Weed, fights and guns: Trayvon Martin’s text messages released

What about three lesson that we all teach our kids about not talking to strangers? If Martin felt that he was being followed by a "creepy ass cracker" wouldn't that be cause to disengage? Secondly, just as Zimmermann wasn't required by law to stay in his vehicle, Martin wasn't required to stand there and be interrogated by a stranger.

Yes, we teach that to our kids, but he's not a kid anymore, instead of calling police he calls some broad in Miami to tell her that he is being followed. Why didn't he call 911 and say there's a guy in X vehicle that is following me. Just saying, this goes both ways, not saying the results were correct or either party did the right thing. Just saying, that both parties could handled it better and the outcome could have been different. 

• Like 1

Not a justification but,
With younger people it's a generic term. Don't hold as much power as when said by some of the older types. Some of these guys must be pretending to be out of touch with todays youth.

Do you think he's guilty of murder 2 or a lesser crime?

Assuming he didn't start the fight I'm not sure what crime he could be guilty of.

I copied the wrong quote. I meant to copy the one where you said he was guilty. Edited by Erik88
Guest 6.8 AR

If you're gonna hate racism, you need to hate all of it. I get pretty sick of trying to hold myself to a higher standard.

That was my point, also, Mike. It's all or nothing. The race card being played by one party is bogus since there

is no evidence of it. So far, just all contrived, and stereotypes have been used by that woman in her own testimony.

I can't wait to see the rest of the prosecution's case. There had better be something substantive, down the road.

The prosecution team are a bunch of pikers if this is their best shot.

Okay, here's s question that could be asked again to the previous witness, if the current witness says they couldn't differentiate people arguing, how could someone in Miami, tell the difference who was screaming..  

Guest nra37922

He'll have to...but how can he hide?  

Dave

Why should he have to move or hide? 

Maybe our white-African-American leader should have a press conference after the not guilty verdict and tell all the racists to stand the frick down.  This would go a long way to offset his tendency to lay blame first and get the facts later in racial matters. 

Guest 6.8 AR

Assuming he didn't start the fight I'm not sure what crime he could be guilty of.

I copied the wrong quote. I meant to copy the one where you said he was guilty.

When you become a parent, this kind of thing scares the Hell out of you. I imagine there is some empathy and

some experience, or at least observations that color some people's views that you might not have experienced.

And don't misunderstand me, I still think there should be a verdict of not guilty at the end, but people digest things

based on their experiences. It's all about why we are all different from one another. In the end, reason and logic

takes hold if justice is permitted.

I also would be distraught if it was my child who was killed, even if he started it, but mine would be directed at

what could I have done differently to prevent it. So, I guess I would have to empathise with TM's family, in that

respect, regardless of what I think of them.

It still has to break the threshold of guilt on Zimmerman's behalf and that's something I just don't see. I don't see

how the prosecution can prove a shred of that. It's just another tragic story of how our society keeps going in

the gutter.

Maybe our white-African-American leader should have a press conference after the not guilty verdict and tell all the racists to stand the frick down.  This would go a long way to offset his tendency to lay blame first and get the facts later in racial matters. 

Obama promotes racism in his own subtle way. In my humble opinion, it's MUCH worse now than before he became king.

• Like 1

Anybody still watching the live feed?  What exactly is this witness (Columbian Blonde) providing evidence wise, by her own admission she didn't even go outside until after the shooting.

The states case seems very weak to me.

Ask 6.8...he said it, all I did was agree with him, didn't you read that?  But I'll go ahead and answer; because he'll never be able to live a normal life if he stays in Sanford.

Dave

I'll play....Lesser crime.

Dave

Lesser crime. He did some stupid things and the situation escalated faster than he expected. Could have happened to anyone.

When you become a parent, this kind of thing scares the Hell out of you. I imagine there is some empathy and
some experience, or at least observations that color some people's views that you might not have experienced.
And don't misunderstand me, I still think there should be a verdict of not guilty at the end, but people digest things
based on their experiences. It's all about why we are all different from one another. In the end, reason and logic

I also would be distraught if it was my child who was killed, even if he started it, but mine would be directed at
what could I have done differently to prevent it. So, I guess I would have to empathise with TM's family, in that

It still has to break the threshold of guilt on Zimmerman's behalf and that's something I just don't see. I don't see
how the prosecution can prove a shred of that. It's just another tragic story of how our society keeps going in
the gutter.

Well said.

Obama promotes racism in his own subtle way. In my humble opinion, it's MUCH worse now than before he became king.

I don't think that it's worse. I believe it to be the same. I think that people are more vocal About racial issues because they are frustrated.

the gutter.

Very well said!

Dave

What specific act did he commit in your mind that made him have culpable negligence in this case?

Stalking and terrorizing a citizen who had as much right as Zimmerman to be walking around that neighborhood. To put you on notice, I won't be interrogated either. I will continue reading and respond to the post of my choosing. If your questions or my answers had some real bearing on the trial I would be happy to oblige.
  • Like 1

...Assuming he didn't start the fight I'm not sure what crime he could be guilty of.

He wouldn't be guilty of anything except perhaps poor judgment in getting out of his truck.

There are nuances here that I don't have time to go into at the moment but bottom line is that if Martin started the physical confrontation and if Zimmerman was in legitimate fear for his life or serious injury (which I don't think there is a lot of disagreement on whether he was in legitimate fear for his life) then Zimmerman's use of deadly force was justified and he isn't guilty of anything.

I don't care that Martin may have felt "disrespected" or insulted or didn't like being followed by this "crazy-ass cracker" or not because none of that would have justified the kind of vicious attack that Zimmerman appears to have been the recipient of.

There is still plenty of things we don't know and we are only four days into what is likely going to be a lengthily trial but the witnesses the prosecution has put on the stand so far haven't given me any reason to not believe Zimmerman's version of events that night.

Edited by RobertNashville

What specific act did he commit in your mind that made him have culpable negligence in this case? 

He followed a 17 year old, and allowed that 17 year old armed with only a sidewalk, to jump out of the bushes and beat his ass with the sidewalk. He "neglected" to exercise his "situational awareness". J/K by the way....... 

Dave

Stalking and terrorizing a citizen who had as much right as Zimmerman to be walking around that neighborhood. To put you on notice, I won't be interrogated either. I will continue reading and respond to the post of my choosing. If your questions or my answers had some real bearing on the trial I would be happy to oblige.

^^^^This. 

Dave