Ultrasonic cleaner suggestions

Was considering a sharpertek  SH150 ,SH180 or Crest CP 200 or 500 or  ultrasonic cleaner for gun parts etc

anyone ever use or own these or similar?? Seems like a few folks werent happy w the hornady or franklin arsenal units so am avoiding those.My idea was to find a decent machine to clean parts and brass,any input appreciated!

Thx

I haven't used mine yet, but I bought the large one at Harbor Freight.  It is the same maker of the Lyman one which has decent reviews and it has excellent reviews at Harbor Freight.  I got it on sale, with an additional 20% off using the coupon in the American Rifleman magazine.  I think I ended up paying just over $60 for it.  I looked at all of them before purchasing that one.  Cost wasn't an issue, I just felt it was the overall best value for what I needed.   I am typically skeptical of most of the harbor freight stuff, but this was one that appears to be worth it.

http://www.harborfreight.com/25-liter-ultrasonic-cleaner-95563.html

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 1

I've got the hf one. Works great. Buy the 3 year warranty and if it acts up even at the end of the warranty they will replace it.

Same here. Except...I bought it and put it in the garage on a shelf and keep forgetting its there.

• Like 1

OK,Hit HF,picked up the big one,used the discount,bought the ext warranty.usually i dont but this time i couldnt resist.Mixed simple green and distilled water at 50/50,about 2 inches up from the bottom of the tank 1 inch below the fill mark.Looks like a good 1 gun at a time machine, i can lay the frame on its side and parts next to it.It comes w a plastic strainer. First victim was the HK 40 C, 3 runs at 3 mins per run,used the heat feature...considering i bought the hk used,and its over 8 years old,the tank went from a pretty green to septic tank green/dark,the components were immaculate.Im impressed.Next victim,the HK 45C,my edc forever,clean on the outside and easy accessible inside,greased with shooters red grease...my dark green tank went from dark green to septic tank black.pulled it out after 3 runs at 3 minutes,remnants of shooters choice was hung by the decock mechanics but the gun was clean.....

This is prob the best accessory i've bought in a long time oorah,thanks for the suggestions, im real pleased with it.My only question is what is the diff between the HF model and a 500 dollar industrial stainless model?? i have my own idea but am curious...do they clean faster or use better transducers ????( no china jokes pls )....

Edited by Dustbuster
For the price I paid for my HF model and the extended warranty, I can replace it every 3 years, if necessary, with a new one and never touch the price on the high-end models.

I'm sure the good ones have better parts, but you also gotta watch that too. From what I was reading when I was studying on which to buy, the really powerful ones actually vibrate fast enough that if parts clink together during cleaning they can damage one another.

Must be true, I read it on the Internet. Edited by BigK
  • 3 months later...

I haven't used mine yet, but I bought the large one at Harbor Freight.  It is the same maker of the Lyman one which has decent reviews and it has excellent reviews at Harbor Freight.  I got it on sale, with an additional 20% off using the coupon in the American Rifleman magazine.  I think I ended up paying just over $60 for it.  I looked at all of them before purchasing that one.  Cost wasn't an issue, I just felt it was the overall best value for what I needed.   I am typically skeptical of most of the harbor freight stuff, but this was one that appears to be worth it.

http://www.harborfreight.com/25-liter-ultrasonic-cleaner-95563.html

I'm going to Harbor Freight tomorrow to buy this. Everyone still have good things to say about it?  I'm curious what the dimensions of the inner basket are?

I was also wondering......Is it ok to put polymer gun parts in it.....like the lower receivers of my Glocks? If so, what's a good and safe cleaning solution for polymer?

I'm going to Harbor Freight tomorrow to buy this. Everyone still have good things to say about it? I'm curious what the dimensions of the inner basket are?

I was also wondering......Is it ok to put polymer gun parts in it.....like the lower receivers of my Glocks? If so, what's a good and safe cleaning solution for polymer?

5.25"x9.25". I've been using the HF cleaner for about a year. Does a great job with water and a dash of liquid dish soap. Run it a few cycles with the heat at it cleans great. Edited by Dad03

I use one of these
http://www.battenfeldtechnologies.com/frankford-arsenal/catalog.asp?family=case-tumbler-kits
Works great so far. Cheap and works as advertised.
Fly Boy

I use a Lyman 1200 tumbler for my brass and I like it a lot. I mainly wanted an ultrasonic cleaner for guns and gun parts like AR bolts. I got the one from Harbour Freight, but I haven't used it yet. I got lucky.....It was the last one on the shelf when I went last Friday.