Weed, fights and guns: Trayvon Martin’s text messages released

Your right I was misinformed.  2nd degree murder and manslaughter are the charges

Can't find anywhere that he is formally charged with manslaughter, only that it is a possible outcome, but don't know the procedure for that. Might actually take a plea deal to even do it at this point.

Here's actual docket charge or whatever you call it:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/page/charges-george-zimmerman-16123710

- OS

Can't find anywhere that he is formally charged with manslaughter, only that it is a possible outcome, but don't know the procedure for that. Might actually take a plea deal to even do it at this point.

- OS

Not sure about Florida law, but could that be an option offered to the jury when they receive their instructions from the court right before they deliberate?  

Dave

- OS

I wouldn't cop a plea now. The money is already spent, and the state has already shot off most of their own toes. At this point, go for the win.

Edited by mikegideon

Not sure about Florida law, but could that be an option offered to the jury when they receive their instructions from the court right before they deliberate?  

Dave

The instructions to the jury will be more like, "you can't give George a hug until after the trial is over". 

• Like 3

I think under florida law the judge will decide what charges are presented to the jury at the time of jury instructions...  So the Judge MAY allow the jury to consider manslaughter and 2nd degree murder, that isn't for sure either way yet...  or at least that is my laypersons understanding.

- OS

- OS

I don't believe he was ever charged with manslaughter but according to our friend Andrew the attorney; the jury will be able to consider manslaughter in their deliberations.

Even so, manslaughter can, if I understand FL law correctly, carry a term of 20 years so I think the state would have to make one hell of a plea offer to get Zimmerman to take one on manslaughter.  Plus, let's not forget the primary reason I believe Zimmerman is on trial in the first place; that being that he is a "white-Hispanic" and sweet little Trayvon which brought in all the race baiters who basically bullied the state into shopping for a DA who would bring charges...if the state offers a plea of any kind but especially of less than Murder 2  will that placate the haters who are threatening to kill Zimmerman themselves if he walks?

I don't know...maybe all the threats are just threats and shouldn't be taken seriously but given how this whole thing has played out to eve get to this point I've got to believe that at least some in state government/prosecution team has to be thinking about the possibilities.

I don't believe he was ever charged with manslaughter but according to our friend Andrew the attorney; the jury will be able to consider manslaughter in their deliberations.

Even so, manslaughter can, if I understand FL law correctly, carry a term of 20 years so I think the state would have to make one hell of a plea offer to get Zimmerman to take one on manslaughter.  Plus, let's not forget the primary reason I believe Zimmerman is on trial in the first place; that being that he is a "white-Hispanic" and sweet little Trayvon which brought in all the race baiters who basically bullied the state into shopping for a DA who would bring charges...if the state offers a plea of any kind but especially of less than Murder 2  will that placate the haters who are threatening to kill Zimmerman themselves if he walks?

I don't know...maybe all the threats are just threats and shouldn't be taken seriously but given how this whole thing has played out to eve get to this point I've got to believe that at least some in state government/prosecution team has to be thinking about the possibilities.

It wasn't JUST race baiters. Our gun hating media gave it an extra special boost as well. I watched this crap when it first hit Facebook. ALL of the gun haters wanted to fry Z with no evidence. Had nothing to do with race or skittles.

Wow. I just watched the Johnathon Good testimony this morning and now I'm watching the expert pundit on NBC Sanford local TV.  It's like he's describing a totally different witness!  The NBC expert is incredibly biased in favor of the prosecution. I'm amazed! Even the NBC announcer is saying "Emails are coming in saying this testimony supports Zimmerman's case."

I am really stunned. This was so overtly biased. I can understand pundits showing bias much later, but this guy assumes we're too stupid to listen and figure it out for ourselves. This is a huge disservice to the Sanford community. They really need balance down there.

Edited by jgradyc

It wasn't JUST race baiters. Our gun hating media gave it an extra special boost as well. I watched this crap when it first hit Facebook. ALL of the gun haters wanted to fry Z with no evidence. Had nothing to do with race or skittles.

Well, true...I didn't mean to leave them out of it.  Haters are going to hate and people, gun haters and gun lovers alike aren't immune from jumping to conclusions; sometimes even arriving at the same conclusion but through very different routs.

I'm not sure, however, that the press/gun-haters would have been able to push the State of FL into a trial if the race baiters hadn't been involved...of course, we'll never know.

Wow. I just watched the Johnathon Good testimony this morning and now I'm watching the expert pundit on NBC Sanford local TV.  It's like he's describing a totally different witness!  The NBC expert is incredibly biased in favor of the prosecution. I'm amazed! Even the NBC announcer is saying "Emails are coming in saying this testimony supports Zimmerman's case."

I am really stunned. This was so overtly biased. I can understand pundits showing bias much later, but this guy assumes we're too stupid to listen and figure it out for ourselves. This is a huge disservice to the Sanford community. They really need balance down there.

Well if I remember correctly these commentators also glossed the complete lies of "Dee-dee" or whatever her real name is.

She claimed she had written this letter to Trayvon's mother but when the defense asked her to read a part of he she couldn't and finally admitted that she couldn't read cursive...now how the hell can you write cusrive but not read it???  She's has ZERO credibility and I really hope the jury remembers her lies and uses them to weigh her other "sworn testimony".

• Like 1
Guest Lester Weevils
Jeantel said TM was calling her from behind the father's girlfriend's house. That house was at the south end of the neighborhood. Yet the altercation as seen by witnesses and confirmed by the location of the body was 120 yards north, only a few yards away from where GZ had parked his truck. If Jeantel's testimony was truthful, for some reason TM went from the safety of the house 120 yards back towards Zimmerman.

Either the state's #1 witness is lying or Martin went back towards Zimmerman's truck.

I'm not certain that this is controversial. Only a couple of weeks after the incident, some website which I can't recall, dissected essentially that timeline from the timing/content of the ZMan calls, girlfriend calls, and 911 witness calls, with maps and diagrams. It was discussed "at the time" here on TGO.

As best I recall, something like-- TM is spied by ZMan, ZMan calls the popo and gets out of the truck to check him out. TM notices the scrutiny and takes off toward home and ZMan goes looking to see where he went. Then TM gets home and decides to come back and confront the fella. Am guessing TM might have got mad about some weird guy scoping him out, as motivation for going back and confrontation. I don't view this as OBVIOUS PROOF of thuggishness on TM's part, because in my youth, though I was not a tush-hog, saw fist fights come about for stupider and more trivial stuff than this, among middle class young'n'dumb football players and such, who eventually grew up about as normal as anybody else.

Another wild guess is cultural "misunderstanding". ZMan is a "relatively small town" fella and TM comes from Miami. From ZMan's perspective TM is a sneak thief, and from TM's perspective maybe ZMan looks like a local banger or drug dealer who presents an eventual threat possibly protecting his turf, and therefore ZMan needs to be dealt with. Nip it in the bud.

No. HE'S too stupid to listen and figure it out.

Well, true...I didn't mean to leave them out of it.  Haters are going to hate and people, gun haters and gun lovers alike aren't immune from jumping to conclusions; sometimes even arriving at the same conclusion but through very different routs.

I'm not sure, however, that the press/gun-haters would have been able to push the State of FL into a trial if the race baiters hadn't been involved...of course, we'll never know.

Wouldn't have happened without the media. They drove the whole thing.

J. Jackson would tell us that all crackers are guilty.

Welp the whole "all crackers are guilty & all blacks are victims" mentality is the basic premise of black liberation theology, which unfortunately has become more & more mainstream thinking the last few years thanks to the bump it received from Barry/Barrak being a follower of it.

It is essentially Marxism with a racial twist, ie: white people are the oppressors, blacks & other minorities are the oppressed, the solution is to collapse/destroy the entire oppressive political & economic infrastructure of the entire oppresssive system, all of it, so that it can be rebuilt anew.

I've seen the damage "chicano liberation theology" has done in South America, if black liberation is successful here I fully expect the similar results in this country, it is a very hateful & extremely destructive ideology that pits a nations people against each other.

It works the same as Marxism, by promising the "have nots" what the "haves" have, which as you can imagine is popular within the "have nots" not so popular with the "haves".

"Social Justice" as demonstrated in this Justice for Trayvon Circus is a central part of black liberation theology that is the only reason I bothered to delve into it at all in this thread.

Well if I remember correctly these commentators also glossed the complete lies of "Dee-dee" or whatever her real name is.

She claimed she had written this letter to Trayvon's mother but when the defense asked her to read a part of he she couldn't and finally admitted that she couldn't read cursive...now how the hell can you write cusrive but not read it???  She's has ZERO credibility and I really hope the jury remembers her lies and uses them to weigh her other "sworn testimony".

Rachel didn't write it, a friend wrote it for her, because Rachel simply ain't sharp enough to do it.  However, she did attest it was the true account by signing it as official affidavit. 

So she attested it was correct even though she couldn't read it.

- OS

Rachel didn't write it, a friend wrote it for her, because Rachel simply ain't sharp enough to do it.  However, she did attest it was the true account by signing it as official affidavit. 

- OS

Me thinks Rachel is a wart on the scrotum of society

• Like 2

- OS

I'd have to go back and listen to her testimony to be sure but I'm pretty sure she stated that she "wrote it" and specifically wanted to pass it off as if she had actually written it because she didn't want to admit that she couldn't read.

Maybe a small point but if she purposely lied about that I don't see why anyone should believe anything else she has to say especially when you throw in the rest of her ridiculous testimony.

Seems our boy Zman was taking MMA training 3 days a week. According to his doctors testimony anyways. And a 140 lb kid kicked his azz? I hope he gets his money back!

Dave

That was reported a long time ago. The "trainer" at the MMA location was/is scheduled to testify that Zimmerman was so "soft and unfit" that he would not allow Zimmerman in the ring. 

• Like 2

The more I see, the more obvious it is why they didn't charge Zim. Hell, they gave him a 4.5 hour grilling without his even asking for a lawyer apparently. Daily it looks more and more clear that the local call on part of police/DA to not charge him was correct and reasonable.

- OS

• Like 6

The more I see, the more obvious it is why they didn't charge Zim. Hell, they gave him a 4.5 hour grilling without his even asking for a lawyer apparently. Daily it looks more and more clear that the local call on part of police/DA to not charge him was correct and reasonable.

- OS

Yeah, it's beyond obvious that the prosecution is grasping big time.

• Like 1