Weed, fights and guns: Trayvon Martin’s text messages released

I'm very easy to reason with and I will sometimes concede to simple truth. I was just pointing a few things out to you, as your opinion, and the opinions of everyone else on here that think Zman is the greatest 2A poster child to ever walk the earth...I'm trying to get it sunk in to ya'lls heads, that there's other opinions on the subject. It seems ya'll cannot nor will not accept that. I don't want to be a part of the circle jerk. I have my own opinion on this case. Is that so hard to ******* understand? 

And my asinine post as you put it, was just merely to show you how to stay out of Zimmermans type of trouble. Simple basic rules is all. I live by them as they work very well for me.

Simple solution to your simple problem...don't read my post....hell they're only my opinion anyways.

Shock and Awe, Ground and Pound

Dave

I thought there was a few good things in that post. I don't agree with the way you apply it to this case, but do see how you can take your position. I'm still convinced you're wrong, but not scratching my head about why any more.

• Like 1

I just love to hear Internet badasses say "I would have just whooped that beanpole, I wouldn't have used my firearm" or "I just wouldn't have gotten in that situation"
It's to those I speak of, I submit this...

1) That's awesome, you fighter you. Chuck Norris would be proud. The fact of the matter is, this guy is on top of you, which would introduce leverage into the situation and it's not in your favor, regardless of weight. He's on top of you, banging your head against the concrete. Now, do you wait and wonder "Will I be able to toss him off of me before the next blow to the head? Or will the lights go out and it be the end of my life?" Or will you use your firearm? You're a fool if you still believe you're badass at that point. You think if you haven't fended him off by now that you'll somehow kick his tail after the next hard blow to the head? You won't, you'd fear for your life, and you'd stop the threat on your life. At least if you valued your own life. It's easy to say "he did this wrong" or "I woulda done this" but the fact is, if you were in the exact same spot, the result would be the same. Or....you could be dead, your choice

2) From what the evidence shows, the situation came to Zimmerman or he got surprised. Now, you may think you're some sort of spec ops ninja samurai and your situational awareness never drops, but you're wrong. Plain and simple. So please, spare us your complete and utter bullcrap. We can train all we want and we can be as aware as we want, but in most self defense situations you're going to be starting behind the curve. You're going to be reacting to someone else's actions.

There's a reasonable chance that Dave could have whipped his ass. He's not a dough boy like Z. Doesn't matter what Dave could do, though. His head didn't hit the concrete.

• Like 1
Guest nra37922

Not sure if anybody is watching today, but it sure seems like things are going well for the defense, and they haven't even started their case yet.

BSNBC Breaking News

GZ linked to KKK.  Early childhood Halloween photos of GZ show him in a white sheet with eyes cut out.   Prosecution to introduce photos as evidence.

Edited by nra37922

Based on the video that was taken just a day or two after the shooting, Zimmerman didn't appear to be a very big guy. It looks like he's gain 100 pounds since the shooting.

Which reminds me of a joke going around.. 

George: Trayvon, your eyes are red, you been smoking weed?

Trayvon: George, your eyes are glazed, has your fat ass been eating donuts?

Dave

• Like 1

Based on the video that was taken just a day or two after the shooting, Zimmerman didn't appear to be a very big guy. It looks like he's gain 100 pounds since the shooting.

My guess would be stress. You know, some people stop eating and lose, he may eat when he's stressed. I admit, I feel bad for the guy

Which reminds me of a joke going around.. 

George: Trayvon, your eyes are red, you been smoking weed?

Trayvon: George, your eyes are glazed, has your fat ass been eating donuts?

Dave

Except GZ isn't a cop, so it's not all that funny..  

• Moderators

Since when do you have to be a cop? I know alot of non cops that eat donuts. Plus, he's a wanna be cop..... 

Dave

A "wannabe cop" who turned down a uniform and a marked car, riiiight.

2) From what the evidence shows, the situation came to Zimmerman or he got surprised. Now, you may think you're some sort of spec ops ninja samurai and your situational awareness never drops, but you're wrong. Plain and simple. So please, spare us your complete and utter bullcrap. We can train all we want and we can be as aware as we want, but in most self defense situations you're going to be starting behind the curve. You're going to be reacting to someone else's actions.

The situation came to Zimmerman?  So someone made him stop his vehicle, get out and become involved in a foot pursuit of a person who was apparently not engaged in any illegal activity even after the police dispatcher advised him not to do so?  Wow, the force must have been really strong in that Trayvon character for him to make Zimmerman do all that just so he might get a chance to beat Zimmerman's head against the ground.

• Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

I'm not profiling this guy, but a caller to Hannity, some regular, a black guy I think, summed it up well enough about this.

"If TM would have just gone on to his Dad's house after the confrontation, we wouldn't be where we are, now." Not placing

the blame on him, but that would have ended much differently.

No one knows, except for the testimony, the uncontested testimony, that is, and the rest is just someone's theory. With that,

and the law, and the only living person involved in the incident, Florida law seems to line up on Zimmerman's side, whether

one likes it or not. That would be what is still called justice. Everything else, to me, seems like fluff.

Anything approaching a revelation happen today?

Not sure if anybody is watching today, but it sure seems like things are going well for the defense, and they haven't even started their case yet.

Greta opined that if it were her case, given the prosecution case so far, she'd not even present a defense, just charge the jury with the fact the state has not provided anything close to burden of proof.

- OS

Since when do you have to be a cop? I know alot of non cops that eat donuts. Plus, he's a wanna be cop..... 

Dave

Because it's funnier when you are talking about a cops when it comes to donuts.. Now if you want a joke about donuts, I knew some that went to DD and got pulled over by the cops that were at DD getting donuts.. 

The situation came to Zimmerman? So someone made him stop his vehicle, get out and become involved in a foot pursuit of a person who was apparently not engaged in any illegal activity even after the police dispatcher advised him not to do so? Wow, the force must have been really strong in that Trayvon character for him to make Zimmerman do all that just so he might get a chance to beat Zimmerman's head against the ground.

I'll repeat what I said, and highlight a couple of facts for you, since apparently you have either missed them, or are blissfully ignoring them.

The EVIDENCE shows the situation came to Zimmerman. The EVIDENCE shows that Martin doubled back, to confront Zimmerman, which is what led to Martin's shooting, regardless of how you feel/what you think. The EVIDENCE shows that in fact Zimmerman was never "advised to not follow Martin", a dispatcher told him they didn't need him to do that, per the 911 call. Which basically means squat. He broke no laws by stopping his truck or keeping an eye on Martin, the only law broken that started the ball rolling was Trayvon jumping Zimmerman. So, please, tell me again about this "force" you speak of. Besides any of this, if Zimmerman broke no laws (which there has been no EVIDENCE to say he has), and presented no threat to make Martin fear for his life, he was justified to end Martin's life with his firearm to protect his own. That's what the EVIDENCE shows. Edited by KKing
  • Like 2
A "foot pursuit"???

You know, I always thought that a pursuer would be chasing someone...apparently however, it must mean that pursuer is the person who is returning to his vehicle and is then attacked including having his bead beat into the sidewalk.

I'm so glad we've cleared up the definition of "pursuit". ;)

I'll repeat what I said, and highlight a couple of facts for you, since apparently you have either missed them, or are blissfully ignoring them.

The EVIDENCE shows the situation came to Zimmerman. The EVIDENCE shows that Martin doubled back, to confront Zimmerman, which is what led to Martin's shooting, regardless of how you feel/what you think. The EVIDENCE shows that in fact Zimmerman was never "advised to not follow Martin", a dispatcher told him they didn't need him to do that, per the 911 call. Which basically means squat. He broke no laws by stopping his truck or keeping an eye on Martin, the only law broken that started the ball rolling was Trayvon jumping Zimmerman. So, please, tell me again about this "force" you speak of. Besides any of this, if Zimmerman broke no laws (which there has been no EVIDENCE to say he has), and presented no threat to make Martin fear for his life, he was justified to end Martin's life with his firearm to protect his own. That's what the EVIDENCE shows.

You forgot to mention that all the evidence presented so far that corroborates Zimmerman's story is coming from the prosecution...kind of makes you wonder just what evidence they actually thought they had to justify any charges; much less Murder 2. Edited by RobertNashville

You forgot to mention that all the evidence presented so far that corroborates Zimmerman's story is coming from the prosecution...kind of makes you wonder just what evidence they actually thought they had to justify any charges; much less Murder 2.

I keep tellin' ya. It was all about thunder thighs getting reelected. :)