Knob Creek AAR.................

Guest BCR#1

Guest BCR#1

Just got back from the creek with a few bullets and primers. Waited until David unpacked his trailer and then bought 2K 9mm, 1K .40S&W and 1K of .45 RN FMJ. I also found a full 5K case of Winchester small pistol primers from a different vendor

I did find 1 case of BB 9x18 for $12.50 a box.

Bill

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back. Ammo was High but lower than what's out there on the web. <br /><br />Even still, if you looked carefully there were deals to be found. Examples:<br /><br />Picked up a can of 50bmg for $250 for my Barrett, found a 1919 ww2 belt loader for a very nice price well below market values. <br /><br />Coolest thing I found was a Curta Calculator! Been wanting one of these for years but they are crazy expensive usually. <br /><br /><br />This was my first year seeing the Saturday night shoot Impressive!<br /><br /><br />zysyju8e.jpg

Weather was EXCELLENT!  A bit cool in the mornings, but not too much dust and only a little mud on Friday.

Ammo was available.  Prices were high, as expected, but most calibers were available.  Magazine prices are coming down with new USGI M-16 mags for $15-20, and AK mags for $10-20.

I found some of the L1A2 British-issue mags I like for my Sterling.  They actually fit in most 9mm SMG mag pouches unlike the wider export-version mags. 

I also found some more clean Czech 7.62x45 ammo for my VZ-52 at a reasonable price.

I spent most of my time working down on the subgun range as usual.  It was a very challenging course with the first stage consisting of 60 steel targets to be knocked down in 60 seconds using magazines limited to 30rds.  I managed to clean that stage on my first run using a red-dot sight on the Sterling.  But then, I shot the third stage with one foot outside the shoot box and got a huge penalty which gave me a bad score for the run.

We ran 160 shooters through the subgun match.  Everyone agreed that it was a fun, but challenging course.  The spectators enjoyed watching as well.  If you haven't seen it, you should go down and watch it next time you go to KCR.

Curta Calculator
I had to look it up, nice, does it work, better question, can YOU work it?

Yes it does work - I've never used one so I downloaded the manual and checked it out with the seller before buying. I used to do TSD road rallies and guys would use these. I just would use a programmable scientific calculator ;)
Guest K7Sparky

Anyone see Steve Lee there?  "I Like Guns"  Awhile back I thought I read he was coming back this year to do another song / video there.

• 11 months later...
Guest pbrstreetgang_
Took a carload up there yesterday morning...we parked near the admission booth about 15 minutes before it started..walked right in....there wasn't the huge crowds we've become accustomed to...we left before lunch...great weather ..guess folks are 1.) tired of getting gouged on ammo, 2.) low on $$$, 3.) well-stocked or 4.) a combination of all three
Guest BCR#1

Took a carload up there yesterday morning...we parked near the admission booth about 15 minutes before it started..walked right in....there wasn't the huge crowds we've become accustomed to...we left before lunch...great weather ..guess folks are 1.) tired of getting gouged on ammo, 2.) low on $$$, 3.) well-stocked or 4.) a combination of all three

More like Kenny ripping people off on the $15 admission or the fact the Blue Angels were in Louisville.

Bill