New Tack Driver

Fourtyfive

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have not gotten to shoot it yet , but I have plenty of ammo ! Just got and put together yesterday. I need to sell the railed scope mount that came with it , it was a little too much tacticool for me. Used a DIP mount.

:up:

Edited by Threeeighty
Thanks to Joe Bob's for the cool shades and scope , although I need to call them about a silver Mueller I got a month ago from them while waiting on a stainless version of the same gun with thumb hole stock that never came. Now I have a new in box scope and mounts with shade in silver and their return policy says 7 days..... Edited by Threeeighty

Hey, I have one of those as well! have the 93R17-TR though. Mines green. Running a Loopy MK2 3-9 on it. been a great shooter so far. owned it for a couple years, and really only used it a handful of times. But she's accurate to say the least, and has an amazing trigger. Stock is very comfortable to shoot with as well in almost all positions. Never tried it suppressed, but I cant see it being that good.... such a small bullet going so fast... ehh. But it does have a 1/2x20 under the comp, so it wouldn't be hard to put a .22 can on it or anything. Tac innovations sells the thread adapter for cheap to make it a 1/2x28. 

Great gun, you'll love it, thats for sure!

Hey, I have one of those as well! have the 93R17-TR though. Mines green. Running a Loopy MK2 3-9 on it. been a great shooter so far. owned it for a couple years, and really only used it a handful of times. But she's accurate to say the least, and has an amazing trigger. Stock is very comfortable to shoot with as well in almost all positions. Never tried it suppressed, but I cant see it being that good.... such a small bullet going so fast... ehh. But it does have a 1/2x20 under the comp, so it wouldn't be hard to put a .22 can on it or anything. Tac innovations sells the thread adapter for cheap to make it a 1/2x28. 

Great gun, you'll love it, thats for sure!

IMG_1321_zpsb4caa006.jpg

Mine came as  1/2 x 28 , no need for the adapter , yeah the sonic crack ain't gonna go away.....Like the green !

Edited by Threeeighty

Are you sure it is 1/2-20?

Everything I have read has been that it is 1/2-28.

Having a suppressor on a supersonic round is still pretty loud but it masks where the shot comes from. To the "target" the gunshot comes from the direction the bullet passes them and not from where the bullet came from. I didn't belive until I was shooting suppressed past some horses. They would normally run towards me when I shot but with the suppressor on they would run towards the bullet path.

Dolomite

Having a suppressor on a supersonic round is still pretty loud but it masks where the shot comes from. To the "target" the gunshot comes from the direction the bullet passes them and not from where the bullet came from. I didn't belive until I was shooting suppressed past some horses. They would normally run towards me when I shot but with the suppressor on they would run towards the bullet path.

Dolomite

I am assuming he had it threaded , that model does not come factory threaded.

It came like that. With the comp and everything. Brand new from cabelas. 100% sure it's a 1/2x20. And I was referencing the bullet being so small and going so fast I don't think it would suppress that well. At least nothing like a .22 which is still going only half the speed of the 17 HMR. If it was subsonic yeah I could see it being decent for sure. I just haven't heard great things about suppressing the 17 HMR.

And I've played with my fair share of suppressors at work, the army, and in the civilian world. I know what they sound like. :)

And maybe it isn't the TR model then. I'll be back in the US in just over 3 months. I'll check the box it came in and see the exact model. Heck I think it even came with the scope mount. I only had to put the scope on it when I got it home.

Have not gotten to shoot it yet , but I have plenty of ammo ! Just got and put together yesterday. I need to sell the railed scope mount that came with it , it was a little too much tacticool for me. Used a DIP mount.

:up:

Great choice, I have one in 22lr and took the cheese grater off too, but I kept it.  Replaced it with a 20 MOA EGW so I can reach out a little farther with my clicks.  I would love one in 17 but lately I've focused on things I can repload for.

Dolomite

All TRR-SR's should be 1/2-28. I have that same gun but in 22LR. Fun with a can!  :)