My Revamped Yugo Tokarev

I am very happy with the way this particular project turned out.  It all started with the purchase of a Yugo Tokarev and took off from there.  After my first trip to the range with this weapon, I knew it needed a bit of tuning.  So I did a trigger job on it and also smoothed out the operation of the safety.  I did a few other tweaks and some action polishing here and there and also upgraded the magazine.  It felt so much better.  So much so that I thought it deserved to look as good as it functioned. 

It took a while to decide on the two-tone DuraCoat colors but I eventually settled on Gold and matte black, with a coat or two of clear matte over the basic gold finish to tone the metallic gold down a bit.  So here she is.

Some may not like the colors but it looks great in person.  Next project is a two-tone CZ-52.....Black & Titanium.

Tokarevtwo-tone_zps86f937e2.jpg       

• Like 1

Looks great. I have threated to make a "tactical Tokarev" for a while. Installing better sights and figuring out some better grips. I absolutely am in love with the caliber. I have 500 pices of Starline brass, several sets of dies and bullet mold for the caliber. I just need to find a gun.

Have you tried shooting it at 300 meters to see if your sight is on? I know the one I shot at 25 yards was like 3" high because of the tall rear sight.

I picked up some dies and I am considering simply cutting down and reforming .223 cases for the Toke.  I have dot sights on it but I have not fired it out to any extended range.  It shoots to point of aim at 50-feet.  It groups well too.  I really like the caliber and enjoy shooting the pistol.  I am trying to decide if I like the aftermarket muzzle brake.  I think it may look better without it.  

Have fun with your project.  I love to tinker with these things.  There is always room for improvement of function with these old military pistols and it's fun to outshoot your buddy when he is sporting a "new" pistol that he paid three times as much for. 

Wow.  I generally do not think that semiauto pistols, as a whole, are all that attractive (I think revolvers look much better.)  Functional, yes, but not attractive (as a general rule - there are some nice looking examples out there.)  Further, I think that the Tokarev may well be the most boring (in appearance), plain-jane looking pistol design ever.  When I see one, it always makes me think of a T-square - no personality, at all.

Then you come along and turn one of them into a thing of beauty.  Seriously, that pistol is gorgeous.  Oh, and with those colors I like the muzzle brake.  I think it adds to the 'custom' look and helps to further break up the 'T-square' lines of a standard Tokarev.

Edited by JAB

Wow!! I am blown away guys.  Thank you so much for the compliments.  I felt the same way as JAB did.  The Toke's lines are not eye candy by any means.  It reminds me of the skinny, squared off girl that nobody paid attention to.  Since I like the caliber and function of the pistol, after tuning it I gave a shot to dolling her up.  I saw a Sig done in that gold & black two-tone and figured I'd give it a try.  Admittedly, she looks better with her makeup on  ;-)