Weed, fights and guns: Trayvon Martin’s text messages released

Angel? Who gives one crap about being an angel? Innocent is the term I believe you're looking for, that's all this trial has proven.

You know they make medicines you can take right? There has to be some flaw in your mental process, that's the only thing that makes sense. You're at best, a troll. At worse, a very mentally flawed individual

Really? I'm flawed because I believe someone is innocent? You're the mental....never mind. I will not say whats on my mind. Don't like me? HIT IGNORE mental case!!! Are you out of meds? Well guess what? I'm three times the man you will ever be. Why can't you engage in decent discussion?

Go look in the mirror and do some soul searching!!!

;)

Dave Seyr

Edited by DaveS

Conspiracy theory:  They have agreed to not guilty and didn't want to bring back a verdict that quick to reduce the perception that they didn't give it due consideration.  We can hope can't we.

I actually think it will be a hung jury.  I can't for the life of me believe that out of 6 hopefully reasonable people that one won't hold out for not guilty even under pressure to do the emotional thing.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 1

Angel? Who gives one crap about being an angel? Innocent is the term I believe you're looking for, that's all this trial has proven.

You know they make medicines you can take right? There has to be some flaw in your mental process, that's the only thing that makes sense. You're at best, a troll. At worse, a very mentally flawed individual

Why can't you engage in decent discussion?

Dave, this is the funniest, although directly hypocritical, post I've read today Edited by KKing
  • Like 1

Then I'll stick by statement then -- hung or manslaughter. They could have stayed as long as they wanted, and if they were close to acquittal, I bet they would have given it the effort for longer just to be done with it.

- OS

Trying to read much into what a jury is thinking is usually a fool's errand....the more serious charge in the case I served on took quite a long time to deliberate even though the evidence clearly showed that the accused was guilty as hell...unless they come back in a very short period of time it's really just one big unknown.

If they come back with "guilty" then Zimmerman will just be another person who appropriately used deadly force to defend his life but the system failed him anyway...there have been plenty of people send to jail in exactly the same way.

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 1

Dave, this is the funniest post, coming from you, that I believe I've ever read. It's the equivalent of Obama giving a speech to a crowd full of us gun loving patriots and asking "Why don't you trust me?"

Don't never ever compare me to Obama! That's Mikegidean's theme song.....I'm pretty well Anti Obama!

Next?

Really? I'm flawed because I believe someone is innocent? You're the mental....never mind. I will not say whats on my mind. Don't like me? HIT IGNORE mental case!!! Are you out of meds? Well guess what? I'm three times the man you will ever be. Why can't you engage in decent discussion? You mental def*** ****** ******!!!!!!

Go look in the mirror and do some soul searching!!!

;)

Dave Seyr

Simmer down there, darlin'. You just broke a few commandments in this post. Ain't worth it.

Dave, this is the funniest, although directly hypocritical, post I've read today

Dave, this is the funniest, although directly hypocritical, post I've read today

Actually I do perform at times as an amateur comedian. Hypocrite? Then please don't read no more....I'm not.

Simmer down there, darlin'. You just broke a few commandments in this post. Ain't worth it.

Yeah your right. I like TGO to much....some things ain't worth a spit.

Trying to read much into what a jury is thinking is usually a fool's errand....the more serious charge in the case I served on took quite a long time to deliberate even though the evidence clearly showed that the accused was guilty as hell...unless they come back in a very short period of time it's really just one big unknown.

If they come back with "guilty" then Zimmerman will just be another person who appropriately used deadly force to defend his life but the system failed him anyway...there have been plenty of people send to jail in exactly the same way.

Yep. There's no real evidence, but there's an extra deep pile of BS to wade thru. It's also a real possibility that the jury could get hung the other way. 

Yeah your right. I like TGO to much....some things ain't worth a spit.

Yeah your right. I like TGO to much....some things ain't worth a spit. Some things get me riled....mostly stupidity and trolls.

Yep. There's no real evidence, but there's an extra deep pile of BS to wade thru. It's also a real possibility that the jury could get hung the other way. 

There is no evidence that I seen. The jury getting "hung up" is a real possibility. Of everything I seen, the defense presented the better case. I still support TM and always will. Is Zman guilty? I don't think so. At least the state didn't prove it. He'll walk for sure.

KKing
Member Since 07 May 2013

Post Count 133

DaveS
Member Since 26 Jun 2008

Post Count 4,344

There's some telling information above, not only has DaveS been here forever but he is also a subject matter expert in the hunting sub forum IIRC. He is definetly NOT a troll. He has an opinion that is just as valid as any of ours and feels just as strongly as we do. I think he is wrong personally but at the end of the day that's neither here nor there, its HIS opinion, he owns it and can do with it as he pleases.

Don't think I'm tryin ta pick on ya KKing, I'm not. I've argued a bit with DaveS and it can be frustrating as he seems pretty well set in his ways and unwilling to listen to reason but I don't think he is a troll anymore than I think you are (and BTW I don't think you are either).
  • Like 1
I don't see how post count correlates with making posts directly intended to stir the pot or provoke anger in this thread (i.e. being a troll)

I get your point, but post count has zero to do with the TYPE of posts made, especially in this thread, which is what I was referring to. All it proves to me is he's been a member longer, it doesn't speak to the type of posts being made, although outside of this thread they may be helpful. Dave may be the best guy ever, but sometimes a spade has to be called a spade. You can disagree with me all you like, but I still expect you to recognize facts as such if we are going to engage in conversation. I don't deal well with agenda pushing and posts specifically intended to stir the pot...especially when masked as "opinion". That's like me starting a thread on this forum titled "Guns are evil". It's my opinion and unsupported by any type of logic or fact. I know exactly what type of attention and response I'll receive by making a post like that, and deservedly so. Opinions when theres no facts are just that, opinion. Opinions that ignore the facts in front of you, are silliness and based on nothing more than feelings. Your mileage may vary. Oh well, the facts of the case are in, we all well know that if he's not acquitted it's unjust to say the least. I'll keep my comments aimed directly toward the case, no matter how silly posts are

Now I'll go cower in the corner and wait for someone to say I'm racist for using the word "spade". ;) Edited by KKing

There's some telling information above, not only has DaveS been here forever but he is also a subject matter expert in the hunting sub forum IIRC. He is definetly NOT a troll. He has an opinion that is just as valid as any of ours and feels just as strongly as we do. I think he is wrong personally but at the end of the day that's neither here nor there, its HIS opinion, he owns it and can do with it as he pleases.

Don't think I'm tryin ta pick on ya KKing, I'm not. I've argued a bit with DaveS and it can be frustrating as he seems pretty well set in his ways and unwilling to listen to reason but I don't think he is a troll anymore than I think you are (and BTW I don't think you are either).

There are people who have been on this forum that long with a very modest post count; I'm not sure either time here or post count really enter into it or at least, aren't a very good measure one way or the other.

The "troll" accusation gets thrown about far too frequently and usually inappropriately

Edited by RobertNashville
Guest nra37922

Really y'all in all honesty what we have is a thug in training getting put down by a armed citizen.   BFD, should happen more often.  Problem is that one cannot offend or injure a member of the protected class without getting ones nuts in a vise. 

KKing
Member Since 07 May 2013

Post Count 133

DaveS
Member Since 26 Jun 2008

Post Count 4,344

I think Dave may have been pushing some buttons. I also know that he really is convinced in this case. I don't get it, but he's convinced. Yep. he's been here forever. That's why I've been calling him by his old user name :).

• Like 1

I think Dave may have been pushing some buttons. I also know that he really is convinced in this case. I don't get it, but he's convinced....

Well, a number of statements like this one, though:

There is no evidence that I seen. The jury getting "hung up" is a real possibility. Of everything I seen, the defense presented the better case. I still support TM and always will. Is Zman guilty? I don't think so. At least the state didn't prove it. He'll walk for sure.

Lead me to wonder how this obsessive dual viewpoint developed -- maybe years of bad splo floating around Clarksville or something? :)

- OS

• Like 1

Out of everything we've talked about and learned during this thread, the only thing I know for sure is that DaveS lost all credibility with his incoherent arguments and complete disregard of the facts. 

He reminds me of Strel(if anyone remembers him), except he can articulate his thoughts at least a little better that Strel did.

Edited by Erik88
  • Like 1
  • Moderators

...He reminds me of Strel(if anyone remembers him), except he can articulate his thoughts at least a little better that Strel did.

OUCH!

That was just plain vicious.

I'm proud of you, son. Our baby all grows up.