Which grip size do you use on your M&P?

• 3 months later...

I use the large back strap on all three of my M&P's. I own 2 compacts one in 45 auto and one in 9x19. I also have a M&p VTAC in 9x19.

I also have a VTAC and love it. Mine came from another member here and has the Apex hard sear in it, might have their trigger kit too, don't remember and have nothing to compare it against. The last time I had FO sights prior to the S&W was on a BBgun as a kid, either my eyes were so good I didn't appreciate them or the FO on that Crossman were junk cause I never cared for them until giving them a second shot on the M&P.

After some more time with the pistol I have come to the conclusion that the small still work best for me. The only problem I have with the large is the amount of swell the large backstrap puts into my palm. The small is nice and streamlined and just feels more natural to the way I hold it. At the end if the day I'll take either size on the M&P over most other pistols. Edited by TrickyNicky

On the M&P9 fullsize I can go back and forth between the LG and the SM. I prefer the feel of the small grip but the large puts my trigger finger in better position.

Same with me but Med instead of Lg 

The only thing that settled it for me was trying the different sizes at the range. Personally I found the LG grip to give me enormously more control over 165 gr .40S&W.

This was surprising to me because in just holding the gun, the SM and MD felt the most comfortable in hand.
I like the Med. on my f/s but I sanded my large grip down a little on the sides and then stippled it because I like how the large strap blends up on the beaver tail and it works for me. Sometimes I use a Hogue sleeve on the small grip at the range and really like the Hogue Jr. on my compact.