What should I do with aluminum cases?

More like 0% reload them. Aluminum cases will crush in dies (I think, never tried it).

Never say never. I have reloaded AL cases. Just to see if it could be done.

It's been years and years, but to the best of my memory, it was either .38 Spl., or .357 Mag. CCI Blazer AL.

I had to punch through the case head with the decapping pin since the cases are Berdan primed. Fortunately, AL is soft and I didn't break a pin. Also fortunately, the CCI Berdan primers were the same size as standard small pistol primers. I loaded light loads.

It worked. Once. Your mileage may vary. I don't recommend anyone else try it. I wasn't the first to try, either. I read about someone else doing it on Rec.guns on the old Usenet.

I say again. I DO NOT RECOMMEND RELOADING ALUMINUM CASES. Leave that sort of stuff to tinkerers who have learned how to keep all our digits intact when doing something iffy. Edited by Clod Stomper
Guest johnwhite

A neighbor made a wind chime with them, weird noise. I saw a guy at the range his buttons on his shirt were 38spl al heads.

Yeah, you could recycle them( doubt they would be worth much unless you had some serious weight to them. I would suggest finding someone who makes jewelry out of them. Never know, one mans trash is another mans( or womans) treasure.

Yeah, I have a can (affectionately known as the sh!t can) where I toss bad brass. Figure my wife will make something with it someday or I'll just recycle it when I have enough to bother with. That's where the aluminum stuff is headed!
  • Moderators

Flatten 'em, punch holes, lace 'em together for a much more effective hat than aluminum foil.

- OS

Or a ray-gun deflecting chain mail vest...but only if you don't mind going and spending a few bucks on some of those crystal beads that are put on those charm bracelets girls wear. I believe the correct ratio should be 1 crystal bead for every 3 aluminum beads.

Edited by CZ9MM
Guest Grout

he had a machinist make a 2 prong decapper to remove the primers.also as Clodstomper stated above standard small pistol primers will fit in the Blazer case