Sig Sauer AR Pistol Buffer Attachment / SBR Like

Fourtyfive

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see they've gotten an approval letter from the ATF.  I wonder what happens to "not designed or intended to fire a weapon from the shoulder" when someone does in fact mount it to their shoulder?

wouldn't take much to loosen the velcro and shoulder it... wish they would just remove SBR, SBS, full auto and suppressors from the NFA

Edited by hlb14

They have an ATF letter of approval on their web page , but when out with it expect questions.....

Questions from who? Not being disrespectful but the government can't manage anything effectively yet someone how the internet thinks they are gonna catch everyone with illegal sbr. I saw a thread the other day where the poster put up pics of his Sbr parts he has aquired so far. Rather than comment on the build the " internet police " wanted to know if he had his forms. I just don't get it.

Questions from who? Not being disrespectful but the government can't manage anything effectively yet someone how the internet thinks they are gonna catch everyone with illegal sbr. I saw a thread the other day where the poster put up pics of his Sbr parts he has aquired so far. Rather than comment on the build the " internet police " wanted to know if he had his forms. I just don't get it.

Expect questions like :

Is that a SBR ?
What kind of stock is that ?
Can I shoot it?
How does that stay on your arm ?
How much was that ?
Where did you get it ?
Did you have to get a stamp for that ?

As far as the other thread you refer to I think the responses were meant to keep someone out of trouble if they were not aware , especially when posting pictures on the interweb. Edited by Threeeighty

I saw the original post and ATF letter from Alex the guy who designed it, I thought it was kinda lame and I can't believe Sig picked it up.  Anyway here is a pic of the original design... at least Sig tacticool'd it.

IMG_4618.jpg

• Admin Team

I saw the original post and ATF letter from Alex the guy who designed it, I thought it was kinda lame and I can't believe Sig picked it up. Anyway here is a pic of the original design... at least Sig tacticool'd it.

IMG_4618.jpg

That soft foam is different than what Sig is selling. The devil is in the details.

I saw the original post and ATF letter from Alex the guy who designed it, I thought it was kinda lame and I can't believe Sig picked it up. Anyway here is a pic of the original design... at least Sig tacticool'd it.

That soft foam is different than what Sig is selling. The devil is in the details.

I agree, he made a quite a few changes to the original as he progressed. They are using his ATF letter though which is surprising. On a side note when he was marketing it he was shooting for less than $90.

Alex Bosco, the designer who has arrangement with Sig

I saw the original post and ATF letter from Alex the guy who designed it, I thought it was kinda lame and I can't believe Sig picked it up.  Anyway here is a pic of the original design... at least Sig tacticool'd it.

IMG_4618.jpg

Alex Bosco who has whatever arrangement with Sig to market it, says on arfcom that the Sig version is also prosthetic rubber type material, too soft to use as a stock. And of course if you modify it to be rigid, well, you've made it into a stock.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Guest StorminMormon
lame....i'd rather risk being caught with an unregistered sbr than seen with that monstrosity (not really ,but man that is fugly)
Guest StorminMormon
on a side note, ive always wondered about a vest/shirt ..whatever that had a socket on the shoulder that the buffer tube could fit into....couldn't be any goofier that this.

lil known fact it was designed for disabled vets 

Yep, that was the original intent, and the inventor is a vet with somewhat of a physical problem himself.

Of course, Sig is marketing it as more of a must have in general.

- OS

Guest StorminMormon

lil known fact it was designed for disabled vets 

I can see that i guess, I would assume for amputees with one arm. Looks like it would be near impossible to wrap that velcro around your arm, but then again, I've seen some incredible things done by our wounded vets. That's where I could see a bullpup really shining, you could tuck it into your shoulder and have your one one hand out front where the balance would seem to be in your favor.

Edited by StorminMormon

Sig recently has really decided to push the laws haven't they?

Bosco  got the prototype approved before Sig cranked up. The irony is though that Sig publishes the same letter to him regarding the prototype (removing his name), not a letter to Sig regarding their release version.

You would think that Sig would have submitted their version to make real damn sure it's documented, since it's a bit different in form from what Bosco submitted, but I guess not in theory.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Bosco  got the prototype approved before Sig cranked up. The irony is though that Sig publishes the same letter to him regarding the prototype (removing his name), not a letter to Sig regarding their release version.

You would think that Sig would have submitted their version to make real damn sure it's documented, since it's a bit different in form from what Bosco submitted, but I guess not in theory.

- OS

Yes, yes I know.  That is more or less regarding their 9mm ar/mp5 clone thing with the threaded on "compensator" that just happens to look like suppressor internals and is threaded.

Yes, yes I know.  That is more or less regarding their 9mm ar/mp5 clone thing with the threaded on "compensator" that just happens to look like suppressor internals and is threaded.

Ah, gotcha.

Well, companies have been burned in the past by ATF changing its mind, so certainly there's some risk. What was that semi auto import that had the fake suppressor they allowed, then later decided it actually was a suppressor and the company had to send out a free replacement?

- OS

Ah, gotcha.

Well, companies have been burned in the past by ATF changing its mind, so certainly there's some risk. What was that semi auto import that had the fake suppressor they allowed, then later decided it actually was a suppressor and the company had to send out a free replacement?

- OS

I haven't the foggiest.