Best Burger in Tennessee

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nraforlife

If you live in Knoxville

There is a restaurant on Northshore Drive called Le Brassiere - they ground their own filet mignon and ny strip to make their burgers. It is also a great place for steaks and other fare.

Guest SUNTZU
If you live in Knoxville

There is a restaurant on Northshore Drive called Le Brassiere - they ground their own filet mignon and ny strip to make their burgers. It is also a great place for steaks and other fare.

Thanks, I hadn't heard of this place. Gotta try it out.

Guest Doindonuts

I'll have to try that too. Honestly, Ruby Tuesday's triple prime burger is one of my favorites of all the restaurants around here. If you're looking for a big burger, try M&M Catering on Middlebrook. Last one I had, I weighed before eating, and the patty was 16 ounces POST cooked weight.

Guest HexHead

Another vote for Rotier's.

For a chain type place Red Robin is actually pretty good. I can go there 10 times and not have the same burger twice. :blush:

Uncle Sams BBQ inside RangeUSA....Holy HELL they are goooooooooooodddddd

+1 I had one of his stuffed burgers not long ago. OMG! Better than sex (from what I remember:))

I also have to put in a vote for Topps BBQ. There's one right near me and that's where I usually go when I want a burger. However, they don't all prepare them the same, apparently. The location near me makes great burgers. Sometimes, other locations don't seem to be as good.

I'll have to politely disagree on Hueys. They're ok, but IMO, they're nothing special. JMO, which is worth what you paid for it.

Yum's Deli makes a good burger. It's on a hoagie bun.

I used to really like Dyer's. The original location (years ago when I was a little kid) was great, but it burned down when I was 7 or 8, IIRC. When they reopened, they were still pretty good. A few years ago, another one opened near my house. It was pretty good, but not as good as the location in Midtown. It's moved now and I haven't been there. In fact, I don't know where they are now.

Edited by robbiev
Guest 70below

I used to think you couldn't screw up a burger......but there sure are a lot of places doing it these days. A dozen jalapenos though will make most burgers edible...and good burgers great!

Guest Papabear
Back before the Market Street Pub reinvented itself and became a McFadden's Pub, I really enjoyed their hamburgers. They were the best on 2nd Ave (grin) and not that far behind some of these other selections. Unfortunately, a menu change accompanied the name change, prices went up, my favorite server there called it quits.. and I've rarely found any need to go back in.

I agree used to walk down there all the time for lunch. And probably the same server. Now Cheeseburger Charlies down by the arcade is not bad for a burger.