Weed, fights and guns: Trayvon Martin’s text messages released

In 2005, Zimmerman was arrested and charged with "resisting officer with violence" and "battery of law enforcement officer." Both 3rd degree felonies, but the charges were reduced to "resisting officer without violence". The remaining charge was dismissed when he entered an alcohol education program.

A lot had been made of those "charges" but few people ever bother to find out the whole story; I can't lay my hands on the story now but if memory serves he had been drinking and came to the aid of a buddy whom he felt the police were harassing for no reason. Whether the cops were or weren't being unreasonable I've no idea but certainly, the court didn't make as much of it at the time as a lot of folks want to make of it now.

In the same year (2005), Zimmerman's ex-fiance, Veronica Zuazo, filed a civil motion for a restraining order, alleging domestic violence; Zimmerman filed for a retraining order against Zuazo and both these claims were resolved with both restraining orders granted.

In 2005, Zimmerman was arrested and charged with "resisting officer with violence" and "battery of law enforcement officer." Both 3rd degree felonies, but the charges were reduced to "resisting officer without violence". The remaining charge was dismissed when he entered an alcohol education program.

A lot had been made of those "charges" but few people ever bother to find out the whole story; I can't lay my hands on the story now but if memory serves he had been drinking and came to the aid of a buddy whom he felt the police were harassing for no reason. Whether the cops were or weren't being unreasonable I've no idea but certainly, the court didn't make as much of it at the time as a lot of folks want to make of it now.

In the same year (2005), Zimmerman's ex-fiance, Veronica Zuazo, filed a civil motion for a restraining order, alleging domestic violence; Zimmerman filed for a retraining order against Zuazo and both these claims were resolved with both restraining orders granted.

Thank you for that info. I did not know the particulars.

Guest ThePunisher

He'll be found guilty. I'll bet a brick of .22 on it.

If he's found guilty, then all gun carry permit holders had better never ever use their guns in a self- defense situation b/c the liberals will come after you to ruin your life.

If he's found guilty, then all gun carry permit holders had better never ever use their guns in a self- defense situation b/c the liberals will come after you to ruin your life.

That is essentially what this is about as far as gun owners/carriers are concerned.

• Like 1

I think the jury has at least one very smart cookie sitting in that room and is making sure they are covering their butts. Why?  Because of the political BS that has been poured all over it like tar on a pancake.  Think about this....

1. Many analyst on Z's side were saying on Friday that "the jurors will be sleeping in their own beds tonight. The prosecution failed to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that this case was anything other than SD".  In reality this was the probably the wrong case to spend 3 hours in deliberations and come out with a verdict. This would send the message that 6 southern white women had their minds made up before the trail was even over. Face it. This IS THE WORLD WE LIVE IN NOW.

2. By asking for a complete inventory of items of evidence they made a statement that they wanted to be thorough in their search for the complete truth, and hopefully lessen the fallout of not finding him guilty of 2nd degree murder.

3. By asking for an explanation of the charge of manslaughter, they are showing they are considering ALL evidence and ALL charges.

Just my opinion.....which really don't mean crap.

Posted in the other thread as well. The jury instructions...

http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/Zimmerman_Final_Jury_Instructions.pdf

I don't think anyone has posted the jury profiles ("bare arms" courtesy of Jacksonville news):

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/mostpopular/story/George-Zimmerman-trial-juror-profiles/T0mNL1xK-kKf1z5M7h37yQ.cspx

"B29: Juror B29 is a Hispanic woman who works overnight at a nursing home. She lived in Chicago when the shooting happened and has several children.

B76: Juror B76 is a white, middle-aged woman who heard about case on the news. She called it a "great opportunity" to serve on jury and "wants a fair trial."

B37: Juror B37 is a white woman in her 30s. She has three dogs, four cats and a parrot. She also works at a chiropractic office and doesn't watch TV. She spends her time rescuing wildlife and said the trial is a state burden. She also thinks concealed weapons training is not adequate.

B51: Juror B51 is a white, middle-aged woman who is retired. She said she has an opinion and is not close minded. She said she remembers police saying Zimmerman should wait but didn't. She said it's "good to know we can consider bias."

E6: Juror E6 is a white woman her mid-30's. A preemptory challenge on her by the state was denied. She used to work in financial services, and said she doesn't know enough of the facts to form an opinion.

E40: Juror E40 is a white, middle-aged woman who said she is a lawyer at heart. She also said she could steer jurors to only consider evidence set forth in court. You have a "responsibility if you bare arms," she said."

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Here's more, with a bit more detail:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/07/12/Zimmerman-juror-profiles

• B29: Hispanic female with eight children who works at a nursing home, living in Chicago when the Trayvon Martin shooting occurred. She said that she worked nights with Alzheimer’s patients, moved to Seminole county four months prior to the start of the trial, and said, “I don’t like watchin the news period…I don’t read any newspapers, don’t watch the news.” She added she didn’t like crime shows on television. She said that she knew that with regard to the Trayvon Martin case, a “little boy had passed away,” who she thought was “a kid, 12 or 13,” and termed Martin a “child who died.” She had previously been arrested, and told the lawyers that she would have no problem voting “not guilty” if there was a reasonable doubt in her mind.
  • B76: White female of middle age who knew about case from the news, says she wants a “fair trial,” and said it was a “great opportunity” to serve on the jury. She said that she knew that someone had been shot and that Zimmerman was injured. She said she didn’t “believe what I hear on TV.” She has two children and has been married for 30 years, and said that she had used the Neighborhood Watch program in her neighborhood. She asked why “a kid was out at night getting candy” and said “If I saw someone beating a child I would definitely get involved, I’d push the person down if I needed to, to protect the child.”
  • B37: White woman in her 30s owns a variety of pets (3 dogs, 4 cats, parrot, crow with one wing, two lizards), rescues wildlife, works in a chiropractor’s office, and says she does not watch television. She told attorney’s that the burden of proof lay with the state, and thinks concealed and carry weapons training is inadequate, although she said she had once had a concealed firearm license. She has two children. She said that the best use for newspapers was lining her parrot’s cage, and said she did not trust the media. She called the Trayvon Martin protests “rioting” and said she remembered that Zimmerman had been in a fight late at night and a “boy of color” had been killed.
  • B51: White retired woman, unmarried, who admitted she had an opinion on the case, and admitted that she had heard Zimmerman had been told not to follow Zimmerman (false) but that he declined to do so. She also stated it was “good to know we can consider bias.” She said that Zimmerman’s participation in Neighborhood Watch was something “he was supposed to be doing.” She said that Zimmerman might have done something wrong in not waiting for police, stating, “No. Perhaps he did. Yes.” She said that she thought the Chief of Police of Sanford had lost his job thanks to not arresting Zimmerman quickly enough.
  • E6: White mid-30s female who worked in financial services; defense attempted to preemptory challenge her but the judge denied the challenge. She said she didn’t know enough facts to have an opinion on the case. She has two children and had been previously arrested on a domestic violence charge. She said she didn’t follow the case closely, and said, ‘I don’t put much stock to what’s in the news, it’s so speculative.” She said she’d seen a picture of Zimmerman’s face bloodied, and that she had guns in the home. She told her children when she heard about the shooting not to dress or act to give a “false impression” while out at night. She seemed quite familiar with the concept of reasonable doubt, and asked specific questions about it.
  • E40: White middle-aged female who called herself a lawyer at heart, said she could help tell jurors to only consider evidence presented in court, and said that citizens have “responsibility if you bear arms.” She is a safety officer, and has one child. She said she heard about a teenager being killed and “didn’t have time” to follow the case.

- OS

GZ's neighbor was just interviewed by Fox. He claimed 5 of the women are ready to acquit him of the charges but one is holding out and wants to know more about manslaughter. I have no idea how he knows this information.

GZ's neighbor was just interviewed by Fox. He claimed 5 of the women are ready to acquit him of the charges but one is holding out and wants to know more about manslaughter. I have no idea how he knows this information.

I just received word from inside source that the jury just notified of a verdict. Guilty.

GZ's neighbor was just interviewed by Fox. He claimed 5 of the women are ready to acquit him of the charges but one is holding out and wants to know more about manslaughter. I have no idea how he knows this
information.

Did you notice how heated he got with the judge? I was really hoping to see more of it but the news lady stepped in.
  • Moderators

Wonder if the Hispanic community will riot in protest? (sarcasm)

No...only the "white-Hispanics" will.

Damn I guess I better get ready to riot, just in case. I mean considering that I am a McBeaner (Irish & Mexican) would that make me a "white -Hispanic"?
  • Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

Damn I guess I better get ready to riot, just in case. I mean considering that I am a McBeaner (Irish & Mexican) would that make me a "white -Hispanic"?

Aw, your screwed. Mine is Irish and German, with some redneck thrown in, though.

Edited by 6.8 AR