Where to live in Nashville area?

Romad7

My opinion... mt. juliet, hendersonville, nolensville & lavergne on that side are becoming more densely populated in the last 10 years more than anywhere else besides coolsprings/brentwood/franklin. It's creepin to gallatin, smyrna, lebanon as old farmland owners r dying & families are selling to these beazer, foxboro & the like big developers. Next 5-15 the whole corridor of 840 from lebanon to franklin will explode including retail. That could mean a good flip if you want but expect delays. Watertown is about the only pocket over yonder that might qualify for time frame but that's likely to become a longer commute w/congestion in 5yrs. You could look north from coopertown to whitehouse you're lookin at 35-40 min to BNA

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
I like Mt Juliet and Hendersonville and hopefully will be moving to one of those areas soon... My fiancé and I would have loved to move, but couldn't find an affordable house to rent and we had a pretty good budget, and with my job, buying is not an option at this point.
Stay out of Antioch and the surrounding areas.

We'll probably end up in the area between Lebanon and Murfreesboro so we don't have to go through the city to get to where we need to be.  I'll likely be looking at a 30-45 minute commute so I am prepared for that.  

Are there any good health food grocery stores like Whole Foods and Trader Joe's in Murfreesboro/Lebanon/Mt.Juliet?  I know where those two stores are but looking for something comparable more to the East.

Edited by Romad7

I like Mt Juliet and Hendersonville and hopefully will be moving to one of those areas soon... My fiancé and I would have loved to move, but couldn't find an affordable house to rent and we had a pretty good budget, and with my job, buying is not an option at this point.
Stay out of Antioch and the surrounding areas.

Thanks, just took a look at Antioch, that area is definitely way too built up for us.

How much land do you want?  You're going to pay for it in any surrounding county.  I live in Hermitage, and there's plenty of 5-8 acre lots in my area.  Lots of houses with property in Nashville are well below value right now.  I would stay out of Rutherford county because the commute into town is horrendous.  I40 from the east isn't too bad. 

How much land do you want? You're going to pay for it in any surrounding county. I live in Hermitage, and there's plenty of 5-8 acre lots in my area. Lots of houses with property in Nashville are well below value right now. I would stay out of Rutherford county because the commute into town is horrendous. I40 from the east isn't too bad.

How much are those lots going for?

Remember, when estimating your travel time to and from work, take into account the rush hour traffic, because we do have it. I do know some folks that live near Franklin, Murfreesboro, Mt. Juliet, Lebanon, and I've heard them complaining that it can take an hour or long to get to and from work. I have a 45-minute commute from Springfield, but I'm heading to work at 5:00 am. It can take a few minutes longer in the evening, but I avoid the bumper to bumper on I-65 by taking I-24.

I've been here in davidson off & on since the 80s. Its a hot mess clusterpuck of commie liberal infestation flocking to jobsites within 15 min of 37219. With healthcare, education & half dozen smaller industries the northern/western bluebots have commandeered metro including schools. Affluent families continues to emmigrate to outlying area as the liberal mayor/council rack up nearly 1.9billion in bond parity debt, so moodys just downgraded us, with all their beautification projects to lure hipsters. I'm itching to get out further.
Remember if its too flat it might flood. 'Sides which if u get a good holler you've got an embankment to shoot into.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

That pretty much sums it up in a polite way :lol:

Remember, when estimating your travel time to and from work, take into account the rush hour traffic, because we do have it. I do know some folks that live near Franklin, Murfreesboro, Mt. Juliet, Lebanon, and I've heard them complaining that it can take an hour or long to get to and from work. I have a 45-minute commute from Springfield, but I'm heading to work at 5:00 am. It can take a few minutes longer in the evening, but I avoid the bumper to bumper on I-65 by taking I-24.

Good point, getting from downtown to Brentwood in no traffic takes 10ish minutes at 4pm. Doing that trip at 5pm takes around 45 minutes

How much land do you want? You're going to pay for it in any surrounding county. I live in Hermitage, and there's plenty of 5-8 acre lots in my area. Lots of houses with property in Nashville are well below value right now. I would stay out of Rutherford county because the commute into town is horrendous. I40 from the east isn't too bad.

Looking for over 10 acres at a minimum. We are seeing a lot of the 5-8 acre homes going in the range of 300-400k in more populated areas closer to the city. We may have to settle for less land but there are some nice places with ~20 acres a little further out for decent prices on that much land. It's a toss up between a long commute or less land. We have 17 acres now and the neighbors feel a little too close:-)

Looks like a lot of the houses that we like are in Rutherford County, I'll take a closer look at that and see if I can get closer to I-40. Thanks! Edited by Romad7

We'll probably end up in the area between Lebanon and Murfreesboro so we don't have to go through the city to get to where we need to be.  I'll likely be looking at a 30-45 minute commute so I am prepared for that.  

Are there any good health food grocery stores like Whole Foods and Trader Joe's in Murfreesboro/Lebanon/Mt.Juliet?  I know where those two stores are but looking for something comparable more to the East.

Green Hills and Franklin are the only 2 I know of.

Looking for over 10 acres at a minimum. We are seeing a lot of the 5-8 acre homes going in the range of 300-400k in more populated areas closer to the city. We may have to settle for less land but there are some nice places with ~20 acres a little further out for decent prices on that much land. It's a toss up between a long commute or less land. We have 17 acres now and the neighbors feel a little too close:-)

Looks like a lot of the houses that we like are in Rutherford County, I'll take a closer look at that and see if I can get closer to I-40. Thanks!

If you have children, look at the various schools districts.  I found the best way was to compare the ACT/SAT test scores for the high schools.  That might also be a deciding factor.  My kids went to the magnet schools in Nashville, and they got a very good education. 

TDR,

It's off topic but thanks for the wine suggestion:

I was in Ohio and picked up a bottle, that stuff is great! The sweetness is just right and with light bubbles. Good pick!

Damn you!  :yum:  I have some family that will be visiting in a month or two, so I plan on stocking up this time.

It's been touched on a little but look into Gladeville.  Gladeville is just South of Mt. Juliet.  You are close to Mt. Juliet, Nashville, Lebanon, and Murfreesboro.  You are minutes from Providence in Mt. Juliet, which has about anything you would want to buy or eat.  You are within 25 miles of Downtown Nashville.  The TWRA range is less than 10 miles.  You are just a few miles from Percy Priest Lake and not too far from OldHickory Lake as well.  Gladeville is about as cheap of land as you will probably find in Wilson County but Wilson County saw it's last cheap land go many years ago. 

It's been touched on a little but look into Gladeville.  Gladeville is just South of Mt. Juliet.  You are close to Mt. Juliet, Nashville, Lebanon, and Murfreesboro.  You are minutes from Providence in Mt. Juliet, which has about anything you would want to buy or eat.  You are within 25 miles of Downtown Nashville.  The TWRA range is less than 10 miles.  You are just a few miles from Percy Priest Lake and not too far from OldHickory Lake as well.  Gladeville is about as cheap of land as you will probably find in Wilson County but Wilson County saw it's last cheap land go many years ago. 

That seems like the area that we keep coming back to, it's good to know that our favorite area is so highly recommended. We will definitely keep an eyeput for houses in that area. Thanks!
Ok you guys are slacking, why did nobody remind me that the Barrett HQ is in Murfreesboro!?!?

That does it for me, now to convince the wife...

That is seriously cool though, I'll be making a visit for sure.