Happy Ramadan everyone!

Everyone has views and opinions, and I'm glad for that. But here is my thing on persecution: Jokes vs killing in the name of non-compliance are two different things. Some religions believe that others will go to hell if you do not do as they do....BUT...these Radical, extremist savages will help you get there because you don't believe the way they do. Thinking vs Killing Thank God those two things are not the same for a multitude of reasons.
The uneducated came from Ramadan is a month long and fasting is only during daylight hours. I have not read the Quran and don't plan on it. I believe in the concept of judge not and be judged not.

I saw this recently in an email. Obviously a reference to the outcome of those that resists the beast and his image......Beheading just a coincidence maybe?....I doubt it.

Oh...and don't shoot the messenger.  OH, I did add the picture from one above that made me think of this.

Rev. 20:4  

"And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and [I saw] the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received [his] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years."

[url=http://s1179.photobucket.com/user/Randallg53/media/345-muslim-outrage.jpg.html]345-muslim-outrage.jpg[/URL]

Edited by Randall53

The uneducated came from Ramadan is a month long and fasting is only during daylight hours. I have not read the Quran and don't plan on it. I believe in the concept of judge not and be judged not.

Yeah but that rule is judge not lest ye be judge yourselves. By the same measure you judge, shall you be judged.

Using that as a guideline, I still judge and condemn murdering, subjugating, woman abusers. If I'm judged against tht standard, I'm cool with that.
  • Like 1

But the origin of this tread was grouping all Muslims together as a whole. And I judged no one, just commented. Even the Garbage bag pic I am going to show some of my Muslim friends because they will think it is hilarious.

Yeah but that rule is judge not lest ye be judge yourselves. By the same measure you judge, shall you be judged.

Using that as a guideline, I still judge and condemn murdering, subjugating, woman abusers. If I'm judged against tht standard, I'm cool with that.

So is that how you think of all Muslims? Murdering, Subjugating, Woman abusers. I have met at least 20 Muslim exchange students here in TN and have got this vibe from any of them.

well. in the name of Christianity how many where killed ? Remember the Crusades?

Crusades were a result of Islamic aggression on Christians, in the 11th Century Islamic Turkish Tartars siezed the Holy City & butchered 3000+ Christians living in Jerusalem at the time, & then set about systematically robbing, raping & beheading Christian pilgrims traveling to/from the Holy Land.

Blaming the Christians for the Crusades is sort of like blaming the United States for Japan's bombing of Pearl Harbor.
  • Like 2

Crusades were a result of Islamic aggression on Christians, in the 11th Century Islamic Turkish Tartars siezed the Holy City & butchered 3000+ Christians living in Jerusalem at the time, & then set about systematically robbing, raping & beheading Christian pilgrims traveling to/from the Holy Land.
Blaming the Christians for the Crusades is sort of like blaming the United States for Japan's bombing of Pearl Harbor.

Also, Christians aren't still doing it today. They same cannot be said for the other side. But the way things are going, history is bound to repeat itself.

But the origin of this tread was grouping all Muslims together as a whole. And I judged no one, just commented. Even the Garbage bag pic I am going to show some of my Muslim friends because they will think it is hilarious.

So is that how you think of all Muslims? Murdering, Subjugating, Woman abusers. I have met at least 20 Muslim exchange students here in TN and have got this vibe from any of them.

Maybe not yet.  But it has happened in history and will happen again.  They have just not gotten Sharia Law as the law of the land....YET.   but they are working it.

• Like 1

Maybe not yet.  But it has happened in history and will happen again.  They have just not gotten Sharia Law as the law of the land....YET.   but they are working it.

I agree. I am of the opinion that a lot of Muslims here will act a lot different if they are surrounded by Muslims protected by Sharia Law, will take the protection from it over what we call freedom...what is left of it anyway. They will be more free under Sharia than we are.
  • Like 1

Actually no.. The crusades where against Muslims by the Christians.. it started there and it became much  more after that .. but anyway..

Any religion is guilty of murdering in the name of their god..

[URL=http://s987.photobucket.com/user/cwillard1983/media/Mohammed-and-Aisha_zpsb9b2ad67.jpg.html]Mohammed-and-Aisha_zpsb9b2ad67.jpg[/URL]

I try my best to be tolerant of all religions however i can not find the place to accept a religion whose guiding moral figure while at the age of 53 has sex with a 9 year old girl

Edited by c.a.willard
  • Like 1

Joke time:

Three strangers awaiting their flights strike up a conversation in the airport passenger lounge in Bozeman, Montana.  One is an American Indian passing through from Lame Deer.  Another is a Cowboy on his way to Billings for a livestock show.  And the third is a fundamentalist Arab student, newly arrived at Montana State University from the Middle East who is headed to a training conference in Detroit.

Their discussion drifts to their diverse cultures.  Soon, the two Westerners learn that the Arab is a devout, radical Muslim who supports Osama Bin Laden's Jihad, so the conversation falls into an uneasy lull. The cowboy leans back in his chair, crosses his boots on a magazine table and tips his big sweat-stained hat forward over his face.  The wind outside is  blowing tumbleweeds around, and the old windsock is flapping; but  still . . . no plane comes.

Finally, ! the American Indian clears his throat and softly, he speaks,  "At one time here, my people were many, but sadly, now we are few."

The Muslim student raises an eyebrow and leans forward, "Once my  people were few," he sneers, "and now we are many.  Why do you suppose that is?"

The Montana cowboy shifts his toothpick to one side of his mouth and from the darkness beneath his Stetson says in a drawl, "That's 'cause we ain't played Cowboys and Muslims yet, . . . but I do believe it's a-comin'."

• Like 1

Well I can't speak for the rest of you but Catholics and Jews should know better then to persecute others for their religious beliefs. We had our share through the centuries.

Have you actually taken time to study Islam? It's not friendly at all to Christian or Jews. One example - plenty more if you want them

[5.51] O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people.

To the Sensitive Sallys,

It is not as if making some Islam jokes is an indictment of every person of that faith. I have yet to meet a Jewish person who had less Jew jokes than I and I can't count the number of Catholic jokes I've heard in the past year from the most catholic person on earth. Life is made for making fun of.

Now, for why Islam is "attacked" so much I would refer you to the hoards of violent demonstrators who will take to the streets and demand blood each time Momo the Sheep Raper is depicted in a negative light, or depicted at all..... feel free to use the previous sentence as an example. If such a sentence was said by a celebrity via twitter there'd be a fatwa by the end of the day demanding his head and violent protests across the Islamic world with signs threatening death to those that insult the Prophet, The Messenger, The Beloved, The Child Raper, The Chosen one....

If you replaced that sentence above with "Jesus" as opposed to "Momo" you wouldn't find many in the US taking to the streets demanding blood. Yeah, people would be pissed, they would boycott and maybe even protest, but they would not be threatening violence with the exception of a few kooks not claimed by their fellow Christians. Islamic culture throughout the world would react in a violent manner as the majority, leaving only the "kooks" in their religion to believe it isn't that big a deal.

So I believe, in my opinion, the reason there is so much draw for Americans to poke a finger in the eye of Islam is because of our nature as freedom loving, oppression hating patriots. Our founding principles were based on not being told what to do, but instead to govern ourselves. So it should come as no surprise that folks would take a dim view of a culture that threatens violence against us for exercising a basic God-given right. I participated in "Everybody Draw Muhammed Day", not because I'm ignorant and intolerant, but because Islamo-Fascists around the world were threatening to kill cartoonists who depicted Muhammed. Well I'll be damned if any monkeys from Suckistan will attempt to control the actions of free men. That is the American spirit right there. It isn't about being intolerant, it's about not being told what to do under threat of violence. I'd rather die than be told I can't even speak freely.

Some people would call such behavior uneducated and ignorant, but I'm neither. I am very familiar with Islamic culture and faith. And my opinion on it is not at odds with my belief in the same freedoms afforded to American Muslims. I even have Muslim friends and have interacted with thousands (yes thousands) of Muslims in my lifetime. I get that not all of them are freedom hating fascists. I believe that their faith has and is being hijacked by extremists, but I DON'T give any of the moderates a pass because they either fail to recognize the radicalization that is occurring in their faith or they are too cowardly to speak out about it. Either way, they have no reason to look outward for why there is so much distrust and ridicule in the direction of Islam from the Western world; they need to look inward at their own friends and neighbors. Edited by TMF