What was for supper?

Guest jackdm3
Last night for dinner, after church, my GF and I went to "Los Sombrero" (Local Mexican Place like 4 steps from her condo door) and sat down to find that they were filming "Quiero Mi Boda" for MTV Tr3s. We had to sign a release to be on TV. The food was pretty good, too.

Alright, now. I'm getting confrused on the whole lunch/dinner/supper terminology bit. I believe Mike is to have us talk about supper-time fare of the "last big meal of the day" sort. Not dinner selections, often a term used by the country folk to refer to mid-day meals. For that, YOU FAIL. So to bring my previous post up to par, we had Guadalajara in Hernando last night, though I could hardly see what I was eating, due to the reasons mentioned above. For that, ME FAIL. I had a chicken chimi and decent rice with a Dr. Pepper, because their Coke/Pepsi's suck.

*This post was brought to you by a recovering on-topic/off-topic offender.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HvyMtl

Mike, Beano actually works well. Take before Chili and no gas. Does nothing for heart burn, though...

Los Sombrero is my local restaurant, too. The only place in town which has Fanta Orange mixed correctly... Love the Nachos with Beef, Beans, and Chorizo... I also recommend the Las Palmas further towards Nolensville in the Kroger Center. They have a Torta (Mexican for Submarine Sandwich.) It is the size of a football, and can be had with fajita steak, chicken, chorizo, etc., and is like $4.50... excellent.

Last night, I went to Logan's Roadhouse and had the 2 for $14.99 deal. Sirloin with cheese and bacon bits, side salad, and good mac and cheese (with bacon bits I added...) Pretty good amount of food for the price, and tasted good.

Supper. Can be flexible with schedule. Like we used to have Sunday Supper (typically around 2-3pm) when the family was larger and could get together... Dinner is usually later than 5pm.

Slightly off topic:

A great lunch deal? If you can get to Boca di Beppo - Coolsprings. (Italian food.) Get on their email. They send a $10 off $20 coupon about every month, and additional $10 off $20 can be had out of the newspaper. Take one coupon and go for lunch. Order off the Lunch menu - Smaller portions - designed to feed 1-2, instead of 2-3 or 4-6, as with their other dish sizes. With soft drinks, you can get out of there for under $20... Ask them to lightly toast or heat the bread in the oven... makes it better. Particularly wonderful if you happen to get there when the bread is just out of the oven...

Edited by HvyMtl
I never use the word "supper."

I hear it used frequently where I live (LaFollette) but I've never heard anyone in Knoxville reference "supper."

Always found the different language usage between home and work interesting. Rural area vs Knoxville and separated by only 40 miles or so. Even accents sound more "country" up here than they do in Knoxville.

dinner and supper are interchangable in my book.

I always thought of dinner as a big meal early in the day, neighbors of ours growing up had Sunday Dinner. Supper is definitely what my family sat down to in the evening when the old man came home from work. Dinner was a word not really used in our house.

At any rate to clarify, this thread is about what you had or are having as your evening meal. Call it what you may.

Guest Glock23ForMe

Mike Mods his own threads now.. :P Just to end the convo, my Grandpa calls a meal in the middle of the day, noon, dinner and then the evening meal supper. Tonight, the GF and I are gonna make something good to eat... I'll let you guys know.

Guest Glock23ForMe

Memphis is horrible..

The homemade meatloaf is in the oven. Along with green beans, macaroni, and mashed potatoes. I love my GF. :P

Edit: It was amazing

Edited by Glock23ForMe

no one needs to bash Memphis, it goes without saying.

I am having micowaved pizza leftover from the weekend, yuck. Piled it high with crushed red pepper, sort of helps.

You all just be glad I am not empowered with a banhammer :)

Guest Halfpint

Supper was : one (1) Dragon Stout, one (1) Sea Dog Apricot Wheat, one (1) Unibroue "La Fin du Monde," one (1) Irish car-bomb, and a brat on a hoagie roll . . . gotta love Saucer after work! KC had a Sea Dog Blueberry Wheat and goat cheese pizza.

Guest Glock23ForMe
I think I know who would be the first to go. I'm looking at you Glock23ForMe :wave:. Anyway I had spaghetti with mushroom and tomato sauce. It was pretty good.

Me?!!? Why me?!!?!

dinner and supper are interchangable in my book.

+1

No dinner tonight, drove straight through to Navarre Beach for a week of doing nothing, sitting by the beach listening to the waves whilst drinking cheap beer for supper...