Tannerite in bulk

Spots

I read somewhere that it was even cheaper to buy the ingredients and mix it yourself.

It is, but its hard to find the ingreidents to buy in bulk without buying tons. Next time we get fertilize, I'm gonna order about 500 lbs of ammnoia nitrate and make a lil at a time. And the farm grade stuff has to be ground finer to pop like target grade. Thats what google has shown anyways

Sent from the backwoods of Nowhere

http://www.ebay.com/itm/50lb-Bulk-Ammonium-Nitrate-34-0-0-Techniacal-Grade-/130841764967?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e76c6e467

$109 for 50 lbs but shipping of over $80 kills ya. 

have you tried the local farmers co-op?

Yeah they price by the 1/4 ton, so thats why I'm waiting till we buy fertilizer again, and buying a 1/4 ton of it. It goes up in price for smaller quantities, and they have a higher chance of reporting the purchase. Even though its legal, I like to stay off the radar for everything if I can. I have a severe dislike for the BATFE and most alphabet agencies.

You do not need to crush or grind it up. It will still light off in prill form.

I would never order it off the internet, that is more of a red flag than buying it at the coop. They see someone who has coops that sell it all around them for cheap and the person chooses to order it off the internet at 5x as much. That in itself is a red flag in my eye.

You can get it at any coop and if you have a farm it is no big deal. Yes they will take your name down but they will not randomly pick a person out of the thousands of farmers that buy it every day.

My local coop sold AN for under $20 for a 50 pound bag. The cost of aluminum powder is under $20 a pound on Ebay. The cost ends up being under $1 a pound.

In the end there is nothing illegal about home made tannerite.

Edited by Dolomite_supafly

You can grind it up with a cheap yard sale type blenders....

1/4 ton (500lbs) that will make some noise...LOL

look what kind of attention 100lbs gets you:

A Minnesotan man was fined $2,583 and sentenced to three years' probation[5] on charges of detonating an explosive device and unlawful possession of components for explosives after he detonated 100 lb (45 kg) of Tannerite inside the bed of a dump truck by shooting it with a rifle chambered in .50 BMG from 300 yards (270 m) away on January 14, 2008 in Red Wing, Minnesota. The man was on probation when he mixed and shot the Tannerite and was not allowed to possess firearms or explosives. [6][7] The blast could be felt at Prairie Island Nuclear Power Plant (roughly 5 miles away).[8]

I did not mean to set off 500 lbs at once. I have a nice home and I would like to keep it instead of spending the rest of mynlife wondering where it I went. I just meant to buy it and mix up a few lbs every shoot

I did not mean to set off 500 lbs at once. I have a nice home and I would like to keep it instead of spending the rest of mynlife wondering where it I went. I just meant to buy it and mix up a few lbs every shoot

I was joking...

I seen a video of someone stacking 2-5gallon pails on top of ea other and setting it off, I'm guessing 25lbs+/- ea, it was empressive...

Edited by Johnny Rotten

There is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_HRyAG2xqU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That was awesome, I am going to say that was more than 100lbs.
I watched a link off of that one of a guy blowing 250lbs in the middle of a pond.
He had a disclaimer that you cannot mix over 50lbs at a time in any state ?
They've started adding sulphur to most ammonium nitrate fertilizers to keep you from making AnFO out of it. I doubt farm grade stuff will work. If you can get a line on some instant cold packs, they use a very refined ammonium nitrate in them but buying them would be pricey.

They've started adding sulphur to most ammonium nitrate fertilizers to keep you from making AnFO out of it. I doubt farm grade stuff will work. If you can get a line on some instant cold packs, they use a very refined ammonium nitrate in them but buying them would be pricey.

Many LEO agencies are eyeing cold pack purchases as they are precursors for meth making.

I don't think adding sulphur will prevent the aluminum powder reaction. I could be wrong. I've heard 34-0-0 works. I have some game food plots that need fertilizing so maybe I'll bag a little and try it out.
34-0-0 is ammonium nitrate. I had to buy quite a bit a while back and I jokingly asked the guy if it was going to put me on some watch list. He said theyve started adding sulphur and a few other things making nigh impossible to set off.

34-0-0 is ammonium nitrate. I had to buy quite a bit a while back and I jokingly asked the guy if it was going to put me on some watch list. He said theyve started adding sulphur and a few other things making nigh impossible to set off.

Huh, but what about those who don't want to increase the sulphur content in the soil? How much sulphur would make AN-S vs AN? I believe AN-S is still volatile.

I'm no chemist (obviously), so I guess we'll just give it a whirl :)