Obama maybe the most successful President EVER

POSTED ON MAY 23, 2013 BY PAUL MIRENGOFF IN IMMIGRATIONOBAMA ADMINISTRATION,OBAMACARE
OBAMA ON THE VERGE OF BECOMING ONE OF AMERICA’S MOST SUCCESSFUL PRESIDENTS EVER

With so many scandals in the picture or looming, it’s easy to miss the fact that President Obama may soon become one of the most successful presidents in American history. I’m defining success as fulfilling Obama’s mission of substantially transforming America.

The Obama administration scandals matter because, to one degree or another, they involve scandalous conduct. But step back for moment. In 20 years, very few people will remember any of them.

By contrast, in 20 years — assuming that Obamacare sticks and Schumer-Rubio style immigration reform is enacted — Americans will constantly experience the impact of the Obama presidency.

Obamacare is an enormous deal. It directly affects about one-sixth of the U.S. economy. It directly affects not just our well-being, but also life and death. Arguably, it provides the most significant entitlement in American history, and certainly one of the top three. No entitlement enacted since 1964 comes close to matching it.

Enacting Schumer-Rubio style immigration reform would be just as impactful. It would radically transform America by ultimately leading to citizenship for (an estimated) 30 million or more Mexicans, nearly all of whom will be low-skilled individuals, and many of whom violated American law as their very first act in this country.

It is highly unlikely that these new citizens will assimilate successfully. Thus, America will be a far less unified country than it is today.

It is overwhelmingly likely that the vast majority of the new citizens will vote consistently for Democrats. It is virtually certain that they will not vote for conservative Republicans, as that designation is currently understood. Thus, America will not be anything close to a “center-right” country. If we are a “center” country, it will only because the center moved significantly to the left.

The economic impact of Schumer-Rubio is subject to legitimate debate, so I’m not going to include it in my analysis. But quite apart from immigration policy, the U.S. almost surely will either have an enormous debt problem or will have taxed the relatively well-to-do to the breaking point.

Either state of affairs will reflect another Obama administration “success” — its ability to fend off Republican efforts to reform entitlements and to bring about substantial cuts in government.

And, with so many new underclass voters, it will be nearly impossible to reverse the rot.

Name a U.S. president since Lincoln who has had more of an impact on America than that which I have just described. You could make a case for Reagan, but FDR is the only one I would agree on.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Name a U.S. president since Lincoln who has had more of an impact on America than that which I have just described. You could make a case for Reagan, but FDR is the only one I would agree on.

Lincoln, FDR, Obama.

Impact? Yes.

For the long-term health of the Republic and freedom of its citizens? Ya gotta be on smack.

- OS

No he wont be the greatest, he will be remembered as the one that tired to bring down this great country and failed.

Obamacare will not make it, the IRS, AP and Benghazi will haunt him till he leaves office.

Premature to say immigration reform..... Won't pass the House.

And the true impact of ObamaCare has still not been felt by the mainstream, although here's an early little tip of the iceberg anecdote, as Medicare payments to docs keeps getting whacked:

My mom (88) took her 92 year old best friend with broken wrist for followup visit to doc today. He spent 5 min or less, said like "no swelling, that's good, we'll take cast off in three more weeks and give it another xray then".

Which really is probably about all he could know or do, just make sure there weren't any overt complications evident, but the exchange was ironic:

She said, "well heck, it wasn't really worth it to come by, then".

Doc said, "well it was worth it to me for you to come by, to see that you were okay".  But the real translation being, "that's all the time I can give for what they pay me to make it worth my while". And I'm more serious than not.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
My nephew's in med school. I'm worried about his future. Then again I know when we're screwed by the health care system he can take care of us without dealing with the system.

My nephew's in med school. I'm worried about his future. Then again I know when we're screwed by the health care system he can take care of us without dealing with the system.

Just graduated med school myself.  It is very scary starting out in such a volatile political climate.  I do not believe the ACA is sustainable, and I am hoping, that by the time I finish residency, the turbulence will settle out some.  I don't think we will ever get back to the days of docs driving Ferraris and making millions of dollars a year, nor do I honestly think we should.  However, over the course of the next several years, I do think the reimbursements will improve from where they are now.  If not, there will be nobody going into medicine.  The lifestyle sucks too bad and it's too much training to go through to get out and have to worry about being able to pay your bills. 

Lincoln, FDR, Obama.

Impact? Yes.

For the long-term health of the Republic and freedom of its citizens? Ya gotta be on smack.

- OS

Whether anyone of us like the result or not. Unless ACA is repealed (which it wont be), the effect /impact on us will be felt for the rest of our lives and our kids all because a majority of voters didn't pay attention....That's the main pt of the article. 

Guest 6.8 AR

Just graduated med school myself.  It is very scary starting out in such a volatile political climate.  I do not believe the ACA is sustainable, and I am hoping, that by the time I finish residency, the turbulence will settle out some.  I don't think we will ever get back to the days of docs driving Ferraris and making millions of dollars a year, nor do I honestly think we should.  However, over the course of the next several years, I do think the reimbursements will improve from where they are now.  If not, there will be nobody going into medicine.  The lifestyle sucks too bad and it's too much training to go through to get out and have to worry about being able to pay your bills. 

That's the whole idea behind the ACA: unsustainability. How do you think the reimbursements will improve? It's run by

a bunch of central planners taking from one to give to another, along with the rest of the taxes. The docs who made

the money to drive Ferraris weren't making it on Medicare, either. They ran businesses that were successful. You

should hope to do that, also, instead of working for the collective.

The profession is laudable and a good business. It's the government that is the problem.

Congratulations on your graduation. Go forth and prosper!

What a joke. Obama will go down as the first president in US history to not protect America or care about her well being. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Benghazi_attack

The first president in US history to give fighter jets to our biggest enemy http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04/11/us-gives-4-more-f-16-fighter-jets-to-egyptian-government/

The second president in US history to not hold those accountable that have attacked us. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Cole_bombing http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Benghazi_attack

And the 44th president that has a problem telling the truth or doing what he says he will do. Closing Guantanimo, being transparent, putting people back to work, letting you keep your current healthcare plan, holding people in his administration accountable for wrong doing....feel free to add to the list.

That's the whole idea behind the ACA: unsustainability. How do you think the reimbursements will improve? It's run by

a bunch of central planners taking from one to give to another, along with the rest of the taxes. The docs who made

the money to drive Ferraris weren't making it on Medicare, either. They ran businesses that were successful. You

should hope to do that, also, instead of working for the collective.

The profession is laudable and a good business. It's the government that is the problem.

Congratulations on your graduation. Go forth and prosper!

Reimbursements are adjusted every year.  In a given specialty or for given services, they may go up or down from year to year.  They are all, including private insurance, roughly based on what the medicare/medicaid system does. 

I do agree that many of the very successful docs were in such a position because of their business practices both within and outside of the scope of medicine.  However, it was rather common practice for providers to also "game the system" if you will.  One example, for ob/gyn practices, it was a common and accepted practice to remove the appendix and sometimes the gall bladder if you were doing a hysterectomy or oophorectomy or something along those lines.  The extra proceedures were almost never indicated and were performed to only add to the reimbursement.  I don't mean to pick on ob/gyn's and there are many other examples, most more egregious than that which were common in other specialties.  These practices lead to decreased reimbursements, lead to a decrease trust of physicians, and perhaps most important, contributed to the near failure of the medicare / medicaid system.  Obviously, there are other contributing factors of abuse and a perhaps a flawed system from the start, but physicians were certainly not without fault.

I do wish to be successful and provide a good life for my family and myself, but I did not go into to medicine to become wealthy.  There are much easier ways to earn much more money than by being a physician, but that does not ignore the fact that I have spent many many years and accumulated a considerable amount of debt to pursue such career.  The physician shortage will continue to worsen and become more difficult to intice students to accept that burden if reimbursement continue to decrease.  I have spoken with many older docs who tell me it is like a pendulum; sometime it swings to the good, sometimes to the bad.  They say at this time, it has swung pretty far the less favorable side, and they are all confident it will return over the next several years.  I hope that is not just wishful thinking.

It's incredible that 42% of Americans think that this unqualified, incompetent, dishonorable, ego-driven fraud is doing a good job. You know who his supporters are. They are the people that YOU support -- financially.

Did you notice who Obama threatened when he wasn't getting his way on raising the debt ceiling? He threatened to not pay:
- Social Security Retirees
- Military Retirees
- Social Security
- Disability
and
-Federal Retirees.

- Now let this sink in really good...
- He did not threaten to stop payments to illegal aliens.
- He did not threatened to take frivolous benefits such as Internet access away from violent inmates.
- He did not offer to fire some of the thousands of unnecessary federal employees that he hired.
- He did not offer to cut down on his or his wife's frivolous gallivanting around. $20 Million already spent on family vacations. (One Million on a FL golf outing). All our money...why not?
- He did not threaten to not pay the senators and representatives or any of their staff.
- He did not threaten to take benefits away from welfare recipients or to stop the free cell phones they get.
- He did not threaten the food stamp programs.
- He did not threaten to reduce payments in foreign aid.
- He did not threaten to cut back on anything that involves his base voters.
- The list could go on and on. He is in full political mode!

Reimbursements are adjusted every year.  In a given specialty or for given services, they may go up or down from year to year.  They are all, including private insurance, roughly based on what the medicare/medicaid system does. 

I do agree that many of the very successful docs were in such a position because of their business practices both within and outside of the scope of medicine.  However, it was rather common practice for providers to also "game the system" if you will.  One example, for ob/gyn practices, it was a common and accepted practice to remove the appendix and sometimes the gall bladder if you were doing a hysterectomy or oophorectomy or something along those lines.  The extra proceedures were almost never indicated and were performed to only add to the reimbursement.  I don't mean to pick on ob/gyn's and there are many other examples, most more egregious than that which were common in other specialties.  These practices lead to decreased reimbursements, lead to a decrease trust of physicians, and perhaps most important, contributed to the near failure of the medicare / medicaid system.  Obviously, there are other contributing factors of abuse and a perhaps a flawed system from the start, but physicians were certainly not without fault.

I do wish to be successful and provide a good life for my family and myself, but I did not go into to medicine to become wealthy.  There are much easier ways to earn much more money than by being a physician, but that does not ignore the fact that I have spent many many years and accumulated a considerable amount of debt to pursue such career.  The physician shortage will continue to worsen and become more difficult to intice students to accept that burden if reimbursement continue to decrease.  I have spoken with many older docs who tell me it is like a pendulum; sometime it swings to the good, sometimes to the bad.  They say at this time, it has swung pretty far the less favorable side, and they are all confident it will return over the next several years.  I hope that is not just wishful thinking.

You can only "game a system" when there is a game to play. The scenario's you describe are solely provided by the governments involvement. If those perameters were not there then their would be no "system to game". That is the problem with medicine and the the reason it will collapse.

That's the whole idea behind the ACA: unsustainability.

Yep, the fix is in to force the "one payer" system eventually, which is what the progressives wanted in the first place, and I guess without the clout of the insurance companies, that's what we'd already have enacted.

Once it fails, the government will have "no choice" but to step in and take over health care entirely.

- OS