Murfreesboro DUI Checkpoint Video Making its Way Across the Web

Most of the time if ya jest treat the police jest like a long lost friend and be cool and kinda cut up with them and treat them like a human being you have no problem , always keeping calm while you are talking to them , thay really don't want to have to fill out a 2 page report unless you really have done some thing wrong. It's when you get short with them or raise your voice for no reason and want to be a bad a## is when you get the power play and the police are going to win on that one in the end . The police can also be very understanding . And you have some that or not ,
Guest Bonedaddy

Maybe...but if it's a known common practice in your area, you're not a whore but just coverin' your butt. Professionalism or don't do the job. People shouldn't have to resort to this kinda thing but........

I love omelets!

Yeah, I understand.  I was implying a reference to your party last week where you referenced cornhole.  Just trying to bring it all back around. :pleased:

Yep. Went to a party with some gay folks, and they were all cornholing. I said the same at the party... sure doesn't mean what it used to :)

You can get pulled over and be polite and answer questions asked with respect and honesty but this particular cop has a problem and the night he pulled me over he just kept on trying to push my buttons so that I would say something wrong or he don't like. There's no need for that and I didn't appreciate his demeanor but what was I to do?
Best thing is just don't talk to them don't answer questions because they seem to have there mind made you're doing wrong or you're lying.

sent from my RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

You can get pulled over and be polite and answer questions asked with respect and honesty but this particular cop has a problem and the night he pulled me over he just kept on trying to push my buttons so that I would say something wrong or he don't like. There's no need for that and I didn't appreciate his demeanor but what was I to do?
Best thing is just don't talk to them don't answer questions because they seem to have there mind made you're doing wrong or you're lying.

I would have thought seriously about filing a complaint. That's different. You weren't poking him. I dislike bad cops as much as the next guy. Doesn't change the fact that this kid was baiting them, and may have received a similar response from any LEO.

• Like 3

I would have thought seriously about filing a complaint. That's different. You weren't poking him. I dislike bad cops as much as the next guy. Doesn't change the fact that this kid was baiting them, and may have received a similar response from any LEO.

What I was trying say or make a point. Is this particular officer it don't matter I was nice and he kept digging for trouble and that kid decided to approach him in his own way and the same officer still made trouble. The difference is he had a video and I didn't I was out riding my motorcycle after work. I have considered purchasing a portable cam just for these very purposes. Then here I am knocking on 50 and I shouldn't need or have worry about being harassed on the road no matter what time it is where I'm going or where I've been. Its really none of there business to be honest.

• Like 2

Ok, if someone else maybe older and more curteous would go out to a DUI checkpoint and film video, you guys being a bit too critical would not be as critical. Maybe it's the first time the "kid" did this, maybe he's still learining on how to interact with officers at a DUI checkpoint.

Funny though how the officers anywhere start acting differently when they see a camera and it is filming.

• Like 1

In this case it reminds me of how criminals look when they notice they're being recorded.

Funny though how the officers anywhere start acting differently when they see a camera and it is filming.

• Like 1

What I was trying say or make a point. Is this particular officer it don't matter I was nice and he kept digging for trouble and that kid decided to approach him in his own way and the same officer still made trouble. The difference is he had a video and I didn't I was out riding my motorcycle after work. I have considered purchasing a portable cam just for these very purposes. Then here I am knocking on 50 and I shouldn't need or have worry about being harassed on the road no matter what time it is where I'm going or where I've been. Its really none of there business to be honest.

I understood you. This cop is a dick in real life.

Ok, if someone else maybe older and more curteous would go out to a DUI checkpoint and film video, you guys being a bit too critical would not be as critical. Maybe it's the first time the "kid" did this, maybe he's still learining on how to interact with officers at a DUI checkpoint.

What are you talking about? We gave Kwik 800 pages of hell for doing the same shit. 

Guest Bonedaddy

Cops ain't the only ones that will make up laws on ya. Had a DA in traffic court try to do that to me, once but the judge caught it and blew his ass out for it then dismissed the whole ticket. I just grinned like a kid that done snuck into the peep show.

What are you talking about? We gave Kwik 800 pages of hell for doing the same ####. 

Fortunately for me, I know what crap Kwik pulled and know not to follow in his footsteps. Some people want to pull stuff like this all the time. Just it informs the former unknowing public of the kinda crap that goes on if you don't act like the cops think you ought to.

It is their jobs to enforce the laws on the books( i get that) but some seem to "bully" those uninformed of the law. This kid knew the law and they got caught admitting it on camera.

Guest Bonedaddy

Dangit! Been tryin' to find the story on the Lauderdale county depps that broke a boy's back over an altercation with one of them's son, or some such crap, that happened several years, ago but the local news Topix thing doesn't look like it wants to come up. Never did hear how the settlement came out. Another major abuse of authority case, is all. Oh well......

I thought some of you folks would be interested in my response to this incident.  Here is an excerpt of my blog post:

If the alleged purpose of this checkpoint was to detect impaired drivers, the driver was cooperative enough to allow the officer to carry out this function. If an officer can’t tell from talking to a driver through a partially opened window whether they have signs of impairment such as slurred speech, bloodshot/watery eyes, poor manual dexterity, etc. that officer certainly isn’t qualified to work a sobriety checkpoint.

As many on the web have pointed out, the time that this officer spent harassing an obviously sober individual, he could have used that time to seek out intoxicated drivers. But this incident wasn’t really about drunk drivers was it? This was a case of an officer stroking his ego because the driver was deemed to be guilty of “contempt of cop”, simple as that.

I also discuss some of the pertinent case law surrounding checkpoints and the issue related to the drug dog.  I'd be interested to hear people's thoughts.

https://thescruffypulpit.wordpress.com/2013/07/09/an-independence-day-checkpoint/

• Like 2
Guest Bonedaddy

Nice work, fella. You sound kinda like my step-dad. I really wish they could do away with usin' dogs but comin' up with somethin' as sensitive as a dog's nose is not easy. I used to get used by him to train shepards for the Jackson, Tn police dept. at the time we lived there.