pawn shops

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pawn shops in general are horrible on their prices. The only decent ones I have ever been to are in Clarksville and that is because they get so much inventory from the military personnel. As far as guns, I noticed even there they priced them high, but then would come down on it once they were in stock for a while.

The pawn shop heyday of the 90's is long gone. That's for sure.

There used to be 7 pawn shops in a 5 mile stretch of Nolensville rd. and they all sold guns. Now there are 3 and only 2 sell guns.

There are still 3 pawn shops on Charlotte out near White Bridge Rd. that sell guns.

Guest Verbal Kint
Find somewhere else to shop. If you're looking for rare firearms, try sites like GunBroker, GunsAmerica, etc.

+1

Estate sales and auctions are a good place to browse, as well, if you're looking for some rare pieces.

A couple of the managers of local shops i used to visit told me they have a few dealers they call and go FFL To FFL less hassle than four people who will not

pass TBI Call. Only thing out on floor is one they allowed way too much on.

The pawn shop heyday of the 90's is long gone. That's for sure.

There used to be 7 pawn shops in a 5 mile stretch of Nolensville rd. and they all sold guns. Now there are 3 and only 2 sell guns.

There are still 3 pawn shops on Charlotte out near White Bridge Rd. that sell guns.

I work out on Charlotte and go to 2 of those shops now and then. The last time I went each one had one handgun (one had a Taurus 1911 for around $550 and the other had a really beat up looking Taurus PT 92, forget the price). They had a few long guns and shotguns but nothing to write home about. Not really worth a trip out there.

I find deals quite often but you have to shop. I bought a nice Browning Abolt hunter right after hunting season a couple years back for $289. That was on Charlotte Pike. Last year I found a decent Glock 21 on Nolensville road for $399. Granted, it doesn't happen every day but I also negotiate. I found a SW 5" 27 for $350 but it was in so-so shape. Charlotte again. A lot of the private shops put everything on Gunbroker so they don't have to sell locally, especially the really nice stuff. Deals are where you find them so if you don't look it will make it easier on me. :popcorn:

Most pawn shops consult Guns america or Gunbroker to get pricing. In the past they would mark it up double what they loaned on the gun which would be about 50% of the guns worth.

Many of the collectable or higher value guns do not make it to the showroom they market them on GB.

The internet has halted the deals of the pawn shop.

The same could be said to a certain extent with gun shows too, everyone knows the value of an item.

I guess I'm not really looking for collectible items as much as I'm looking for things that are hard to get or are no longer made. For example maybe an M6 scout or if a decent price were to pop up on a 9mm KT sub 2000. Neither are really special but not exactly something youd see every day, possibly something someone just wanted to get rid of, or maybe an old S&W revolver might catch my eye.

Guest Major Pain

Hey, we look for the same reason. I was in the pawn shop in the next town and found a slick SS S$W 681 but hang tag seemed a little high.$450. It was a very nice pistol and you don't see them very often but if I was gonna get one I'd want a 686 with aduj. sights. But still its the chance of finding something special.--MP :woohoo: