Need help picking a GUN!!!!!!

Goldsquare

I had the beretta px4 smallest frame model (it has at least 3 sizes).   While a small gun, it is extremely FAT and that makes it significantly more challenging to conceal.  It is an excellent gun, but I did sell mine off due to the width problem, after trying to make it work for about 6 months it just was not a fit for me.  Super reliable and built like a tank.  Might also watch the weight, depending on what you are looking for it may be on the heavy side.

Edited by Jonnin

You should let her rent a few different handguns and see what she likes. I have a Taurus 709. The safety is big and the trigger pull is maybe 6-7 pounds. It might work for her. The M&P Shield has a pretty tiny safety.  Regardless of what she chooses, she needs a holster that will protect the trigger and present the handgun at the proper angle in her purse. She can't just jam it in there under the breath mints, lipstick, and other stuff. I think she would also be happy with the Sig P238 in 380. It's smaller, lighter, and has a decent-sized definitive safety so you can easily tell by feel if the safety is on.

• Like 1

My girl is a 1911 girl, but her choice for carry is the M&P9c, but without the safety.  As mentioned above, there are literally hundreds of choices out there, and what she thinks she wants may not be what she ends up with.  $10 rentals are common and a VERY wise investment when it comes down to dropping several hundred dollars on something you can't trade in (for any reasonable amount) or return.

Mac

if she wants a safety due to purse carry i would question how does she plan to carry in the purse? does she want to just drop the gun in any purse. i would strongly suggest yall purchase a gun and concealed carry purse as a set. my wife carries a glock 19 in a gun toten momma purse with no problems. the concealed carry purse is to women what a good holster is to men. with a good purse you could go with a glock 26 with no problem. dont over look saftey and ease of access to the gun. good luck

GLOCK ROCKS

Edited by glock55
Guest mbwilley

There is a great discussion of various brands of the .380 on cheaperthandirt.com.  I just read it and am thinking about a .380 for myself.  I found it by googling .380.

I have a Taurus 709 and my son has a M&P Shield...both are small, 9mm, with a safety and I would recommend either one.  One more to consider, though no manual safety, is the Kahr CM9.  My wife has a S&W Bodyguard 380 which is quite "snappy" for her but she really likes shooting the CM9.

As others have already said...find a range with rentals and try out as many as possible.

Edited by WyldEyed1