Survival Skills Meet and Teach Awards

I had a great time this weekend, made a lot of new friends, and look forward to the next.  In honor of this, I created a few awards....

"Commando Award"- Timestepper.  Despite his crutches, Timestepper came out and showed everyone several primitive skills and held everyone's attention the whole time he spoke.

"Sunburn Award"- Whitewolf001.  His arms are lobster red and will now be known as Whitewolf Red-Arms.

"Wet T-Shirt Award"- Spots.  10a this morning, pouring down rain, Spots is wringing water from his hat and shirt!

"Youngest Overnight Camper Award"- Bigbabysweet's daughter. Despite less than desirable conditions, several of us stayed overnight.  She was definitely a trooper for sticking it out in addition to holding UncleJak's attention in thought provoking conversation about The Little Mermaid and Aladdin. 

"Oldest Overnight Camper Award"- UncleJak.  I know.....I gave myself an award.....but I was the oldest overnight camper....

"Little Mermaid Umbrella Award"- Bigbabysweets.  I guess you just had to be there for this one...

• Like 4
Wet Tshirt award. Nice lol. I stayed warm and dry all night under the tarp in my bag, and then got soaked standing outside talking this morning lol.

Sent from the backwoods of Nowhere

I had a great time this weekend, made a lot of new friends, and look forward to the next.  In honor of this, I created a few awards....

"Commando Award"- Timestepper.  Despite his crutches, Timestepper came out and showed everyone several primitive skills and held everyone's attention the whole time he spoke.

Wow, kind words indeed! Heck, I was impressed that ya'll were polite enough to pretend to be interested the whole time I was flappin' my lips! :rofl:  (Just kidding!)

Hopefully next time I won't have to shag out in the middle of the afternoon and can stick around long enough to earn a new award - Snoremaster!

On a serious note, many, MANY thanks to BBS for putting this together and even more thanks to those who were able to make it out - it was the most fun I've had in a long, loooong time!

:up:  :hat:  :cheers:

...TS...

Wow, kind words indeed! Heck, I was impressed that ya'll were polite enough to pretend to be interested the whole time I was flappin' my lips! :rofl:  (Just kidding!)

Hopefully next time I won't have to shag out in the middle of the afternoon and can stick around long enough to earn a new award - Snoremaster!

On a serious note, many, MANY thanks to BBS for putting this together and even more thanks to those who were able to make it out - it was the most fun I've had in a long, loooong time!

...TS...

Don, it sure is good to hear out and about again buddy!

Dave S

Edited by DaveS

...TS...

Thanks for all the info provided sir! Also, get to feeling better, I'd like to see ya out there with us next time. ;)

Edited by whitewolf001
  • Like 1

Heres a couple of pics from sunday morning in the monsoon.

This is bigbabysweets. Viking beard and all

Posted Image

And heres the group who spent the night, in fron of the deuce

Posted Image

Here are the pics Brent sent me.

Railroar spike knife he hammered out after a few min. Of basic instructions.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The deuce

Posted Image

The forge and anvil. Notice the steel striker and char cloth tin.
Posted Image

Posted Image

And bigbabysweets really roughing it with Wendys

Posted Image

Just wondering, UncleJak, who is the guy in your avatar? It looks like an Indian draped in an American flag.

Hey, the "roughing it" came about after the Wendy's! Lol I think beef has started making me sick! Edited by bigbabysweets