Eotech worth it?

Guest NormShaver

Guest NormShaver

I know very little about these other than what i have read online, are they worth the money? with out any magnification is it good up to 100 yards,and will only work with a flat top rifle correct? thanks for any and all help.

Norm

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EasilyObsessed

I would try to find one local that you could put your hands on. You can also save a few dollars by going with the Bushnell Holosight which the exact same thing just without a metal shield and something else I cant remember. Try the optics section of ARFCOM.

Guest HunterH

EoTech is worth every penny. I tried to buy a les expensive one and it just plain sucked. Busnell might make a good one, but I have not met anyone that has one. for about $50 more than the Bushnell, you can have the EoTech.

It really makes the rifle!! :bowrofl:

budsgunshop.com last price I saw was $355.

Guest NormShaver
It depends on what you're mounting it on, what you're using it for and what you want it to do. I like them but there are certain applications where other reflex sighting systems make more sense.

primarily for the range and to have another tactiCOOL item it would be going on a ar 5.56/.223 rifle. maybe for 3 gun down the road. and thanks for the advice !

I love my eotech. It so pretty as well as deadly sitting on my tactical AR. You will not regret it. Make sure to get the 512 which uses regular batteries instead of the cheaper one that uses goofy batteries.

you will not regret it.

Now with that said, you are not going to win any distance precision awards with it. If you are wanting to shoot the eye out of the king on a playing card from 100 yards away, a scope is better. Or you can do what I did and have a varmit style ar with a scope for shooting those eyes out and then have a tactical carbine with an eoctech for everything else.

Its probably already been said, but EoTech + 3x/4x magnification owns. I personally went with the 3x, I couldnt see spending an extra $200ish just for an extra power. I dunno how the non-flip to side version is, but my FTS is so awsome it makes me want to drop kick my dog.

Guest gcrookston

I really like my EoTech. When you compare it side by side with the others, you see where the extra $$$ go... Well worth it, IMO

Get a Weaver 1x3 scope and never look back. $159.00 from Midway USA. It can be used on 1x and shot with both eyes open like a reflex or a quick turn to 3x and you are comfortably shooting to 300 yds. If you go with the EoTech and the 3x magnifier with a flip mount, you are about to drop some cash. At that price you can find a used ACOG,Meopta or Trijicon. We are planning a 3Gun match at ORSA for the very near future. Come on over and shoot IPSC on the 3rd Sat of ea. month with us. There are alot of guys with alot of shooting experience that would be glad to help you out.

DaG

Joe at Hero Gear put one on a rifle and put it in my hands. I was impressed it was pretty cool. :D

I just wanted one to play with so I couldn’t justify the over $500 price tag on the EOtech.

I bought an AimShot HG-M1 for around $140. It has FAR more parallax than what I saw in the EOtech.

Guest Medic908
For the record I love the EOTech and used them before I founded CCA.

what kind of pricing can one expect on a 552 (new and/or demo)?

Thanks.

what kind of pricing can one expect on a 552 (new and/or demo)?

Thanks.

I don't remember what we sell them for, but a quick search will yield their MAP of $479.00

Guest 5Legion

Of all the optics available at my place of work (ACOG, new ELCANs, Aimpoint) the EOTech is by far the general purpose sight of choice. Just have to roll with good back-up irons.