock:

The Eclipse in my eyes is the best looking 1911 in Kimbers line of handguns. I like the look of the tactical pro but the frame had too much green in it for me so I stripped it down and had it recoated to match the slide. Now with the flat matte finish it looks a lot nicer than before. Night and Day difference in the appearance in my opinion. Edited by jphillips63

Always thought the Raptor Pistols were some of the best looking of the Kimber line; but the more I see of the Eclipse, the more attracted to it I become. :rock:

I always liked the Raptor, but right now I am really digging the Super Carry line.

My dream pistol this week is a Super Carry Ultra+.

Like my Pro Raptor myself, great shooter. Had it four years and the factory tritium sights have burned out and not good day time target sights for these aged eyes.

Ordered a set of Trijicon HD sights yesterday, green front & yellow rear with a 1-2 month back order. A week ago everyone had a few of these in stock but I wanted to check around and see if they were worth the $140.00. In one week they went from available and in-stock to a 1-2 month back order? This going down hill shortage is now including sights?

What sights do you guys use on your Kimbers for CCW and IDPA / competition shooting?

Kimbergrips_zps7434d17f.jpg

• Like 1