Daytona 500

Mike.357

Anyone else going to watch it?   I never miss it, even had a party one year for it when I forgot it fell on my wedding anniversary date, LOL.  

The warden is a trooper and did not flinch or smack me for it.  Even made a bunch of food to help out.

I would like to see Danica win but I don't particularly root for her.  I am picking Smoke to win but my heart will be riding around in Mark Martin's car.  If he wins I would probably start bawling.

I always get sort of homesick for Florida for this race.  If we still lived down there I would have been at the track this week for Thursday, Friday and Saturday's races,  We mostly never stuck around for the 500 except for '98 when Dale won it,

hoping for a safe race and MM in victory lane at the end.

• Like 2

After getting turned on to Moto GP a few years ago car racing is now only suitable for napping.

Depends on the car. Now if we start talking Rally? Oh yeah..... Nothing like a awd turbo car doing 90+ mph sideways through the trees
  • Like 1

Decent race. MM did well. Gotta like him, whether you root for him or not. Danica had a good day ran in the front pack

all day. Finished 8th.

Still rather have the restrictor plates in the garbage tho. Racing's not about slowing down. JMHO

• Like 1

I dunno Mike. Looked like Jr. kept dropping down to make a push for the front. Gordon was doing the same with her until he lost his spot.

Playing it safe got her in the top ten but I just think she could have done a little better there at the end.

I liked it when it was a race it on Sunday and sell it on Monday sport. When I was a little kid I loved watching big E drive the tires off that Monte Carlo and still win with the tires smoking. It was awesome. I watched all my life until they all went to the same frame. I hate restrictor plate racing too but put up with it. The frame was just the last straw for me. If it ever goes back to "stock car" racing..........I'll watch again. The winner of the D-500 should not be the race winner, but best drafter with enough buddies to help award.

$.02