.40 compacts

knewcomb

I love my Glock 23, best shooting gun I own and I even own a Glock 19. I found the subcompact M&P Shield to be a great handgun. It carries well and shoots like a fullsize. If you can find one a Sig 2022 is a great gun for a great price. They used to be $400 new but it's been a whole since I have seen them for that. The sig drawback is it is fat and mags are expensive.

I think the cz rami comes in 40, and its rather small, DA/SA build its a shrunk down cz 75.  I have the 9 and love it.

Beretta's px4 smallest frame is nice though very fat da/sa design.   It was too fat for me, but a great gun otherwise.

I have 40’s in all sizes. Compact and hi-cap don’t go together. My M&P 40 Compact is nice, but its not really compact, just short, it can however use a full size 15 round mag from my full size if need be. I consider my M&P Shield and Kahr MK40 to be compacts, or some would call micro compacts. But they are 6 or 7 rounds. Compact to me implies “thin”, that rules out double stacks.

I agree with DaveTn i have a Kahr CW 40 not high cap but is compact and very easy to carry and conceal .

I agree but find Kahrs very recoil intense compared to other similar guns. The funny thing is am not normally recoil sensitive.
Guest Phizzle99GST

if you want really compact, single stacked mags are slimmer but hold less rounds. double stacked mags are not as slim but you get the higher capacity.

M&Ps are most comfortable for me, I love glocks and used to own a 17(full size 9) but it was not comfortable for me because of the grip angle. Ive shot just as well with each and didn't have issues with either, it came down to a matter of comfort.

back to the compacts, I have not shot a compact 40 but my wifes M&P9c shoots awesome and holds 12 rounds, the M&P40c holds 10 but like dave said, it will fit the full size 15 round mag in it as well and maybe the make a spacer for it? The glocks have that capability too(not sure about the gen4s since the mags are ambi)