What was for supper?

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filet mignon, 50/50 brown & wild rice, and sliced baby portabella mushrooms sauteed in olive oil and garlic pepper.

Man that sounds good,medium rare please

• 4 weeks later...

inch thick porterhouse steak, chargrilled to medium rare goodness smothered with grilled onion, baked yam, and texas toast. Washed down with Coor's Light.

it does not get much better!

:lol:

Now it is either nap time or bed time

Guest TurboniumOxide

Ramen noodles, creamy chicken. A can of chicken and some veggies thrown in. Last night was good and tomorrow night will be great ( grilled turkey mignons and new potatos ). tonight was "fend for yourself" night. I was popular with the cats.

I want a cubic decimeter filet mignon, medium on the outside (with a pepper rub), rare on the inside. Maybe sunday.

• 3 months later...
Guest blairellis

My famous brats :D

Supplies Needed:

6-8 Brats

Sweet Onion

Bell Peppers (I used orange)

Jalapenos

Garlic

Beer

Water

9x9 Tin Pan (DO NOT USE GLASS - You'll see why later)

Ok, so what you do is you mince, chop, whatever your preference is, all the veggies. Season to your tastes. Theres no such thing as too much veggies. They make great toppings.

Dump the veggies in a stock pot with 1-2 cans of beer (pick your favorite one) and some water. Add the brats to the mix. Make sure there is a decent amount of juice here so that when you fill up the 9x9 tin pan, the brats stay covered.

IMG00121-20090918-1317.jpg

Heat all of the goodies in your stockpot on a medium heat until the water boils.

DO NOT keep boiling the water. Remove from heat and dump in the 9x9 tin pan. Cover and put in the fridge.

IMG00123-20090918-1332.jpg

This next step is very important. Let the brats sit in the juice/veggie mix for at LEAST 12 hours. I recommend 24 hours of soaking.

After marinading them for 12-24 hours, get your grill fired up. Its best to use a charcoal grill, but if you are in a hurry, then gas is acceptable.

Remove the brats from the juice/veggie mix and place on a plate. Put the tin pan on the grill next to the grilling surface to re-heat the juice/veggie mix.

IMG00124-20090919-1812.jpg

Get everything hot, then stick the brats on the grill to cook for the last time. When they are done cooking on the actual grill, put them back in the juice/veggie mix to further soak up the broth that is in your warm tin pan. When all the brats are done and in the pan, eat your heart out. The veggies make a good topping.

IMG00125-20090919-1823.jpg

Enjoy!

• 2 months later...
Guest Bluemax

Snowed in and bored so I thought I would ressurect this thred. I p/u'ed a couple of Tbones that were on sale Friday and intended to have them last night but a blowout over my facebook page delayed it until tonight(Don't Ask). Anyway picked out a couple of Tbones on sale. My criteria for Tbones is to look for a large piece on the filet side and good marbling thru out the steak. Now this can be challenging with select grade steaks but if you take time to look at them you can find some good ones. OH yeah if it has a large piece on the filet side it's a Porterhouse regardless of what the label says

Anyway we decided to cook the steaks tonight, so after lighting the grill, I rubbed them down with Tiger seasoning and fresh ground black pepper. I put my steaks on north to south so I can turn them 45deg after a couple of minutes to get some cool char markes and when I do flip them1 time only) I spray then with liquid margerine. Now heres the trick, cook them until they are almost as done as you want then, pull them on a warm plate, butter them, cover them with aluminum foil and let them set for a few minutes. I like to have a sip of my favorite beverage while the steak rests, but thats up to you

Blue Out

Edited by Bluemax