Best Burger in Tennessee

I used to think you couldn't screw up a burger......but there sure are a lot of places doing it these days. A dozen jalapenos though will make most burgers edible...and good burgers great!

Just don't get the Jalapenos with Salmonella.:)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JavaGuy
And probably the same server.

Don't know about you, but I ALWAYS sat at the bar. It was nice being greeted by name by Hope. Kind of that "Cheers" thing..

Guest Disney

Chattanooga = Cheeseburger Cheeseburger.

Tullahoma = Dave's Two Gun Cantina = Best in TN

Murfreesboro = Toot's (more for atmosphere and price than taste)

Nashville = Rottiers

Cookeville = Disney's House

Guest m14man

[qoute/]I used to really like Dyer's. The original location (years ago when I was a little kid) was great, but it burned down when I was 7 or 8, IIRC. When they reopened, they were still pretty good. A few years ago, another one opened near my house. It was pretty good, but not as good as the location in Midtown. It's moved now and I haven't been there. In fact, I don't know where they are now.

they opened by the wolfchase hooters in front of the best western in the old Schlotzsky's deli building. there pretty good but not as good as tops or hueys to me.

Guest Disney
disney, where is this dave's 2-gun cantina at in tullahoma?

Go out 130/Old Tullahoma Rd. to the split. Bear right onto Awalt Rd. Follow that around to Dave's Two Gun Cantina. It's on your right, just before you get to the Holiday Marina boat dock.

Tell em Disney sent ya! Or better yet... I'll probaly stop in there one day this week and I'll tell em you're coming. :)

Guest Southron Boy

I used to like Hope too. Wonder what happened to her.

Cheeseburger Charlie's or Brandon's downtown are pretty good. The Sports Page changed hands, and started a steep downhill slide.

Love Rotier's, ever since my college days. Cheeseburger on French bread.

I stay away from Fat Mo's, they're affilitate with the Kurdish Pride Gang here in Nashville.

they opened by the wolfchase hooters in front of the best western in the old Schlotzsky's deli building. there pretty good but not as good as tops or hueys to me.

Thanks. I'll have to make a trek out there one day and try them.

Go out 130/Old Tullahoma Rd. to the split. Bear right onto Awalt Rd. Follow that around to Dave's Two Gun Cantina. It's on your right, just before you get to the Holiday Marina boat dock.

Tell em Disney sent ya! Or better yet... I'll probaly stop in there one day this week and I'll tell em you're coming. :D

Dang... I live here and didn't even know about that place.

I'll be stopping by this week ASAP. Thanks!

Guest Disney

It's off the beaten path, so it's by chance that you happen across it.

They are closed Monday's and open for dinner during the week. Not sure about weekend schedule.

Guest JavaGuy
I used to like Hope too. Wonder what happened to her.

When they were first changing over to McFaddens, I stopped in and asked for her on several occasions; per the owner/manager, she wanted to get out of the restaurant business. He told me that he'd tried to talk her into coming back...

I really miss being able to walk in, be called by name and have her know what I wanted. And to be treated as a friend instead of just another customer.

Guest Papabear
When they were first changing over to McFaddens, I stopped in and asked for her on several occasions; per the owner/manager, she wanted to get out of the restaurant business. He told me that he'd tried to talk her into coming back...

I really miss being able to walk in, be called by name and have her know what I wanted. And to be treated as a friend instead of just another customer.

Yep Hope was a good one. I saw her not long after they changed hands. She was in a position she did not have to work all the time. So I can't blame her.

Guest JavaGuy
Yep Hope was a good one. I saw her not long after they changed hands. She was in a position she did not have to work all the time. So I can't blame her.

Absolutely.. No blame or hard feelings towards her for leaving... Grin.. just sorry that we all are the poorer for not having her around. Any ol' bartender or server can bring the food to a table; Hope made me feel like a good friend, welcomed into "her" bar.

It's off the beaten path, so it's by chance that you happen across it.

They are closed Monday's and open for dinner during the week. Not sure about weekend schedule.

on weekends they are open, 7am-10pm on saturday and 7am-9pm on sunday

i drove by today on my way home from work, looks like a nice place on the outside, didnt have time to stop and eat though