Conservative Presidential Hopefuls

Guest jcoyle6

Who do you want for the Republican Party?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want for the Republican Party?

• McCain
    • Guliani
    • Romney
    • Tancredo
    • Hunter

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jcoyle6

Not yet? does anyone know how to add to a poll or do we have to scrap this thread and start over? Oops sorry, I guess everyone'll just have to write in on their ballot...

(In a "Delmer" voice from the movie "oh brother where art thou") ................

"I'm with You fellers".:P

I agree with the Fred Thompson ticket.

He stood up in hollywood and went after all the liberals there that were running down the president..the office of the president and that took GUTS..

Just read that Fred Thompson has cancer. While it sounds mild, I bet this would scare off some voters, and may be a factor in his decision to run or not.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070411/pl_nm/usa_politics_thompson_dc_1

Interesting thing about this election, its possible the Republicans in 2008 could nominate someone more liberal than the Democrats have put forth in a while. The running joke is that Rudy Guliani represents the "pro-gay rights, pro-abortion, anti-gun wing of the Republican party." (That's a pretty small wing, especially since Mitt Rommey had a change of heart on all these issues!) .

Meanwhile, once Clinton and Obama crash and burn when they realize that southern Democrats wont come out and support them, we'll get John Edwards on the (D) side, and he's about as moderate as they come these days --pro-war, pro-gun, and shying away from talking about gay rights or abortion.

Not too long ago -as in during my lifetime- there were liberal republicans and conservative democrats. The former died off in the '90s, the latter flourished to stay alive in the years of the Republican revolution. And now the circle turns once more? Gotta love politikin'.

Guest jackdog

Ron Paul is a stand up guy and has been for years. He lives strictly by the constitution. He has written some very good papers on what is wrong with the government and is voting record is 100% solid. He may be one of the few politicians in DC who is not in someones pocket. I have written to Mr. Paul on two occasions, and have received a personnel response both times.

Guest Idahoser

Ron Paul isn't going to get elected, so it's just an exercise...

He has two major flaws that I already know about: he's really anti-war, and he's really anti-death penalty.

Libertarians tend to be anti-war. I had a discussion with a guy on a Libertarian board. He doesn't even think we need any secrets in government. I'd guess that anti-war part is pretty much Paul's position? I didn't know that. No way I'd vote for him.

I don't have any idea about Libertarianism and the death penalty. It probably costs us more than it's worth. I think the appeals average about 13 years in this country and it doesn't act as a deterrent. I'd favor immediate appeals extending no longer than six months and then zap them. Just to get them out of our hair.

Found this article.

• 4 months later...