Jim Carrey "cold dead hand"

guys, keep in mind that Carrey's opinion holds no sway here in rural america. all he's done is alienate a potential money source.  I will now, no longer watch any of his movies. I won't support someone who can't even follow the constitution. This isn't a hard thing to do.

he can think anything he likes about me and mine. he can't whip us and he can't change our minds. :rock:

Guest flashlight Dave

I will not forget what Carrey did and will not ever do anything that would give him royalties. I will not forget NDAA 2012 and I will not forget this!!

When he was dating Jenny McCarthy she went on her rampage against vaccinating your kids. 

Oh. Well I'm not trying to defend him in any way but I can't blame her for speaking out against vaccinations. I don't think they're a good idea in general either. At least not for babies.

• Like 1
Guest flashlight Dave

Well Im new here but I see that libtard is acceptable so I will go out on a limb and just say that it seems to me that libtards seem to talk about being tolerant but it seems to me that they are the most intolerant bunch of people on the planet. If some church produced a video like this making fun of another religion the libtards will have it on every front page of every news paper in the country. They think they have the right to be intolerant to others who do not share their views.

I will no longer support his movies as well as some of the other anti-gun Hollywood Libtards.

Well said and totally agree. I'm fed up with people telling others how to conduct their life. Celebrities, politicians, that idiot Bloomberg. If I choose to keep firearms and drink large amounts of soda, thats my choice. If I'm not directly harming someone, LEAVE ME ALONE. I have many guns, and guess what! Not a single one of them went out and hurt anyone today. Not even a common robbery. It is amazing.

• Like 2

Well said and totally agree. I'm fed up with people telling others how to conduct their life. Celebrities, politicians, that idiot Bloomberg. If I choose to keep firearms and drink large amounts of soda, thats my choice. If I'm not directly harming someone, LEAVE ME ALONE. I have many guns, and guess what! Not a single one of them went out and hurt anyone today. Not even a common robbery. It is amazing.

... but those celebrities and privileged people of power know more about what's better for you than you do. Duh! Didn't you know that, that's how they got in power. <sarcasm off>

Social satire. I think it's funny. Getting angry is what they want you to do. Anger leads to hate, hate leads to fear, and fear leads to suffering.

Social satire is one thing. I can almost see the humor in parts of the bit. But humor isn't necessarily about insulting someones' religion or beliefs. I know that opinion isn't how today's so-called satirist operate though.

But his attempt at "satire" ended with his tweeted response.

I wound not consider that humorous in the least.

Edited by hipower
Yea, the tweet is a little aggressive, but not any more than things said in this forum. That's the beauty of the USA and a reason we have the second amendment. People have a right to voice an opinion. Heck, we all don't like everything everyone says. My point is if we blow up and let our emotions enter the argument we will come off wrong and potentially lose. IMHO.

Besides, religious beliefs and everything else I can think of are made fun of all the time. There are people who push the limits all the time in the name of free speech. Didn't the Hustler magazine guy, can't think of his name, win a Supreme Court decision when he did a satire comic on Jerry "Fartwell"? Edited by LowBb

Social satire. I think it's funny. Getting angry is what they want you to do. Anger leads to hate, hate leads to fear, and fear leads to suffering.

I have a broader take: I simply don't judge art/entertainment by the political or social views or public behavior of the performer.

Though that little ditty wasn't particularly noteworthy regardless of the target of the lampooning, I've enjoyed much of Carrey's work, his broad comedies for the hoot value, and some of his more seriocomic stuff like The Cable Guy especially.

But point is, if I only accessed novels and movies based on being empathetic with the public persona of the artist, I'd have been quite bereft of those genres period, as the list is large. And yes, Jane Fonda has made some damn fine movies.

- OS

• Like 1