Best Burger in Tennessee

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before anyone says it, i know it says best burger in Tn. But the best burger is about ten miles over the Ky line in Tompkinsville. It's a place that's called Dovies. They fix the burgers out front so you can watch them.All hand patted, All women cooks that still have to wear skirts and hair nets.

It's like something out of the 1950s. And if your a health nut you don't want to eat one of their burgers. By the time you get in your car the bag is covered in grease.

HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!! They are the best! They cook their burgers in several different kinds of grease. They cook it in one kind, move to the next kind, move to the next kind....and so on. It's wild, and it's wild good.

My only complaint is, they need to have longer hours.

5 guys and fries. on West end and 21st in Nashville. Killer fries too!! WOW!

Another great choice. I've eatin' at the one in Murfreesboro. I think they only serve double burgers. They also offer about 40,000 toppings/condiments, all for the same price. The fries are a whole other story. They give you a truck load of those bad boys.

Fat Mo's is far from the best in town. In fact I would say they are one of the worst in Nashville. Rotier's is certainly 100% better than the flat cardboard tasting burgers at fat Mo's.

I forgot the name of the place but there is a little gas station and diner just up near the Center Hill Dam area. We stop in there for lunch when we make the Center Hill dam run on the motorcycles. Really good burger and cheap as well.

Fat Mo's was the greatest at one time. That was when their only location was on 8th Ave./Franklin Rd. Once they began to branch out, the quality went to s**t. With the quality went their Rocky Road milk shakes. Once they quit serving those, I quit eating there.

Guest HunterH
For those of you who don't know, Rotier's is rumored to have inspired Jimmy Buffet's Cheeseburger in Paradise song. There is a ton of Buffet memorabilia in there and apparently he stops by whenever he is in town. BTW, their milkshakes are killer, although they are not on the menu (at least they didn't used to be).

Dang, I sure could go for a Grilled Cheeseburger right about now! Oh, and some onion rings and a chocolate milkshake... :D

Ok Brandon, I am sold..... where is this palce? I have got to try it!!!

Guest JavaGuy

In Nashville, Rotiers & Brown's Diner are two of the best. Rotiers is on Elliston Place close to Centennial Park. Brown's is just off Hillsboro Rd right behind Friedman's Army Surplus store.

If you're smack in the middle of downtown Nashville, try Brandon's in the alley off the Arcade.

Over in Ashland City, Stratton's is a great place to eat. Good burgers, lots of Coca-Cola memorabilia.

Guest TNDixieGirl

At the urging of others, I tried Fat Mo's and Huey's expecting the best burger I'd ever tasted at each place. HUGE letdown.

Tried Fat Mo's twice cause I figured that many people couldn't be wrong. Well, both times, not only did I not like it, I didn't even finish it. They burned down not long after that. I think someone was even more disatisfied than I was. :up:

As for Huey's, my husband had been telling me for years that I just HAD to have Huey's. He ate there all the time when working. I finally had Huey's. To me, it was just another average burger. I found the wall and ceiling decorations more interesting. I didn't, and still don't, understand the thrill people get from them.

Same with Top's, same with Dyers, etc. I've tried all the places the locals rave about.

I have found the absolute best burger is the one done in my backyard, by my husband, on his grill, over charcoal. Everything else is just average to me.

Fat Mo's was the greatest at one time. That was when their only location was on 8th Ave./Franklin Rd. Once they began to branch out, the quality went to s**t. With the quality went their Rocky Road milk shakes. Once they quit serving those, I quit eating there.

Big +1 here! The one on 8th used to be awesome! There used to be police directing traffic into the parking lot so that you could even get up to the drive-thru. Since they branched out they've just hit rock bottom. I've been to the one here in M'boro twice and it just made me sad to remember how good they used to be.

buk

Guest HogMan

Boswells Harley Davidson on Fesslers Lane has A good Burger and fires. But there Fish Tails are my favorite.:up:

Edited by HogMan
Guest JavaGuy

Here's another place in Nashville.

Bobbie's Dairy-dip out on Charlotte Ave. I forgot about them because I haven't been in a while. It's an old-fashioned cinder-block building dairy-dip. Great shakes.. and the burgers were great too. Picnic tables along the side of the building.

I found Huey's to be an "okay" burger but I was never a huge fan. Even when they used the meat from John Gray & Son's which used to be their only supplier before they closed.

Now I can't really think of a good burger in town other than the ones I cook in the back yard over charcoal with a beer in one hand and the kids playing in the yard.

I will have to try RangeUSA though, one of these days.

Guest DrBoomBoom

I like Rotier's and Brown's too. If you like buffalo burgers, try Ted's Montana Grill on West End, a few blocks west of Rotier's. For fast food, I like Hardee's or Backyard Burgers. Friday's used to have a decent burger, but I haven't been there in a while.

Guest slothful1
In Chattanooga it is Tubbys.

I find Tubby's kind of dry, actually. I have had a significantly better burger from a place called J & C Quickstop (a convenience store with a grill in the back). It's deep in the hood though, on 4th avenue near 37th street, so don't go unarmed or after dark.

Guest pjblurton

Uncle Sams in RangeUSA is a top notch burger, but not the best in the state.

I've got a soft spot in my heart (probably more like a clogged artery) for Dyer's having grown up in Memphis. But still not the best I've had.

By far, the best burgers I've ever had were at Wimpy's Corner in Greenfield. Holy S**T! 1lb single or 2 lb single, or double them up for a 2lb double or a 4lb double! And that's "Post cooked weight" boys!