Weed, fights and guns: Trayvon Martin’s text messages released

Well, a number of statements like this one, though:

Lead me to wonder how this obsessive dual viewpoint developed -- maybe years of bad splo floating around Clarksville or something? :)

- OS

Let me clarify........I SUPPORT TM based on certain facts. I ALSO (based on facts) OPINE, FEEL, BELEIVE, PRAY, WISH (you pick the words here) that ZMAN IS NOT GUILTY of MURDER 2. Does that suit ya'll? Manslaughter YES. Murder 2 NO!

DaveS

WD

Let me clarify........I SUPPORT TM based on certain facts. I ALSO (based on facts) OPINE, FEEL, BELEIVE, PRAY, WISH (you pick the words here) that ZMAN IS NOT GUILTY of MURDER 2. Does that suit ya'll? Manslaughter YES. Murder 2 NO!

DaveS

WD

Facts like Trayvon; the junked up thug-want-a-be who was trying to get a gun and had already been found with a burglary tool and had been kicked out of school (I guess because he was such a nice young man) was spotted by Zimmerman as suspicious; and likely reasonably so because Martin may well have been scoping out his next burglary house (unless you think he was looking into peoples windows for some other reason)?   Or maybe it's that Trayvon illegally started a violent confrontation (which under most circumstances should have put HIM in jail for a long time) that necessitated Zimmerman making a justified SD shoot?  Are those the facts you mean?

In other threads, you've hinted of having more than a layman's knowledge of the law; as such, how can you believe that Zimmerman is not guilty or murder but is guilty of manslaughter?  Perhaps I'm wrong but as I understand the law in FL and in most states; if Zimmerman's use of deadly force was justified under FL self-defense statute then he cannot be guilty of anything (except perhaps bad judgment)...if he was justified under self-defense then he was justified...it's no longer a criminal act.

Even if I'm wrong about the above - even if he could be not guilty of murder but legally guilty of manslaughter; saying you are opposed to one but for the other still makes little sense considering the virtually non-existent difference in sentences between the two charges.  Being in favor of one but not the other makes about as much logical sense as being opposed to the death sentence if the lethal injection is by one set of chemical mixture but just fine with it if the chemical cocktail has one less ingredient as if the end result is any different!

I honestly don't know why this particular issue/trial engenders such passion in so many, myself or anyone else.

Maybe for me it's because of guilt or innocence, I absolutely believe that this trial is unfair on its face because I believe it's wholly the result of race-baiting assholes and spineless politicians...maybe because I just don't like seeing someone who was only trying to help his community be railroaded for doing what, at the end of the day, I believe was the right thing....maybe I'm just being selfish and glad that Zimmerman pulled the trigger and eliminated a thug that someday may have threatened me.  Whatever it is, I truly can't understand some of the completely illogical statements and positions (some positions held even in the face of trial evidence that contradicts those positions) held by some here.

I'm sorry if I've offended you Dave, I really am...but I just don't understand, with regards to this case, how or why you believe what you believe or some of the statements you've made....I guess at the end of the day it's not important that I do. :-\

Edited by RobertNashville

The risk isn't limited to Memphis...  There is a lot of zimmerman and zimmerman riot traffic on twitter coming from Jackson, and Nashville as well.

Most of the fine citizens of memphis don't need an excuse to riot. 

• Like 2

Facts like Trayvon; the junked up thug-want-a-be who was trying to get a gun and had already been found with a burglary tool and had been kicked out of school (I guess because he was such a nice young man)

I would agree with you Robert, (I do agree with a lot of what you say here) but, Zman knew none of this about TM. The facts that you mention about TM Is not relevant to this case and is the reason the judge would not allow that to be brought into evidence. The same reason she would not allow the Prosecutor to bring GZ's past record into evidence, because it was not relevant to this case. Neither TM or GZ had been convicted of any crime that "I" can find. If they have a police record please share.

DS

WD

It's everywhere. The hair on my neck is gonna be up for a few days.

Yup

Edited by DaveS

Locked and loaded here. This is not a drill.

I've already clearly communicated to my beautiful and petite spouse that she will not be going to Walmart without a bodyguard (me) for the run-up to and aftermath of the Zimmerman verdict.

These circumstances have already extracted a renewed promise from her to acquire her Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit so she can carry her own weapon legally. (!!)

If you have an umbrella near at hand, it probably won't rain that day.

• Like 2
Guest 6.8 AR

If you hear a string of gunfire that just doesn't quit, you'll know that they made it to 6.8 AR's front porch :)

Got a gun poking out every window. :D They're marching down Madison Street. Tercel is working overtime and

the liberal lady mayor has fled the city.

Got a gun poking out every window. :D They're marching down Madison Street. Tercel is working overtime and

You're far enough away from Kraft Street. You should be fine.
Guest 6.8 AR

Update on Channel 4 News (working for you).

I'm sure they'll have it as started with a white hispanic coming out of Governor's Square Mall with a grenade, and

spewing expletives.

Locked and loaded here. This is not a drill.

I've already clearly communicated to my beautiful and petite spouse that she will not be going to Walmart without a bodyguard (me) for the run-up to and aftermath of the Zimmerman verdict.

These circumstances have already extracted a renewed promise from her to acquire her Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit so she can carry her own weapon legally. (!!)

If you have an umbrella near at hand, it probably won't rain that day.

No one should ever go to Walmart...about two of every three stories I read about someone getting robbed and/or shot happen in a Walmart parking lot...they seem to be almost as dangerous as an unloaded firearm. ;)

Guest 6.8 AR

You're far enough away from Kraft Street. You should be fine.

Yeh, up at the top of the hill, right behind APSU on Kraft is where it will start. You know where that is. :D

Guest 6.8 AR

Maybe the NSA will do something patriotic like showing everyone that all the Tweets(from twits) are originating

from Eric Holder and his black panthers.

After the verdict, I imagine the six jury-women will be OUTRAGED to discover that Saint Trayvon of Skittles' THUG history has been withheld from them.

I have mixed feelings about whether Trayvon's past should have been introduced to the jury. I understand the issue of not introducing, usually, prior bad acts. At the same time, even though Zimmerman didn't KNOW them at the time, the fact that Trayvon had been using drugs, had been found with a burglary tool, had been expelled from school (for fighting I believe) all seem to me to be building a case for Trayvon doing a whole lot more that night than just "walking home with skittles"...in other words, Martin probably WAS acting suspiciously...even very suspiciously  making Zimmerman's attention to Martin more than understandable...even more than justified.

Now I admit that doesn't = not guilty but it certainly throws a BIG hole in the prosecution's argument that Zimmerman was just out to get "someone' because he was a cop-want-a-be who was pissed off because "they always get away".

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 1

Yeh, up at the top of the hill, right behind APSU on Kraft is where it will start. You know where that is. :D

I sure do. Got detoured through there during the APSU homecoming parade. Didn't even know a place like that existed in good 'ol Clarksville and I had been here for a few years when I drove through there. Of course, I was probably safer there than any place else in Clarksville. The dealers ain't gonna let a cracker like me get popped in their distribution center.... bad for business if the Popo were to actually go down there.
  • Like 2
Guest 6.8 AR

If that jury didn't know TM's past, they were kin to the Pinball Wizard. That info was all over the media(well, some of it)

for a long time before the trial. I guess they could have forgotten it.

Guest 6.8 AR

There used to be a sign at the entrance that said "Off limits to military personnel". I noticed it isn't there, anymore.

That project has always been rough. They usually do stay within the confines, though. I wouldn't be caught walking

around Kraft St. after dark.

I can't imagine the mayor sticking around for much of anything. Bowers probably skipped town with her!

There used to be a sign at the entrance that said "Off limits to military personnel". I noticed it isn't there, anymore.

That project has always been rough. They usually do stay within the confines, though. I wouldn't be caught walking

That gas station right at the Kraft Street entrance to the hood is a bad place to go. Only crackers that live in the hood is allowed in that store. I haven't seen no crime scene tape around it in a while. Place must have mellowed out some.

DSWD

Y'all quit bragging. We have some kickass ghettos in Nashville too.

• Like 5