Question for AK and AR owners.

rcrespo106

Two ammo cans full of aluminum mags. One with ss109s and one with vmax and m193 in the other. It's grab and go situational dependent. 4 6.8 mags for the LWRC. And 11 for the ak74. Pistols, two handguns with 5 mags each. That's it. One for me, one for the wife. Mp5 mags, maybe 6. Max. It's my house gun though, and it sleeps with me.

A full combat load at least, that's 300 rounds fyi.

I know nothing about combat, but magazines loaded with ammunition take up less space than empty ones with ammunition stored separately. Also makes for one less thing to do before you go out and shoot.

We carried 210 when I was over there, unless things changed. 6 loaded mags on the vest, one in the weapon. A lot more in the vehicle.

We carried 210 when I was over there, unless things changed. 6 loaded mags on the vest, one in the weapon. A lot more in the vehicle.

That was my combat load in the Marines as late as 2011. 6 + 1.

Sent from the backwoods of Nowhere

0..... No ammo.... I do keep all of my .45 mags full tho. 2 of the seven round, 6 of the eight rounds and 6 of the 15 rounds. Also keep my m5 shotgun loaded and ready. Only fired maybe 2 mags out of my dpms, and no money to buy ammo :(

That was my combat load in the Marines as late as 2011. 6 + 1.

Sent from the backwoods of Nowhere

Yeah, and it was surprising at how fast you could burn through it. Though, I was a medic, so I wasn't doing much shooting. Not sure how other units did it, but when I was in in 2004, everyone carried a rifle(except the SAW gunners), and since I was with an MP unit, we all had pistols too.