Anyone growing a beard?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest abailey362

clean shaved right now...normally have either a full goatee or beard. With facial hair, I only have to shave the rest of my face every other day, since the stubble blends in. With nothing on my face I have to shave every day now, but damn it was hot with the beard.

My wife actually likes me to have facial hair, because within 10 minutes of shaving, my face is like sandpaper when it's bare.

Ol Al IS an idiot with or without a Nobel Award.

Fixed that for you!

I had a beard from '78 to '91. Had to shave it for a new job. I quit that job in '01 and grew back a goatee. Still have it and keep it cut short. I think a 3 setting on my trimmer.

Edited by Volzfan
Guest Old goat

had one 30 years (except for about 2 months because of work) was very long in the early years, then I caught it on fire welding. Damn near slapped myself tp death putting it out.:koolaid:

had one 30 years (except for about 2 months because of work) was very long in the early years, then I caught it on fire welding. Damn near slapped myself tp death putting it out.:koolaid:

I laughed out loud for almost a minute after I read this.

Mine grows in brown and blonde.

SL370413.jpg

Guest Ghostrider

I've had my beard (except for a few months, here and there) since '92.

It's white with some off color spots in it. It was reddish-brown once... sigh...

I'm sure trying.

It's coming in blond and black.

SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWLY.

Not wanting to discourage you Cody, but most younger guys who have facial hair don't look more macho but instead more goofy. But if you really want it, go for it.

Not wanting to discourage you Cody, but most younger guys who have facial hair don't look more macho but instead more goofy. But if you really want it, go for it.

What you mean that upper lip shadow that you could only see at point blank when I was 12 looked goofy?

My problem is those patches that DO grow color. My hair has been going white since I was 24. That was great because it helped hide those white hair scar areas in my head from the shrapnel.

Ditto on the white hair thing. I'm 23 and have tons of gray. No shrapnel though. I can't grow a beard anymore because of my current job, but I can grow a goatee. That is going nicely and the ladies are giving it rave reviews.

:biglol:

Guest Verbal Kint

But then again, I'm probably not the one you are trying to attract. :D

Or are you? :biglol:

Not a fan of facial hair, myself. Or shaving, for that matter. Hated shaving every day in the military, and pretty much shave once a week at the moment. I let it get long enough that I can't stand it, then shave it off. Seriously tempted at looking into laser hair removal, if nothing more for my neck up to jaw line.

Done the goatee thing before, for 2 yrs or so. Tolerated that, but the wife (dating at the time) hated it... and still hates it whenever I get in a mood and sport one for a couple days, before shaving it off.

I agree with Mars, though... most young guys looks like douches when they try to sport a beard, and you have to have the right look to even pull off a goatee. Facial hair isn't for everyone, no matter what nature says.