.40 compacts

knewcomb

I agree but find Kahrs very recoil intense compared to other similar guns. The funny thing is am not normally recoil sensitive.

I don't find the KAHR recoil bad at all . But every one to his own. I just like the way it shoots and light  weight carry. Not a gun i shoot everyday mostly for carry and when i shoot at range i break out the 1911s 45acp.

Springfield EMP 40 hands down , had the kahr and if you look real close on the metal rails in the front of the lower on the plastic models ,you will see that it will slowly wear out the rails and get chatter marks eating up the metal. does not do that on the kahr full metal pistols .

The Springfield XD-40 sub compact might be worth a look. It comes with a 10 and a 13 round mags.  I have small hands and it feels a lot better than a Gen 1 - Gen 3 Glock. The XD-40 is a little to thick and heavy for my hands, too, but I could carry it in a pinch. It's more of a dresser gun for me. The older Glocks have a grip angle and thickness that is just too uncomfortable for my hands.

Guest MAWLJ45

my .02 easy glock 23 gen 4 for high cap as mentioned over and over, can't be beat. Lower caps would be the sig P239 followed by the H&K 40c.

M&P40c for $499+ FFL transfer fee: http://www.kygunco.com/smith-and-wesson-mp-compact-40-sw-28238
when in stock, veterans and LE can pick one up from buds police supply for $399 + $50 mail in rebate from S&W(must qualify)

then this would be the way to go if the EMP is out of your budget , or the M&P shield in 40. Any 40 will be good you need to jest try out some and see what feels good in your hand and how Thay shoot go to a range and rent the diff guns, its what you like all we can do is give you a starting point. Edited by ted

I have the Ruger SR40c and love it. Great shooting pistol, feels good in hand. The day I bought it, I had went into the store to pickup a Springfield XD .40 but walked out with the Ruger. My girlfriend is 5' and has very small hands and she loves the feel of this Ruger (and sure can shoot it).

Capacity is 9 and 14? I don't use the full size mag very often.

The M&P is a great option as well from all I have heard, I have held but not shot one and it had a great feel. However, main thing is hold (and shoot if possible) a couple and see what fits your hand the best.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hi im drummer03

At 650.Im going XDM 3.8 Compact.2nd would be Glock 23. Third is M&P 40c.Last would be Ruger SR40c

Edited by hi im drummer03

Besides a glock. Glocks just dont feel right in my hand.

Generally speaking I COMPLETELY agree with you! I shot one of the very fist Glock model 17s that came into this country, long about 19 andddd 84, didnt like it then and I still dont. I know they are quality but they are not for me! In all fairness, I shot my cousins model 23 and I actually liked it.

I REALLY like M&P's!

Edited by MarkInNashville
Guest GlockSocks

Several have recommend the XD40SC and I agree.  That's my everyday carry with a Crossbreed ST holster.  Can't go wrong with that rig.  Feels great in the hand and the handle is short enough where it won't poke you in the back if you carry in about the 3:30 position.  2nd choice would be the S&W Shield (if you can find one).  It's a narrow frame .40 but still feels good in the hand.  Glock 27 will give you an extra round but I'm with you, I like the feel of the XDSC a little more and it's a tighter gun.  Can't talk trash about Glock though, have a G19 Gen4 and have a holster on the way for that one too.  

Edited by GlockSocks