You may not like him, but, ...he won against some wierd stuff

Guest 6.8 AR

Guest 6.8 AR

Former Governor Mark Sanford, the guy who had a South American lover,

beat a Comedy Channel nut's nutty sister, who even had her name on the ballot twice!

Democrats poured money into South Carolina and used his past to start up the so-

called Republican "War on Women" nonsense. It didn't work, thank God.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/05/01/sanford-focused-on-pelosi-in-run-up-to-vote/

Maybe the Democrats are finally losing some steam after all the tyranny they are trying

to force down our throats. If Sanford can win, Republicans can hold the House, and

possibly win the Senate.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_1ST_DISTRICT_SOUTH_CAROLINA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-05-07-20-34-22

CNN and AP can't spin it to their pleasure. I love it.

• Admin Team
I do not particularly like Mark Sanford, and think he represents a lot of what's wrong with our political system.

That said, I'll chalk this one up to further proof that the DNC has never met a sure thing that they couldn't find a way to screw up.
  • Like 1

I do not particularly like Mark Sanford, and think he represents a lot of what's wrong with our political system.

That said, I'll chalk this one up to further proof that the DNC has never met a sure thing that they couldn't find a way to screw up.

The district Sanford won is heavily Republican. The RNC could have nominated my dog and he would have won.

:cheers:  also glad to see this win or rather glad to see someone, anyone win this over a democrat even if it was a shoe-in for Sanford.

McCain and his daughter is what's wrong with politics.   :yuck:

• Like 4
Guest semiautots

:cheers:  also glad to see this win or rather glad to see someone, anyone win this over a democrat even if it was a shoe-in for Sanford.

McCain and his daughter is what's wrong with politics.   :yuck:

Bet you'd tag it anyway . . .  the daughter, that is . . .

• Moderators

:cheers: also glad to see this win or rather glad to see someone, anyone win this over a democrat even if it was a shoe-in for Sanford.

McCain and his daughter is what's wrong with politics. :yuck:

Bet you'd tag it anyway . . . the daughter, that is . . .

I'd hit it like a storm trooper hitting a tree on the forrest moon of Endor.
Guest RedLights&Sirens

I'd hit it like a storm trooper hitting a tree on the forrest moon of Endor.

Was he aiming for it? Cuz that makes a difference in how to interprit your post. Edited by RedLights&Sirens

The best thing about Mark Sanford's win is that it produced this burn.

y7aneny3.jpg

Yep, nothing like taking a cheap shot at someone who had nothing to do with the situation. I generally like Iowahawk but this was a low class, chickenshit low blow. Way beneath him. 

• Like 1
  • Moderators

Yep, nothing like taking a cheap shot at someone who had nothing to do with the situation. I generally like Iowahawk but this was a low class, chicken#### low blow. Way beneath him. 

Meghan McCain sent out multiple tweets that day calling out Republicans for voting for Sanford. She is the one who made a big deal about his cheating. She opened herself up for that one. If she wants to heap judgement on folks for that, she needs to start at home.

Meghan McCain sent out multiple tweets that day calling out Republicans for voting for Sanford. She is the one who made a big deal about his cheating. She opened herself up for that one. If she wants to heap judgement on folks for that, she needs to start at home.

By that measure I guess I shouldn't have anything to say about people who steal because I have relatives who have done time in prison. Or one could be judged on their actions and their actions alone and not those of people to whom they just happen to be related.

Guest 6.8 AR

If you compare the group of politicians, Republicans and Democrats, because of their sexual proclivities, you

may not find much difference. So what? I guess nowadays it is expected and sorry to see that.

But another way to look at this is how many of which kind do you want in the senate, forgetting this race, for a

moment. If we hadn't thrown several under the bus ourselves, throughout the last decade, we might have

avoided Obamacare. Of course we'll never know that for a fact, now. Our own RINO's have helped to keep

candidates out of office as much as just about anything else. We should always hold them to a higher standard,

but it's just food for thought.

Todd Akin made one remark that cost him a spot. Christine O' Donnell was another who was given up by the

Republicans because she beat a RINO in a primary, thereby losing support from RINO's. Several others this

has happened to. We really need to either get the numbers up and take over the senate, or just throw it all away.

Yep, nothing like taking a cheap shot at someone who had nothing to do with the situation. I generally like Iowahawk but this was a low class, chicken#### low blow. Way beneath him.

She is John and Cindy's daughter, so it mainly just doesn't rank on the witty scale, as it doesn't make any sense. Purely mean-spirited in a childish sort of way.

edit: statement retracted, due to forgetfulness of history, see post below.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

She is John and Cindy's daughter, so it mainly just doesn't rank on the witty scale, as it doesn't make any sense. Purely mean-spirited in a childish sort of way.

Did John McCain maybe get his seat because another senator cheated on his wife and McCain won the election? And Megan is only in the spotlight because of her dad (I can't tell if she has more or less brains than her dad.)

Edited by macville
  • Moderators

- OS

John and Cindy began their relationship while he was still married to his first wife. How does it not make sense? 

John and Cindy began their relationship while he was still married to his first wife. How does it not make sense? 

Oh, okay, forgot about that -- then I guess it does sort of, though she wasn't born till 4 years after he and Cindy got married.

So I'll re-rank it 7.2 on a 10 scale, mea culpa.

- OS