Weed, fights and guns: Trayvon Martin’s text messages released

Something like 'I'sa member that Big T, thats what I'sa colded em sayen Leezee he gat a gun and he gonan cap me'

I am absolutely appalled!

How dare you make fun of people who intentionally butcher the english language!

You sir are the worst kind of person in the world, this sort of thing should not be mocked or ridiculed, it should be embraced & encouraged.
  • Like 1

I will maintain that Zimmerman's initial actions of pursuing/following Martin cased the deadly chain reaction and were unnecessary.

But does being a "busy-body" make him guilty of 2nd degree murder? &/or causes him to forfiet his right to use deadly force in order to defend himself from SBI/death?

No...No...No...you don't understand; Zimmerman is a "white-Hispanic" so it's likely he doesn't eat tacos.  ;)

:shake:

First of all, not all Hispanics are Mexicans and not all Hispanics eat Tacos. My parents are Dominican (Dominican Republic, you know that little country that won the WBC this year) and we eat other things and tortillas are not in our diet. There's no such thing as "white-Hispanic", there's Hispanic that has a white skin complexion or you can say what their nationality background is: Mexican, Puerto Rican, Dominican, etc.. 

And not every spanish speaker is Mexican or speaks Mexican, it's "Spanish". :hat:

Edited by Joseg
  • Like 2

But does being a "busy-body" make him guilty of 2nd degree murder? &/or causes him to forfiet his right to use deadly force in order to defend himself from SBI/death?

I don't think he is guilty of 2nd degree murder.  First degree stupidity maybe, maybe manslaughter. I will stand on this though; had Zman STAYED in his hoopty, monitored the situation and then let the police handle it, he would not be in the mess he is in now! He chose those actions and he alone did so. That's my stand and I have no pity for him. If the jury says not guilty, good for him and I can live with that. If they find him guilty, so be it...I can live with that too!

Dave S

So you don't believe he is guilty of 2nd degree murder, but since he got out of his truck you are "ok" with it if the jury finds him guilty of 2nd degree murder?

You really should seek professional help man ...

I don't think he is guilty of 2nd degree murder. First degree stupidity maybe, maybe manslaughter. I will stand on this though; had Zman STAYED in his hoopty, monitored the situation and then let the police handle it, he would not be in the mess he is in now! He chose those actions and he alone did so. That's my stand and I have no pity for him. If the jury says not guilty, good for him and I can live with that. If they find him guilty, so be it...I can live with that too!

Dave S

• Like 2

I don't dispute any of the verifiable facts of this case. I do still question what really happened during the initial physical confrontation between Zimmerman and Martin. I hope that the truth regarding the attack will come out during the trial.

If you will go back to the first epic thread, you will recall that my issue with Zimmerman was the fact that he got the ball rolling on this incident. I still FEEL very strongly that had Zimmerman simply notified the police, provided a good description and direction of travel of the suspicious person his life wouldn't be in turmoil.

If Martin circled back on Zimmerman, thrashed him and then proceeded to bang Zimmerman's head against the sidewalk causing Zimmerman to fear for his life and shoot Martin in the process, I understand. With that being said, I will maintain that Zimmerman's initial actions of pursuing/following Martin cased the deadly chain reaction and were unnecessary.

I'd say he "got the ball rolling" the moment he first spotted Martin and called it in (and I would expect a good citizen to do exactly that whether hs is part of a neighborhood watch group or not) - had he done what most people do he woudl have just ignored it and went to whatver store he was heading to at the time.

He could have stayed in his truck and probably shouldn't have gotten out of his truck but the 911 tape of Zimmerman's call indicates he was returning to his truck and if he was, then it's pretty difficult for him to have concurrently stated the physical altercation with Martin and if he didn't start it, it seems pretty clear to me who did.

Some seem to think that just because he initially got out of his trurk it's fine and dandy the he go to jail for the rest of his life on Murder 2 (even if they don't think he's actually guilty of Murder 2)...that seems an odd stand to take from my viewpoint but I guess to each his own.  Doing something illegal is a reasn to be charged and found guilty; doing something stupid is not and if is is, most everyone on this forum would qualify for some jail time.

Edited by RobertNashville

First of all, not all Hispanics are Mexicans and not all Hispanics eat Tacos. My parents are Dominican (Dominican Republic, you know that little country that won the WBC this year) and we eat other things and tortillas are not in our diet. There's no such thing as "white-Hispanic", there's Hispanic that has a white skin complexion or you can say what their nationality background is: Mexican, Puerto Rican, Dominican, etc.. 

And not every spanish speaker is Mexican or speaks Mexican, it's "Spanish". :hat:

There absolutel ARE "white-Hispanics"...the news media says so; it's got to be true.

Further, you know as well as I do that all "Hispanics" are exactly the same whcih is why the media made up the word...I mean...why be all that precise when it's unnecessary???   ;)

There absolutel ARE "white-Hispanics"...the news media says so; it's got to be true.

Further, you know as well as I do that all "Hispanics" are exactly the same whcih is why the media made up the word...I mean...why be all that precise when it's unnecessary???   ;)

This is actually absolutely true. It also explains why I owe reparations to the descendants of the slaves my family owned since we are white. Never minding of course the fact that my family didn't even come to America until the 1960's and were poor white Irishmen before that.

Well said Robert.
  • Like 1

Couple things,  there are actually white hispanics.  For census data the US does not consider hispanic a race rather it is an ethnicity many LE departments reports are written up this whay to where they have a block for race and another for ethnicity.  So a white person having origins in latin america, mexico etc would be considered a white hispanic  white denoting race and hispanic noting ethnicity.  just as a black person having origins in the same country would be a black hispanic.

On a more important note at least we can all settle the caliber debate once and for all.  a 9mm from a keltec incapacitated a person in one shot.  :)-

• Like 1

Couple things,  there are actually white hispanics.  For census data the US does not consider hispanic a race rather it is an ethnicity many LE departments reports are written up this whay to where they have a block for race and another for ethnicity.  So a white person having origins in latin america, mexico etc would be considered a white hispanic  white denoting race and hispanic noting ethnicity.  just as a black person having origins in the same country would be a black hispanic.

On a more important note at least we can all settle the caliber debate once and for all.  a 9mm from a keltec incapacitated a person in one shot.   :)-

Actually; that makes perfect sense as I've filled out many documents that list "white" as a race and "Hispanic" is a selection under ethnicity.  That said, however, I have a suspicion that all the news services, even though today, are calling Zimmerman a "white-Hispanic" not to be precise but rather to serve an agenda of furthering the race bating. After all, it sounds a much more interesting story to get "white" in there when Martin is black that it would to just call Zimmerman an "Hispanic".

As to the caliber issue; a .22 can do the job quite nicely too under the right circumstances; that doesn't mean I would want to carry on as a primary EDC weapon. ;)

Hmm, Going to side track a little. No, not all Latinos are created the same, not all come here to mooch off the system, not all want to take over the US and not conform to the American way of life.. Reason why we have this issue is due to Organizations like La Raza and other Hispanic Organizations that supposively are the voice for a latinos in the US, which is a bunch of BS, they are the voice of one bunch that want their hsit back. 

Why be precise? Because I'm tired of getting bunch in with the idiots and tired of the PC world we live in. 

• Like 1

Hmm, Going to side track a little. No, not all Latinos are created the same, not all come here to mooch off the system, not all want to take over the US and not conform to the American way of life.. Reason why we have this issue is due to Organizations like La Raza and other Hispanic Organizations that supposively are the voice for a latinos in the US, which is a bunch of BS, they are the voice of one bunch that want their hsit back. 

Why be precise? Because I'm tired of getting bunch in with the idiots and tired of the PC world we live in. 

I'm getting the sense that you have mistaken what I intended to be sarcism/levity for serious statements. ;)

I don't disagree with whave you've stated, however.

Warning: Not being racist or prejuice of a race, just speaking the truth

See, there's no white or black in Latin america, you are from that country. But I guess people up here are that smart that can't figure that out, thanks to a certain group that can't figure out what they want to be called: African-American, Black American, Black, Negroes, Brothers, etc.  BTW, most Latinos, usually go by their Country of Origin, so in my case my parents are Dominicans, but I was born here, but I still consider myself Dominican due to my parents. 

But just want to make sure every knows, I did my time manning the walls and will do it over if need be. 

Edited by Joseg
  • Like 2

You are attempting to stifle the ability of the ignorant to be ignorant. You would think that even he average nut case would know these well known facts. You have to know your stereotypes if you are going to be in the people hating business.
  • Like 1

I'd say he "got the ball rolling" the moment he first spotted Martin and called it in (and I would expect a good citizen to do exactly that whether hs is part of a neighborhood watch group or not) - had he done what most people do he woudl have just ignored it and went to whatver store he was heading to at the time.

He could have stayed in his truck and probably shouldn't have gotten out of his truck but the 911 tape of Zimmerman's call indicates he was returning to his truck and if he was, then it's pretty difficult for him to have concurrently stated the physical altercation with Martin and if he didn't start it, it seems pretty clear to me who did.

Some seem to think that just because he initially got out of his trurk it's fine and dandy the he go to jail for the rest of his life on Murder 2 (even if they don't think he's actually guilty of Murder 2)...that seems an odd stand to take from my viewpoint but I guess to each his own.  Doing something illegal is a reasn to be charged and found guilty; doing something stupid is not and if is is, most everyone on this forum would qualify for some jail time.

I don't believe that most people would have ignored suspicious activity in their neighborhoods. Including myself,I know several people who have called the SCSO when we've seen something out of place. We also used the good judgement not to investigate and allow the pros to do what the taxpayers pay them to do.

In my opinion, there would have been nothing wrong had Zimmerman lost sight of Martin prior to the arrival of the police. A couple of things might have happened besides Zimmerman's shooting of Martin. Martin might have gone home. The police might have found Martin, investigated his presence and made the determination whether Martin was/wasn't a threat to the neighborhood. Martin might have broken into someones condo and gotten himself killed anyway.

No...No...No...you don't understand; Zimmerman is a "white-Hispanic" so it's likely he doesn't eat tacos. ;)

And not all non-taco eating Hispanics know tongue-in-cheek when they read it.
I have stayed out of the discussions about the case until now but have followed the case and these threads closely. I have watched the live coverage the past 2 days, and one thing that really caught my attention today is that the CSI tech admitted they did not spray the grass/sidewalk for blood, just looked for obvious blood evidence using flashlights. This was up to a couple hours after the fight/shooting and it had been "drizzling" rain during that time.

I sent Andrew a tweet, would really like his and others thoughts on the way the crime scene was investigated. It sounded like several pieces of evidence were not fully/correctly processed? Swabbed but not sent to a lab, etc? Did I understand correctly? Edited by jonathon1289

I have stayed out of the discussions about the case until now but have followed the case and these threads closely. I have watched the live coverage the past 2 days, and one thing that really caught my attention today is that the CSI tech admitted they did not spray the grass/sidewalk for blood, just looked for obvious blood evidence using flashlights. This was up to a couple hours after the fight/shooting and it had been "drizzling" rain during that time.

I sent Andrew a tweet, would really like his and others thoughts on the way the crime scene was investigated. It sounded like several pieces of evidence were not fully/correctly processed? Swapped but not sent to a lab, etc? Did I understand correctly?

Yes, you understood correctly.

With that being said, there are some who wouldn't care if the police planted evidence. Afterall, if Zimmerman hadn't stepped foot out of his vehicle, there would've not been a reason for evidence.
  • Like 2

Yes, you understood correctly.

With that being said, there are some who wouldn't care if the police planted evidence. Afterall, if Zimmerman hadn't stepped foot out of his vehicle, there would've not been a reason for evidence.

I was avoiding that can of worms. :)

Btw I meant Swabbed not swapped. Auto correct on my phone...

IF you thought her cross was bad for the prosecution you should be watching ms bahadoors cross if your not already.  

watching this trial is almost as entertaining as watching the walking dead.

Edited by c.a.willard
  • Like 1