New to NFA world. Opinions wanted

Hey guys, I've been kicking this idea around a while now and decided to go ahead and pick up 2 suppressors. I've only had experience with gemtech outback ii and yhm ti phantom. I'm wanting a dedicated 22 lr and another one for use on 300 win mag.

I've read many articles and reviews on several different models and makes.

Which 22lr suppressor would you recommend?

Same question for 300 win mag.

Thanks guys. Purchase will be made within 2 weeks

No but I lurk quite a bit over at the Sniper's Hide Forum and they say its one of the best rifle suppressors out there.  I don't have any yet but I am pretty set on the Thunderbeast for my 7mm Mag.  

I would recommend going to silencer research and spending the $30 for a 12 month membership. He has in depth test results of every suppressor made up to about 2011. They are in a easily searchable format to determine what is quietest or cheapest. $30 is worth it to save yourself from getting a crappy can.

You can go there and see the layout with a few free reviews.

He tests all the cans using the same standard so you can actually compare apples to apples. Manufacturers jade the tests to make their cans seem better than they are. A lot do not use any standard so it is hard to compare two cans that were not tested the same way, John Titsworth does.

• Like 1

I would recommend going to silencer research and spending the $30 for a 12 month membership. He has in depth test results of every suppressor made up to about 2011. They are in a easily searchable format to determine what is quietest or cheapest. $30 is worth it to save yourself from getting a crappy can.

You can go there and see the layout with a few free reviews.

He tests all the cans using the same standard so you can actually compare apples to apples. Manufacturers jade the tests to make their cans seem better than they are. A lot do not use any standard so it is hard to compare two cans that were not tested the same way, John Titsworth does.

Quality info right here!!! Thanks

+1 on the sparrow for the .22's. Not the quietest out there but sooooo easy to clean it more than makes up for the few DB you'll gain from the others.

Found a place that has one in stock and going to check it out.

I love my phantom but the mite has gotten on my last nerve.  I'm fine with the suppression but after having to make my own tool and use a vise to take it down, I lost it.  I'm going to be sending it in for a retrofit.  K baffles here I come. 

With a SS Sparrow you can also add gel to get rid of the first round pop as well as quiet it down. I know I have tried all kinds of lubricants, wire pulling gel, water and hand sanitizer. Believe it or not but the hand sanitizer works the best and it is really cheap too.

Not sure if I would use it with a aluminum or anything other than SS though.

I tested the sparrow yesterday and am picking it up. Having difficulty locating a yhm ti phantom anywhere locally though.

If you don't find one locally, I recommend silencershop in TX.  They have a Ti QD model in stock right now for $898.

The Phantom is a great can.  I have the stainless version which is a little on the heavy side but I shoot it from a bench.  POI shift is negligible and repeatable and I didn't pay a grand for it.  Suppression is great.  

I wouldn't bother with the silencerresearch site personally, as they are out of date on most stuff and you can get the same or better information for free from other places. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Justin@libertysuppressors

If you ever want to come demo some suppressors we are located in Trenton, Ga and do demos daily.